dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Draftstreet-- You guys are doing well. This was a great market to get into especially right now. One thing that has to be changed for the future ASAP-- the rake fees for all matchups MUST be lowered. I mean every H2H draft is costing each player about -120. So much luck involved in baseball this has to happen soon. Same thing happened in poker sites. Nobody in their right mind would keep playing HU sngs if they had to pay 55+5 for each one. That is why poker cut them in half to 55+2.50 and 105+5. I mean really what you're charging for a $5 H2H draft is ridiculous. $4.50 + .50 LOL that's insane. I do understand that you have 200+15 which is better for higher limit players but still even that is much too high.

I really love your concept and website and it is really fun to play, but that is something almost everyone will agree on that needs to be fixed. You guys have a great opportunity to make a ton of money because obviously people will flock to the best fantasy site out there. If you step up and do this, it will pay off for sure.

Draftstreet.com
    Draftstreet.com's Avatar Become A Pro!

dtp - Thanks for the compliments, honest feedback, and suggestions. Rake is something that is on our minds every step of the way, and something we would like to lower as soon as we can. Right now we are spending considerable money on developers, STATS, Inc., and marketing to try to perfect our product and to grow the userbase as quickly as possible. You have to remember this is not poker - we can't have guys playing for 24 straight hours or longer like poker could count on - and the daily fantasy sports industry is still very young relative to online poker.

As the life cycle progresses, things will change, and they will change in the ways you suggest. We need to build a sustainable business model that can show profitability and growth, and then we can move forward in the maturation process.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Quote Originally Posted by Draftstreet.com View Post
    Sure, glad to help.

**If anyone is playing tonight make sure to note that if a game is PPD then you won't receive any points and cannot replace that player after the scoring period starts. This is a huge drag on daily fantasy that we're trying to develop a fix for, but until then it's prudent to take a safe approach to this so keep an eye on SEA/NYY, KC/BOS, and PIT/ATL.
    I was also thinking about this because i had players in these games and then i thought wow if the games are rained out i am out players so i would have to hope that my opponents also had players in those games to offset this. So maybe there's some kind of handicap way of offsetting this because why should a player get penalized when the weather is the problem. Just losing one player is enough to lose the whole thing.

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    I was also thinking about this because i had players in these games and then i thought wow if the games are rained out i am out players so i would have to hope that my opponents also had players in those games to offset this. So maybe there's some kind of handicap way of offsetting this because why should a player get penalized when the weather is the problem. Just losing one player is enough to lose the whole thing.
    Weather is brutal. Fortunately it's less of a concern right now, but this April/May had the most cancellations in the past 25 years. The issue is figuring out a workaround that is fair, and doesn't unnecessarily complicate the process. We want picking your team to be simple. For now weather is another element of strategy, just like ballpark factors and pitcher vs. batter splits.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Hey DS, is the SBR league up and available yet?

Thanks.

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Hey DS, is the SBR league up and available yet? Thanks.
    It's not yet - we'll have it ready shortly though. Look out for a new thread.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

First cash game tonight $11 daily 150 player league. GEtummm.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The SBR Contest was created by the guys at Draftstreet today! You need to enter the Free $250 Contest using the provided link, then start selecting your team for this Friday.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this sites really really fun. im going to lose today because verlander is dominating so hard but its a lot of fun if you havent tried it. 3-6 person tournaments. ones where you actually have a chance without havin to suck on lady lucks teet. (275-people tourns)

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

draftstreet, you should let users create free tournaments or a limited amount of free ones at least. then we could play for betpoints. as it is now- you can only create them for 5$ and up.

spud58
    spud58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

im gonna try it out

PatrickBateman
    PatrickBateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anymore contests for SBR members? I just missed this last one

Draftstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Anymore contests for SBR members? I just missed this last one
    For sure, we're working on one for the opening week of the football season.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

can u stop underage kids from playing there and living in your chat box 24 hours a day with people ganging up on others and then paypaling eachother back

First 1234