vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Has gambling ruined your social life?

Yes for me
    Last edited by vyomguy; 07-18-11 at 07:24 PM.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

vyommer u fuk, i wont read this shit but just get out u fuk, its that simple no need for anything else just do it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I really never had one..I was always my own best friend
    Yes gambling does promote anti social behavior
    Keeps you inside more also
    Many of us choose this lifestyle though

I love it and the boys at sbr that are just like me
    we have a bond

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quit while your ahead, you WILL eventually lose it all unless you arb or your Billy walters

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6423

You make 3x your salary gambling huh? Sure you do

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

It is a nice distraction from the lonely miserable life most of us live. We are outcasts not accepted by normal society - at least now we have an excuse for it.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Not at all, I am in a very social field and gamble at the same time.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

HEY ILLINI DOES YOUR RABBI KNOW YOUR A COMPULSIVE GAMBLER HE MIGHT WANT YOU TO DONATE A COUPLE OF MORE DOLLARS TO THE TEMPLE IF YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK.

I COULD HEAR THE RABBI NOW MAN THIS WOULD BE FUNNY HEY ILLINI HOW ABOUT A DONATION TO THE TEMPLE YOU CHEAP JEW OH MAN THOSE RABBIS DONT HOLD BACK DO THEY ILLINI

SHALOM

vyomguy

Last edited by vyomguy; 07-18-11 at 07:38 PM.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

........... where do these guys even come up with these stories.
    Congrats guy, you're a real hot shot.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

It very well can.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

No where close to where drinking has gotten me.... great social life shitty life.

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Ask bookmaker guy...they will let you know But thats not the point of this thread you fuk....the point is how we are all wasting our time in gambling instead of living our lives to the fullest. We have become anti-social as jjgold suggested.
    Please dont act like you could provide truth to this nice lil internet life you created for yourself.
    As Illini suggested above I would hope that most can find a happy medium between work \ family \ gambling.
    If you have the life you suggest above and cant find a nice middle ground for gambling than you must have some deep rooted mental issues. Maybe go see a shrink.

flyingillini

Baruch HaShem Beantown!
    I am actually meeting my new Rabbi this Friday. I already give my Synagogue $2,500 a year, not getting any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    HEY ILLINI DOES YOUR RABBI KNOW YOUR A COMPULSIVE GAMBLER HE MIGHT WANT YOU TO DONATE A COUPLE OF MORE DOLLARS TO THE TEMPLE IF YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK.

I COULD HEAR THE RABBI NOW MAN THIS WOULD BE FUNNY HEY ILLINI HOW ABOUT A DONATION TO THE TEMPLE YOU CHEAP JEW OH MAN THOSE RABBIS DONT HOLD BACK DO THEY ILLINI

SHALOM

flyingillini

Beantown, the social group I go to here in SF is all older Jews and they all gamble or used to.

vyomguy

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

document ur plays by posting and i'll judge u whether u win...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

you make 400k a year at bookmaker and you work?

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I never liked people much to start with so it was an easy transition into gambling.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onetrickpony

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Not really, I still place bets I just go out, and I come home and check the scores. Some of my friends give me shit for gambling so much but they understand it helps me relieve my stress. Considering I am disabled I can't just go out all night every night, most nights my pain in my back, and legs prevent me. So basically gambling on sports is my only form of entertainment I have. When i was in the hospital for 6 weeks, on strict bed rest, gambling on sports, and netflix watch instantly were the only thing that kept me sane.

One time my ex boy friend for whatever reason hated that I gambled, and basically told me if I didn't stop that he didn't want to date anymore. I thought about it, he was hot and everything, but I told him its a big part of my life. Long story short, he left and broke up, got back together, broke up, and he died two years later of cancer.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Not really, I still place bets I just go out, and I come home and check the scores. Some of my friends give me shit for gambling so much but they understand it helps me relieve my stress. Considering I am disabled I can't just go out all night every night, most nights my pain in my back, and legs prevent me. So basically gambling on sports is my only form of entertainment I have. When i was in the hospital for 6 weeks, on strict bed rest, gambling on sports, and netflix watch instantly were the only thing that kept me sane.

One time my ex boy friend for whatever reason hated that I gambled, and basically told me if I didn't stop that he didn't want to date anymore. I thought about it, he was hot and everything, but I told him its a big part of my life. Long story short, he left and broke up, got back together, broke up, and he died two years later of cancer.

Jeezuz your like a walking meatball of doom

FishFace5

You are talking about a minority percentage who can balance all aspects well. Illini is an exception. Most gamblers (more then 90% of them) cant balance all aspects. Do you think most posters here have a social life? we are in forums on friday night, saturday night sweating out games in the over-time innings. Wake up guy.
    I dont think I'm willing to group 90% of posters into the degen group.
    Certainly we have a strong degenerate and proud clique in PT but I think some of that is exaggerated and some of it is a demographic of under 25 years of age.
    By your late 20's you should have things more or less figured out. If an individual is as successful as you claim to be you should be smart enough to know where to draw the line.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1425

if you make good money at gambling ,you should have a great social life money buy you everthing ,,,girl ,,fun ,,,travel,,,etc wtf you talking about

FishFace5

Ask bookmaker guy...they will let you know But thats not the point of this thread you fuk....the point is how we are all wasting our time in gambling instead of living our lives to the fullest. We have become anti-social as jjgold suggested.
    ......What kind of selfish bastard rakes in around a half a million bux a year and takes the time to post regularly at a gambling forum but cant share his plays with others?????
    maybe think about this when trying to figure out where your issues lie.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15224

Yes, were all like JJ

Shut in's with no life other than gambling.

vyomguy

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Fish has missed the point of your post but you continued to bring up the fact that your a "top 5%, make 3x yadayada" that kind of put a /facepalm spin on the point you were trying to get across. I could be way off here...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I really never had one..I was always my own best friend
    Yes gambling does promote anti social behavior
    Keeps you inside more also
    Many of us choose this lifestyle though

I love it and the boys at sbr that are just like me
    we have a bond

I felt really good about myself...until I read that I have a "bond" with jj...damn

vyomguy

Wish the sbr tv was working. A great video from nicky

http://video.sbrforum.com/video-3164-gambling.html

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Anyone who chooses to spend time around non-SBR members is the real loser here, boys.

As I've said many times, everything one requires to be happy in life can be found right here in the chit-chat room.

Immerse yourself 100% into the chit-chat room, and watch all your wildest dreams come true, boys. It's all right here waiting for you.

SBR is everything....and everything is SBR. Come into the light.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I don't think Fish has missed the point of your post but you continued to bring up the fact that your a "top 5%, make 3x yadayada" that kind of put a /facepalm spin on the point you were trying to get across. I could be way off here...

....... and to the OP's RX reference. How come you can contribute over there but just troll around here and preach about what a hot shot you are.

vyomguy

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Anyone who chooses to spend time around non-SBR members is the real loser here, boys. As I've said many times, everything one requires to be happy in life can be found right here in the chit-chat room. Immerse yourself 100% into the chit-chat room, and watch all your wildest dreams come true, boys. It's all right here waiting for you. SBR is everything....and everything is SBR. Come into the light.
    jjgold bribed you with Poster of the Month award

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

jjgold bribed you with Poster of the Month award

I'll say this.....Vyomguy has probably given away as many points as anyone on SBR. (except for Noser. Nos is SBR's most generous poster)

Thanks for spreading the goodwill, Vyomguy!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

vyomguy

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I know what you mean, vyomguy! I sometimes stay home and watch the game I am betting on while all my friends are going out having a good time and taking pictures and meeting new people.
    But if I go with them, I'm stuck to my cell phone watching the updated scores and if my play looks like it's not cashing, I'm grumpy to my friends for the rest of the night.

12 Last