Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Oslo Killer of 93 Faces a Maximum Sentence of 21 Years!

Don't you just love these liberal countries? The killer walks at age 53.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post
    The homicide rate in Norway is 8X less than the homicide rate in US. They must be doing something right with sentencing.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The homicide rate in Norway is 8X less than the homicide rate in US. They must be doing something right with sentencing.
    You're right. 21 years behind bars is plenty for committing 93 murders.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Kind of a meaningless stat when Norway has a population of less than five million compared with over 300 million here.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

a pig conservative killed kids, and you have a problem with liberals... Dumb donkey.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

U r aware that they have similar firearm laws to ur country and that this guy is an exception and not the norm?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i wonder if you kill 500 if it's 30 years, or what it is. or if you kill 3 people it's only 2 years. what if you kill 2000 people in norway? i bet that they will not kill the person who kills 2000 people because it's against their culture.
    in my opinion if you kill 2 people society should kill you.
    but even in a very liberal country i would think that they would kill you if you kill more than 10 people

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

two wrongs don't equal a right

some countries get that

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Useless post unless youre going to back it up with proof

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

i hope he fuckking beating at prison

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by senseionline View Post
    i hope he fuckking beating at prison
    Chances are he will be in a padded cell isolated from the rest of the inmates as most would understandably want to see harm come to him...Crackpot right winged ideology. Guy told his lawyer that he was glad he did it and was wanting to start a revolution...Apparently he is quite wealthy also...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Kind of a meaningless stat when Norway has a population of less than five million compared with over 300 million here.
    Using your population numbers:

Norway - 30 homicides per year (0.6 per 100,000)
    USA - 15,000 homicides per year (5 per 100,000)

face

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

some countries get that
    right but if one person kills lots of people it's like 93 +1 wrongs don't equal a right. I say 94 wrongs do equal a right.

face

this is a very big loophole. i think the terrorists will try to kill at least 1000 people in norway next time, because all you get is 20 years, anyone can do 20 years it is not very long at all.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

some countries get that
    yea better we let the insane madman loose so he can kill another 100 innocent kids

thats right

you are such a fukkin idiot
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

He'll be dead by the time he hits 53.1 years of age.

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    yea better we let the insane madman loose so he can kill another 100 innocent kids

thats right

you are such a fukkin idiot
    Everyone calls me an idiot.

house paid off, have not worked in three years, drive a benz

while you are still a slave for the government

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

City of Los Angeles has more violent crime than the whole Scandanavian pennisula combined.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Guy told his lawyer that he was glad he did it and was wanting to start a revolution...Apparently he is quite wealthy also...
    Wow there are other ways to start a revolution

warriorfan707

Everyone calls me an idiot

I wonder why

Slave for the government?

Ive spent the last 2 years travelling, gambling, partying and banging women

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    I wonder why

Slave for the government?

Ive spent the last 2 years travelling, gambling, partying and banging women
    Still living at home your parents must be so proud.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    this is a very big loophole. i think the terrorists will try to kill at least 1000 people in norway next time, because all you get is 20 years, anyone can do 20 years it is not very long at all.
    Terrorists have known about the Norweigan way of life for as long as the sun has come up and all because one crack pot causes mayhem means that all of a sudden the laws need to be changed European countries are not reactionary for the most part. Terrorists never attacked countries whose foreign policies put their people at a disadvantage. This is a discussion that ur country needs to have...

warriorfan707

Still living at home your parents must be so proud.

you told you that? chemicalbrother????

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

21 years was what varg vikernes got

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Anders Behring Breivik, who according to his lawyer has admitted his role in the mass murder of at least 93 people in an “atrocious … but necessary” act, could if found guilty be imprisoned beyond the country’s 21-year maximum sentence, according to a Norwegian prosecutor.
    But to keep him in jail for the rest of his life, in the country’s famously comfortable prison system, would be unheard of in the peaceful, egalitarian country of five million people, said Carol Sandbye, a lawyer who works in Norway’s office of public prosecutions.
    She said the country’s General Civil Penal Code gives the state prosecutor the right to seek an extension of sentences beyond the 21-year maximum for up to five years at a time, on the condition that the inmate is deemed to be a “high risk” of repeating serious offences.
    Sandbye, who was fielding media calls at the Oslo Police District office Sunday, said it’s therefore technically possible to keep extending a sentence indefinitely.
    “You can, but it’s highly unlikely,” she told Postmedia News in a telephone interview. “That would mean that person is going to spend his entire life in jail.”
    Sandbye said that inmates in all “civilized countries” without the death penalty are eventually paroled. But in Canada it is widely assumed notorious serial killers Clifford Olson and Paul Bernardo will die in prison.
    Sandbye acknowledged that the devastating mass murder Friday could prompt a debate about whether some people should always remain behind bars.
    “That’s what the world needs to understand about Norway, is that this incident represents our loss of innocence, because we’ve been a very safe country to live in until now,” she said.
    “There’s been no reason to keep people in prison for life.”
    Breivik said through his lawyer Sunday that he wants to explain his actions in his first court appearance Monday.
    That has prompted speculation that he hopes to promote his far-right theories outlined in a lengthy online essay and video circulating on social media this weekend about a “necessary” violent crusade against “cultural Marxism” and the “Islamization of Europe.”
    “He has said that he believed the actions were atrocious, but that in his head they were necessary,” lawyer Geir Lippestad told a Norwegian TV station, adding that Breivik admitted to the bombing in Oslo and mass shootings of young Norwegians on a nearby island resort.
    If convicted, Breivik would serve time in a penal system that has been both praised and ridiculed for its comforts and conveniences.
    In May Britain’s Daily Mail tabloid ran a story showing a murderer sunbathing outside his chalet located at the Bastoy Prison on an island south of Oslo.
    “Can a prison possibly justify treating its inmates with saunas, sunbeds and deck chairs if that prison has the lowest reoffending rate in Europe?” the Daily Mail asked, noting that Norway’s penal system “runs contrary to all our instincts — but achieves everything we could wish for.”
    John Pratt, a criminologist at Victoria University in New Zealand, explained in a 2007 essay the genesis of low imprisonment rates and humane prison conditions in Norway, Sweden and Finland.
    He said Scandinavia’s “exceptionalism” is rooted in the region’s remote location and barren geography, which meant that there was little incentive for the creation of a powerful landowning conservative upper class ruling over a feudal society. Instead, economic life was based around owners of small plots of land, leading to far greater egalitarianism.
    The idea of capital punishment lost favour in the 1800s, whereas in far more hierarchical societies such as Britain and France “the death penalty was used as a public spectacle which demonstrated the ultimate power of the ruling classes to literally annihilate those who constituted a threat to them.”
    Egalitarian principles combined with the emergence of the welfare state in the 20th century to encourage a far more lenient approach to punitive justice, he wrote, adding that there is little media sensationalism in the three countries about victims’ rights and so-called “cushy” prison conditions.
    Pratt, asked via email Sunday if he believed Friday’s events could lead to a hardening of public attitudes towards criminal justice matters, replied: “I think it will obviously be challenged, but at the same time I would be very surprised if there were any major changes. All the speeches from (government leaders) yesterday were about reaffirming Norwegian values, not looking for vengeance and retribution.”

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Norway+suspect+could+jailed+beyond+sente nce+Prosecutor/5151993/story.html#ixzz1T5REkqaU

topgame85

According to this he can get life through special extensions but prosecuto pretty much saying it would not happen

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

you might want to look up what rate means

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand why any country wastes time on judicial processes when someone either admits or is caught red handed doing this sort of mass murder. Just put two in his head and move on. No one's gonna cry about justice or due process for scum.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    you might want to look up what rate means
    TF is one of the slower sbr posters durito don't further confuse him.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

less violence.. but look what happens when they pop.. damn!

and it is more violent here.. we live different lives and suffer diff trials.. we resort to violence sometimes faster than others.. but that is the price for our "grandure" in this world.. this is how we got it to begin with!!

Robust

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

yeah in norway 21 years is the max sentence anyone can get and they also do not have capital punishment. hopefully as toppers long post suggests that they will be able to extend this for him. i mean, idk about you but this guy would definitely be deemed high risk, even 21 years from now

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

I swear some of you are the dumbest people I have ever seen in my entire life. He can get 21 or 23 years max if convicted of terrorism. NOT including the 93 counts of murder and other applicable charges.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

we should have the next sbr bash in norway

21 years might be worth getting rid of some of the losers that will be there
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: senseionline

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    we should have the next sbr bash in norway

21 years might be worth getting rid of some of the losers that will be there

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

The families should get to torture him to death

12 Last