SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

HBO PPV Boxing In-Game-Thread

I'm calling a fourth round stoppage later tonight.

Amir Khan by KO.

Sportsfan800
    Sportsfan800's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Zab Judah has started out slowly. He used to be real good in the early rounds. Khan's size and speed is giving him trouble.

Sportsfan800

Khan knocks him out in fifth. I win both bets.

Sportsfan800

It was an easy win. Zudah was never in the fight. Khan was too much for him.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dang I called fourth rd stoppage, fifth rd instead

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Shitty fight.
    Points Awarded:

Dank_Fire gave ApricotSinner32 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I'm the king of getting killed betting round props. It's always something ridiculous.

PWilliams/Cintron Over (Cintron dives out of the ring and acts as if he's paralyzed)
    Cotto by decision over Mayorga (Mayorga basically quit in the 12th)
    Cotto/Foreman Over (photographer trips Foreman, suffers an ACL tear in his knee)
    Canelo by decision over that British guy a few months ago (his trainer told him to just take the KO in the 12th round)

Now this.

Boxing...

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Judah gave up plain and simple. Yeah punch was maybe a tad bit low but Judah didn't react while on the ground. Even if Judah got up, Kahn would have continued to cruise.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    I'm the king of getting killed betting round props. It's always something ridiculous.

PWilliams/Cintron Over (Cintron dives out of the ring and acts as if he's paralyzed)
    Cotto by decision over Mayorga (Mayorga basically quit in the 12th)
    Cotto/Foreman Over (photographer trips Foreman, suffers an ACL tear in his knee)
    Canelo by decision over that British guy a few months ago (his trainer told him to just take the KO in the 12th round)

Now this.

Boxing...
    No foreman had a fukked up knee before the fight and there was no camera man that made him slip.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

I hate when this shit happens. I wait like 2 weeks for a fight and some punk cant last. Just like Paul Williams got KOd to Sergio

ApricotSinner32

Just there for the paycheck theory. Happens sometimes.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20421

Born again Christian or not, Zab has always been a punk.

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    No foreman had a fukked up knee before the fight and there was no camera man that made him slip.
    Specifics are irrelevant. I just know the guy quit that night and put on a horrible acting job. If his knee was that bad, he should have postponed the fight.

I also remember the ref clearly had money on that fight as well. Not sure if it was on Foreman, or the Over. But he did everything he could to keep that fight going.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

Specifics are irrelevant. I just know the guy quit that night and put on a horrible acting job. If his knee was that bad, he should have postponed the fight.

I also remember the ref clearly had money on that fight as well. Not sure if it was on Foreman, or the Over. But he did everything he could to keep that fight going.
    you are saying Foreman quit in that fight? hell no man...did you even watch?

Foreman had a banged up knee beforehand but the canvas was wet and he kept slipping, that's how he re injured it.

Also, that fight was a title fight, hence why the ref didn't just wanna call it off for the hell of it...Foreman wanted to keep going.

Word of advice, don't bet boxing.

ApricotSinner32

Again another dumb post he was not acting his knee was clearly banged up bad.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i have to watch that 10 count explanation from judah again...i mean that was pure comedy gold.........he fooled many with two lucky wins in a row( a b.s. decision vs matthysse and a lottery shot vs maibusa in a fight he was losing handily)....

he was looking for a way out,period....

one thing,though...khan is just plain bigger than everyone he fights...it`s not his speed....it`s not mayweather speed...not mayweather reflexes...not even close...it`s his height at the weight....and those incredibly long arms....everyone he`s fought is shorter(with the exception of prescott)....maidana was about an inch and a half shorter....and he gave him fits even as crude as he is.....

khan will handle bradley(another midget)....i still say that roach is both manny`s and khan`s ace in the hole...he`s a master strategist...and a master career planner...

it`s the fact that roach drums into manny and khan`s head to continually change directions...give angles....the best advice in boxing...make your opponent continually reset....you saw judah tonight throw almost no punches....he couldn`t get set to punch(but truthfully,at this point in his career,judah`s punch count is way down)......still,khan kept making him reset....

brilliant strategy....

i really have to get back to my dvr and hear zab`s 10 count explanation("i thought he was giving me an 8 count because of the low blow...i didn`t understnd....i didn`t......... i don`t..........i...i").........what a maroon....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 07-23-11 at 11:13 PM.

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    you are saying Foreman quit in that fight? hell no man...did you even watch?

Foreman had a banged up knee beforehand but the canvas was wet and he kept slipping, that's how he re injured it.

Also, that fight was a title fight, hence why the ref didn't just wanna call it off for the hell of it...Foreman wanted to keep going.

Word of advice, don't bet boxing.
    What a moron.

Oh it was a title fight! That makes it ok!

What difference does it make to the REF that it was a title fight? He's supposed to call the fight differently? lol

There's nothing more worthless in boxing than a ******* belt, jackass. They give those things away like candy. Got 200k? Congrats, this fight is for the IBO Super Light Cruiserweight Emeritus belt!

His corner didn't even want the fight to continue and the ref ignored them. Kept giving Yuri pep talks, telling him to suck it up. (Yeah, that's normal)

The ref constantly got pissed off when Foreman's knee would buckle and he's fall. (Yeah, no big deal) Even called time for an incidental slip? (Yeah, that's normal)

It's the ref's job to PROTECT an injured fighter. We're not talking about trying to let him tough it out for the final 2 or 3 rounds, the fight was halfway over! Yuri Foreman... with no mobility, against an inside fighter like Miguel Cotto? GTFO, Foreman was not fit to continue that fight.

The ref was abnormally biased. Did YOU watch the fight?

The fitness of Foreman's knee was no worse going into that fight, than all of the fights prior where he was racking up wins as an outside fighter. Were you going to point that out?

No, you're just going to squat on how "bad it was" because it finally tore. Only because it's convenient for your argument. Makes sense.

Word of advice, STFU.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

you can just see the look , i want this over and my check please. boxings gone just like the phone booth

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Khan dominated the fight....easy win...

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Khan dominated the fight....easy win...
    I think Khan ready for Mayweather he could beat him..

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

What a moron. Oh it was a title fight! That makes it ok! What difference does it make to the REF that it was a title fight? He's supposed to call the fight differently? lol There's nothing more worthless in boxing than a ******* belt, jackass. They give those things away like candy. Got 200k? Congrats, this fight is for the IBO Super Light Cruiserweight Emeritus belt! His corner didn't even want the fight to continue and the ref ignored them. Kept giving Yuri pep talks, telling him to suck it up. (Yeah, that's normal) The ref constantly got pissed off when Foreman's knee would buckle and he's fall. (Yeah, no big deal) Even called time for an incidental slip? (Yeah, that's normal) It's the ref's job to PROTECT an injured fighter. We're not talking about trying to let him tough it out for the final 2 or 3 rounds, the fight was halfway over! Yuri Foreman... with no mobility, against an inside fighter like Miguel Cotto? GTFO, Foreman was not fit to continue that fight. The ref was abnormally biased. Did YOU watch the fight? The fitness of Foreman's knee was no worse going into that fight, than all of the fights prior where he was racking up wins as an outside fighter. Were you going to point that out? No, you're just going to squat on how "bad it was" because it finally tore. Only because it's convenient for your argument. Makes sense. Word of advice, STFU.
    how much money did you lose on the fight?

The ref wasn't pissed at Yuri when he fell, he was pissed that the canvas was wet. You clearly are looking at the fight one sided due to all the money you lost on it

Good luck betting on boxing in the future, it seems you need it

I'm done addressing your stupidity.
    Last edited by Wiggums5; 07-24-11 at 06:38 AM.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

kahn looked great tonight.... its time for mayweather...

it would be a hell of a show if they hold it in the uk

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had Khan and for heavy, but even I was shocked at how quickly it was over. Elated and shocked!! lol

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    how much money did you lose on the fight?

The ref wasn't pissed at Yuri when he fell, he was pissed that the canvas was wet. You clearly are looking at the fight one sided due to all the money you lost on it

Good luck betting on boxing in the future, it seems you need it

I'm done addressing your stupidity.
    You're not too bright, are you? If I had money on the Over, why would I care if the ref tried prolonging the fight?

The canvas wasn't even wet you buffoon. His knee gave up. That happens when your ACL goes to shit on you in the middle of a fight.

If the canvas is wet, don't you think... IDK, radical idea here --- the ref would simply have it dried off?

Show me another ref that gets pissed off by a fighter slipping for no reason (flop excluded) and gives them pep talks. Show me a licensed commission that trains their refs to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D5XMnu25ZFKg

"Nice Foreman, nice!"

"Come on champ, suck it up"

"AH SHIT! ****!"

Kinda sad, I've seen the fight once, picked this up, and could remember it. But you couldn't. The way you look at fights shows how long you've watched the sport. Let me guess, 2 years and 3 months? And you log onto the internet and know it all. Figures.
    Last edited by iQon; 07-24-11 at 10:43 AM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    kahn looked great tonight.... its time for mayweather...

it would be a hell of a show if they hold it in the uk
    Khan did his thing, but he has zero chance against Floyd. He'd be in way over his head at 147 and lose every single round.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

You're not too bright, are you? If I had money on the Over, why would I care if the ref tried prolonging the fight?

The canvas wasn't even wet you buffoon. His knee gave up. That happens when your ACL goes to shit on you in the middle of a fight.

If the canvas is wet, don't you think... IDK, radical idea here --- the ref would simply have it dried off?

Show me another ref that gets pissed off by a fighter slipping for no reason (flop excluded) and gives them pep talks. Show me a licensed commission that trains their refs to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D5XMnu25ZFKg

"Nice Foreman, nice!"

"Come on champ, suck it up"

"AH SHIT! ****!"

Kinda sad, I've seen the fight once, picked this up, and could remember it. But you couldn't. The way you look at fights shows how long you've watched the sport. Let me guess, 2 years and 3 months? And you log onto the internet and know it all. Figures.

might want to watch the fight again.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/o...59658&srvc=rss

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Yuri Foreman made us proud that night against Cotto....Yuri and Salita are both heroes!

iQon

@ 1:45
    Reporter: Yuri, what exactly cause the slip?
    Yuri Foreman: Side to side movement.
    Reporter: Was there water on the canvas?
    Yuri: No, I don't think so.

This guy is a boxscore watcher.
    Read the AP report, regurgitate the journalists' perspective as 100% gospel, and act like my brain can comprehend what my eyes saw in a fight-speaker.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I'm calling a fourth round stoppage later tonight.

Amir Khan by KO.

nice call Lou

very close