Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Let's Put and END to the Beaver match US and Japan..

Ok, lets just put an end to this.

1. Japan was NOT LUCKY to win the game. It's your job to put the ball behind the net. US pulled their shots ALL GAME and hit cross bars.. It evidently showed on PK, with that moron pulling that ball and not getting that ball even close to the net.

2. The difference between US and Japan is that Japan knows how to play with poise and remain calm under pressure..

3. For all the people whining, you're the moron that took the bet on the US because of your so called "pride" No one forced you to take such a BAD LINE. If you know anything about beaver soccer, then the first flag you should know is that US was the last to qualify to the WC. They had their run and it ran out.

4. Japan should've won this 2-1 in regular time as they got robbed in the second half on a MONSTER BREAK AWAY.

THAT WAS NOT offsides, and was pretty much the biggest and the worst call in the game..

I can't find a single reason why people are saying US was unlucky to lose or complain about their bet..

So stop your bi*ching about being unlucky.

IT WAS The Japan's Soccer team with SKILLS and POISE that won them the game, not the US's "bad luck"

AND NO I DID NOT BET ON JAPAN

I HAD THE OVER 1.5 2nd HALF

THAT'S ALL
    Last edited by Monitor-Tan; 07-17-11 at 05:44 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Never fu-ckin heard of ya pal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We choked period

Our Goalie blew it

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Never fu-ckin heard of ya pal.
    cool story brah, and thas supposed to mean something.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    cool story brah, and thas supposed to mean something.

No...it just means he never fukkin heard of ya pal

Monitor-Tan

Ah ic, so a meaningless post then.

swiss88
    swiss88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We choked period

Our Goalie blew it
    yep! USA should have won this game easily with all their opportunities. And it looked like the US girls never attempted a penalty kick in their life (except Wambach) that was painful to watch..

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Sunday bloody Sunday...

A la Bono.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I won money on the draw line so my opinion doesn't have anything to do with a winning or losing bet. However besides the final score this was a match which was dominated by the US. I am not sure how you can say japan should have won 2-1. If the US would have made 1/10th of the shots on goal they had it's a landside victory. Instead they hit the goal post/crossbar 500 times. I am not taking anything away from japan but the US was very unlucky, dominated the match, and served it up on a silver platter. There is a reason the US was 3-0 against japan this year. They are the better team and would beat them 9 out of 10 times. This was the 1 out of 10.

Monitor-Tan

If the ball hits the post, it hits the post, people think if the ball goes like 2 inches one way it would go in..

But the other way holds true too.. If the ball goes 2 inches the other way, it would've completely missed..

What i'm saying is, if people can say you were "unluck to hit the post"

You can easily say, you were lucky to hit the post, cuz you could've missed the completely.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The better country won today

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Apparently you don't believe that luck plays a factor in sports, how wrong you are.

the U.S. played with poise and remained calm under pressure in the brazil game too, today they were just UNLUCKY that it didn't go their way.

Monitor-Tan

Well clearly, relying on luck for team US paid off today..

Monitor-Tan

and secondly i never said that, I am talking about THIS specific game.

US didn't have bad luck, BAD LUCK wasn't the reason why they lost

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I see your point but I disagree with your assessment of luck, I definitely think luck plays a role in every single sports victory and every single sports defeat. You're right and I'm also right, we're both right. Skill and luck both play a role.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Let's just put AN end to it

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

US outplayed the japs for 100+ 0f the 120 minutes in this game. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Any one who claims otherwise did not watch the same game the rest of the world did. when you play better 4/5's of the match you are "unlucky" not to come away with the victory. This is sports though and the japs are champs plain and simple so really what does it matter at this point?

Monitor-Tan

couldn't disagree more.. If you do outplay your opponent 4/5 games and you lose, it's called not being able to finish, not being unlucky.

Japan also owned time of possession..

Rewatch the game please..

Yes US dominated the first better part of the game, but Japan put on their own show the second half and more

Japan's time of possession clearly shows that..

US didn't dominated 4/5 games
    53% Time of Possession 47%

It only seemed that way because of missed opportunities

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    US outplayed the japs for 100+ 0f the 120 minutes in this game. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Any one who claims otherwise did not watch the same game the rest of the world did. when you play better 4/5's of the match you are "unlucky" not to come away with the victory. This is sports though and the japs are champs plain and simple so really what does it matter at this point?

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

First goal was a gift from US bad defensive play gone terribly wrong second also lapse in defense. Japan did nothing special, fancy or even well. The one thing they did was took advantage of the few mistakes in crtical moments and ended up with the win. Good for them but you are being aburd if you are saying "the better team won" as the US was by far the better side today from 20 seconds in all the way until the start of PK's when they folded. Not sure why this is so important to you and the fact is neither one of us will yield our perspective so no point on carrying on but only a very few people, you being one, are making the ridiclous claim that Japan was the best team on the pitch this afternoon. And for the record I did not have a cent on the game in any form.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The team with the better goalie won.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The team with the better goalie won.
    how were either of the goals Solo's fault? it was USA's shitty defense on both of them.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Holy shit the need for attention on this site is unbelievable.
    The OP's write-up as to why Japan was the better team was brainless.
    Also need to take a shot at JJ and Pavy for calling out the goalie...... (a couple of veteran attention whores)
    Neither one of Japans goals were even close to the fault of Hope Solo

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    how were either of the goals Solo's fault? it was USA's shitty defense on both of them.
    Well the Japanese goalie saved 3-4 sure goals as well as 3 penalties. What did Solo do?

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Well the Japanese goalie saved 3-4 sure goals as well as 3 penalties. What did Solo do?
    the first save by Japan was incredible, with the leg, falling opposite from the ball... good stuff

eldoctord
    eldoctord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The US team was bigger, faster, stronger, and better.....however their overconfidence, arrogance, and sense of entitlement proved to be a better opponent that Japan. Japan could have gone 90 minutes without a shot on goal! But it was obvious that the team knew that once they scored the game was over....TWICE!!! Congratulations Japan on a great effort and a great win for your country. The US took another step backwards in World Soccer today with the whole Country watching (incl. the president). What a waste of a great opportunity for Women's Soccer and the USA!

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

^^
    2 of those 3 penalties were shanks that didnt even hit the goal. Not sure if you wanna give her credit for "saves"