cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Reading this board screws with your head

If you agree, disagree, or are indifferent to people's picks it doesn't matter!!

When you're deciding your plays what you read here will effect you at least sub-consciously.

Somewhere in your head there will be a small sub-conscious (or a conscious thought)..."That good capper made this pick I should give it more consideration" or "That awful capper made this pick I should I should lay off or fade".

Reading this board screws with your head whether you know it or not.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

It means nothing to me what someone else picks on here.. One Life Crew!! Clevo hardcore!

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

The only way to win is develop a mathematically profitable model and stick to it, taking emotion and opinion out of the equation.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Eh, it doesn't really matter me what people say on here. On covers.com under there free picks if they give a good capper's pick for free that day, I might take a second thought, but really what mind ***** me is covers.com trends. It has ****** me hard the last two days esp.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    The only way to win is develop a mathematically profitable model and stick to it, taking emotion and opinion out of the equation.
    You don't believe in intuition, ESP, psychics, remote viewing, etc.? Every government in the world takes that stuff seriously for a reason, those things are real and they can help predict things.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Eh, it doesn't really matter me what people say on here. On covers.com under there free picks if they give a good capper's pick for free that day, I might take a second thought, but really what mind ***** me is covers.com trends. It has ****** me hard the last two days esp.
    You have to really analyze your sub-conscious thoughts to know if it's effecting you or not.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    You don't believe in intuition, ESP, psychics, remote viewing, etc.? Every government in the world takes that stuff seriously for a reason, those things are real and they can help predict things.
    Interesting point. Governments are not the litmus test for reason though. I think there is a big difference though between trying to predict the future of a set of a bunch of random events (games) and interpreting or manipulating events that have already happened.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

ur a weak minded fuk

i wish i was ur bookie son

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    ur a weak minded fuk

i wish i was ur bookie son
    Who me?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been saying this for over a year now. The more your on sbr forum, the more you will lose.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

You have to really analyze your sub-conscious thoughts to know if it's effecting you or not.

Maybe, but honestly, I never really go to a threads on here for advice. Most of the time I just am like Good Luck with that pick, it doesn't really effect my mindset. If i like it i like it, if i disagree with it i disagree with it.

But who knows, I did pick atlanta +1.5 after reading the atlanta sports book thread.
    But it I was looking at it, before hand it only confirmed my thoughts.

Again, I only gamble for 'fun'. For entertainment as a vice. I don't want to develop some weird mathematical algorithms for it. To me it would lose some of the risk factor, and it wouldn't make it a big vice anymore. It would make it more of an 'investment' which is zzzz.

I know a lot of you are here, to make money, I am here just to win money and have a good time. Which maybe I am not as serious as a gambler as you guys but I still enjoy looking up statistical analysis and enjoy trying to pick games, even if they are squares to some.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Interesting point. Governments are not the litmus test for reason though. I think there is a big difference though between trying to predict the future of a set of a bunch of random events (games) and interpreting or manipulating events that have already happened.
    I believe quantum physics has proven that there is no such thing as randomness, it's just a myth that humans have about how the world works. If you bet on the NBA you know there are games when "they bring their A game" and games when "they don't show up" and that's openly admitted, nothing random about that kind of stuff and intuition can lead you to when they're going to try or not, you can mostly measure intent (will they really try to win this game or just phone it in) with intuition/esp etc.

Maybe it's good that not too many people know about that.

TheCentaur

I think esp or intuition about a game is akin to dice control in craps. People swear its real and scream how good they are at it but they are usually just selling you something.

TheCentaur

I believe quantum physics has proven that there is no such thing as randomness,
    Let me rephrase then, unpredictable by a human being

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm going to bet more square baseball plays like texas rangers, sf giants. i cannot tell if the poor teams will win.