NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

People in the USA get money from the government to have a nicer slum. Otherwise it would be the same.
    Yeah you are right emily...the reason that sh*t hole down by that river is so bad is due to a lack of government assistance...

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

We pay every single thing we can with AMEX. Literally 99% of our purchases are done with this card. Gas, groceries, even something as small as an ice cream. It offers tremendous protection for all your purchases and security needs, and has the absolute best rewards program. With their Centurion (Black Card) program, you can literally pay for anything with your reward points. Simply buy what you want, tell them you want to redeem points, and they credit your account for the full amount.

The nice thing about Amex is it must be paid in full every month, so there is no carrying a balance. In turn, there are no interest charges to accumulate. Good program.
    Points Awarded:

nosniboR11 gave opie1988 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

the worst part is....most of our culture is brainwashed by the television...girls watch the kardashians and idolize them...they think they have to have the newest bag...or a pair of loboutin shoes....and a rich guy......girls think they arent loved unless their dad buys them a new bmw coupe like the fathers on sweet 16.....its just a vicious cycle....they have us distracted from whats really going on and how most of the population is getting ****** over

im not rich...far from it...but im ok...i have several cards...a 785 credit score....about 3k in outstanding CC debt which stems from redoing a rental property.....my girls works part time....i have pats season tix...we go to sox games....we eat out all weekend basically........its sad to watch how some people spend money though...one day i aspire to have a black amex like opie
    Last edited by bobby heenan; 07-21-11 at 01:51 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Credit is what has replaced cash in the economic system of this nation. Most Americans, including the government, depends on credit. Every since this nationwnet off the "silver" standard, money has become basically worthless. The only difference is that unlike the government, the American Citizens just cannot print up more money if they need it.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I know people that use AMEX only and pay the balance every month for their point system that make out like bandits.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I had to get my work v.isa for overseas employment a few months ago. I went to pay the $140 fee and it turns out they only accept c.reditc.ards. I walked up to the lady and waved $140 cash right in her face she said it was no good. So I had to leave, apply for a CC, wait 2 weeks then pick up my damn v.isa and pay with my...V.isa... Next I go to buy my airplane ticket. Same deal, no cash, only c.reditc.ards. Then of course the one time I have fewer than $10 in my wallet I eat at a restaurant that accepts cash only. ::facepalm:: CC no good.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

cash only here....never had a CC in my life

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I know people that use AMEX only and pay the balance every month for their point system that make out like bandits.
    That's the way to do it, really the only way.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Correct use of credit is no problem - pay it off before the % is added or within the proper % of the limit if need be for those who might need it for tires/emergency travel or kids clothes or supplies. But unfortunately too many people got the easy credit in recent years and used it up like cash to buy luxuries they couldn't afford (iPhones, shoes, watches) in order to impress strangers on the street but then had to come home and eat pork & beans or split a Subway with their family since they didn't have anything left for food.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    They got us all by the balls. I have sworn off credit now, rather live with a few less luxieries than getting buried in again. Still have some thousands in debt left to pay off but took a long time to unbury unmanageable amounts from what I did in my youth.
    Did you sign up for the free t shirts as well then max out your cards limit at the track? I did, didn't and learned. Thank God that was almost 20 years ago.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!

opie

the article is about the AVERAGE american

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    opie

the article is about the AVERAGE american
    Shit must be really bad for you then.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    That's what I do. Points pay for a first class vacation each year. I put everything on the card - i try to talk the babysitter into taking credit haha

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I overheard a conversation last night about a guy wanting to claim bankruptcy for a 100k.... What the hell is wrong with some people???? What is that going to do for you... Then another guy said he did it for 25k, I couldn't imagine this...... at least be 500 to 1mil in if your going to do that......25k??? Unreal
    I know ppl that have done it for as little as 10k. Some ppl just dont care...

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

The US has a false economy that is based on credit. Look at what happened with the housing market. When Joe Schmoe working at McDonald's couldn't make his mortgage payment on his $300,000 house, he had to default. Multiply Joe Schmoe by about 20 million, and this is what you had happening all over America.

Look at what happens to nations that are supported by debt. Everyone knows what happened in Greece, right? Americans, do you know that your government is taking away your future social security benefits away from you as I write this?

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Every other person in this country is completely buried.

louis.ana
    louis.ana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

credit-cards are for suckers.. always been the case

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I know ppl that have done it for as little as 10k. Some ppl just dont care...
    Some people have no choice, also.
    How they get the money to FILE for bankruptcy is even more impressive.
    If you can file with only 10k debt, then your math skills are really bad.
    I figure it depends state to state - but in NV, it costs you a DICKLOAD to file with a b.s. attorney that just wants to collect, not help you out.

Bankruptcy really varies all over, it can get really expensive, and also, if you have a crap lawyer, you're gonna end up paying at least a quarter on the dollar anyway. NV is LOADED with these types... Collect fees, file, don't fight for your clients, client ends up paying to lose future money.

I shoulda went to law school. Lawyers are making dickloads on doing 0 in especially the Vegas area.
    Not saying the people are responsible - they got there being f'n dumb. What's worse, though, is when being dumb leads to MORE dumb due to an army of crap legal representation. Word travels fast out here in Vegas.. Just sayin, if you can pass the bar, you can make a dickload of coin.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Some people have no choice, also.
    How they get the money to FILE for bankruptcy is even more impressive.
    If you can file with only 10k debt, then your math skills are really bad.
    I figure it depends state to state - but in NV, it costs you a DICKLOAD to file with a b.s. attorney that just wants to collect, not help you out.
    Normally when people file a chapt. 13 bankruptcy they include their home mortgage debt to stop a foreclosure. What attorneys do is tell them not to pay their mortgage for a few months and this frees up funds to pay for the 2-3k in attorney fees. If there is no mortgage the majority of the time the consumer is filing a chapt.7, which is a much cheaper and less complicated form of consumer bankruptcy.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Shit must be really bad for you then.
    why do you post on this site swinging your tiny weenie around like you some major player

you are a barreled in two bit shill living in COLUMBIA, this biggest shit hole on earth, even the fukin peasants flee there , angelina jolie has to travel there to feed the locals

you must seem like a god to the losers there having internet and all, talk to me when you can afford to live in a civilized country

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    why do you post on this site swinging your tiny weenie around like you some major player

you are a barreled in two bit shill living in COLUMBIA, this biggest shit hole on earth, even the fukin peasants flee there , angelina jolie has to travel there to feed the locals

you must seem like a god to the losers there having internet and all, talk to me when you can afford to live in a civilized country
    Still a jealous, uniformed retard.

Columbia is in south carolina.

Colombia is one of the fastest growing countries on earth. Bogota and Medellin are world class cities today with booming economies. The rest of Colombia is an incredibly beautiful country full of mountains, beaches, and jungles.

We just got back from Rio, another city doing quite well. Quite expensive these days though. USA is the third world now.

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

everyone should use the cc and pay the balance at the end of the month. no need to carry loads of cash on u all the time

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Your girl has a nice body..........you need to show her some respect and drop about 30 pounds.

BTW.......USA is perfect....like heaven on earth when compared to Columbia.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Your girl has a nice body..........you need to show her some respect and drop about 30 pounds.

sure. iŽd weigh 140 if i dropped 30lbs.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    sure. iŽd weigh 140 if i dropped 30lbs.

She is sorta grabbing your gut like a big tit in hat last pic buddy.......it's a sign

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

I'm sure your in tip top shape. Why don't you post a picture of yourself?

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Except, like mentioned above, Columbia is in the US.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

The US is the Titanic. It's going to go down as the biggest shipwreck of all time.

Just like the Titanic drowned in water, the US is on the path to drown itself in debt.

Typical American rebuttal: USA! USA! USA!

First 12