Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Apple Reports Record-Breaking Q3 2011: $7.31 Billion Profit on $28.57 Billion in Rev

Apple today announced financial results for the second calendar quarter and third fiscal quarter of 2011. For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $28.57 billion and net quarterly profit of $7.31 billion, or $7.79 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $15.7 billion and net quarterly profit of $3.25 billion, or $3.51 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 41.7 percent, compared to 39.1 percent in the year-ago quarter, and international sales accounted for 62 percent of the quarter's revenue. Apple's quarterly profit and revenue were both company records.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Wow makes the oil companies profit margin look like a lemonade stand. Might be time to shift some equities around.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

I don't think I'll buy an Apple product in my lifetime.

Where do they find all these suckers?

falconticket

Kids buy em. Its a fad and jobs will be gone soon. Sell now or you may regret. Ipad sucks anyway compared to all the followers products. Android etc. Get out while the gettins good.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

The main problem i have with apple is that it does seem liek a fad company. As long as they drop new gadgets, they will have a cult following who will buy it. But as far as i know, they dont acquire other companys so they will always need to put out new stuff.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    The main problem i have with apple is that it does seem liek a fad company. As long as they drop new gadgets, they will have a cult following who will buy it. But as far as i know, they dont acquire other companys so they will always need to put out new stuff.
    Yep.
    If you know ANYTHING about phones or mp3 players, you know your'e paying 100+$ just for the name brand.
    I just remember, when I worked in the gaming/tech media a long ways back, Apple was putting out one of their NEW desktops and the PR person said the following: "it has 32 megs of RAM, people, 32...megs... of... RAM."

Meanwhile, even Dell wasn't offering 32 MBs of RAM on most machines they sold (aside from laptops).
    Apple reminds me of America, right now. As long as you PR the crap enough, people will buy it. This includes politics, bien sur.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

I thought nobody had any money to spend anymore. Who is buying this shit?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Yet jj couldn't get one. Oh the humanity!

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Yet jj couldn't get one. Oh the humanity!

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    Apple has enough cash reserves to buy Facebook. Apple often gets hammered for having so much in cash reserves, it was suggested that they should buy Facebook

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Their products are great. The service you get from Apple through the phone, web or at an Apple store is the best in the business. My itouch had a problem and they gave ne a brand new one. They showed me how to burn movies on my Mac without a snag. They replaced my dad's ipad2 when the display was too dark. I'll be loyal to Apple for a long time. Great products, great customer service and continually improving.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I don't think I'll buy an Apple product in my lifetime. Where do they find all these suckers?
    it looks like it's coming from international customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Apple has enough cash reserves to buy Facebook. Apple often gets hammered for having so much in cash reserves, it was suggested that they should buy Facebook
    Only a ******* idiot would buy facebook. They have zero equity. All Speculation like fagspace.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post

Quick. Somebody let the government know, so they can confiscate it. We can't let this company have money laying around, when Washington can give it away.
    Last edited by Mr KLC; 07-20-11 at 06:10 AM.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

This is more than big oil. Where's the outrage Apple isn't taxed enough?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    I thought nobody had any money to spend anymore. Who is buying this shit?
    Majority of Iphones are bought on contract so most people can find the change to get one, rest probably on credit and some people sell their kidneys to get one.....

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

I am amazed by the revenue. That is oil company level. Just under 100 bucks for every man woman and child in the US or just under 5 bucks for every person in the world. In a quarter!!! Incredible

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Everyone has had the same doubts about apple listed here since they hit the market again many years ago.

And they havent faltered at all.

This does show you how high there margins are on all their products.

And facebook has tons of value. It is one one of the few that is probably worth their valuation. They have worked their way into soo much they are no longer a fad, they are a major part of society.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

http://www.cracked.com/article_18377...red-apple.html

5 Reasons you should be Scared of Apple

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Awesome, now a large chunk of that money will be trickled down to us in the form of pay raises and jobs...

right?

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

This is the problem with overcapitalized businesses. It is literally impossible for Apple to put all that money into productive investments, which means its inevitable that some of it will be wasted. Either they'll pollute the market with failed products (Microsoft Bob, anyone?) or engage in monopolistic practices. For example: Apple is on the verge of getting HTC phones banned from the US for patent infringement. In addition, Apple is planning to wildly overpay for Nortel Networks' patent portfolio just to keep them out of Google's hands.

falconticket

This is a travesty. Our reps in Washington should go after big apple. Forget big oil. Stick it to em fellows.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdiggity11 View Post
    Awesome, now a large chunk of that money will be trickled down to us in the form of pay raises and jobs...

right?

I could see you working at the 'Genius Bar'