nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chael Sonnen Interview

guy is ******* hilarious. I usually hate guys like this(guy is a conservative and comes off as a complete douchebag), but guy is just too funny and entertaining for me to dislike him. He's probably my second favorite fighter after Jon Jones. Looking forward to his next fight against Brian Stann at UFC 136. Guy is blasting everybody and everything in this interview. Hilarious story about Nogueira brothers, carrot, and a bus @ the 11 minute mark

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Already been posted dude

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Saw this already. He's hilarious and I hope he kicks some azz soon.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

He's a nobody...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Didn't he just comeback from a juice suspension? He's pretty much a nothing

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Didn't he just comeback from a juice suspension? He's pretty much a nothing
    Yes, but he "juiced" properly and by the rules set by the athletic commission. Sonnen's high testosterone levels were accepted as part of HRT prior to the fight. Under the current rules set by the commission Sonnen did nothing wrong surprisingly. They need to do what Sonnen said in the video and just take the rule out so no one can use HRT and compete.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

sonnen will beat stan.should be an easy fight for him

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post

Yes, but he "juiced" properly and by the rules set by the athletic commission. Sonnen's high testosterone levels were accepted as part of HRT prior to the fight. Under the current rules set by the commission Sonnen did nothing wrong surprisingly. They need to do what Sonnen said in the video and just take the rule out so no one can use HRT and compete.
    Juiced properly my ass. Cheating is cheating and it shouldn't be allowed in the UFC. Anyone getting HRT is full of shit. No one actually needing HRT would want to be a mixed martial artist.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah the problem is there are too many ways to legally get steroids, until the laws change, athletes can't be held responsible.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    yeah the problem is there are too many ways to legally get steroids, until the laws change, athletes can't be held responsible.
    I agree with jin2daj.

What fighters do is ridiculous, but completely understandable. Think of it like this, what if you were a fighter and you knew a way that would give you enough of an edge to dominate your division while still following all rules set by commissions and laws. Would you do it and make $500,000 a fight or would you be fine making $20,000 a fight and maybe having a chance one day to be the best? With option 2 there is no guarantee the fighters stepping in front of you wont take option 1 and have an edge on you. It sucks that there are no rules on this matter at the moment, but Sonnen himself said that if HRT was a problem the rules should be changed to not allow it. Until that happens it's hard not to do something that will give you an edge at your job, when having an edge makes you significantly more money.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

He never hid anything...

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

lol @ the dramatization.

You're telling me, all I need to "dominate a division" in the UFC... Is take steroids?

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    lol @ the dramatization.

You're telling me, all I need to "dominate a division" in the UFC... Is take steroids?
    Obviously not...

I'm talking about Sonnen specifically. If Sonnen continued this "HRT" and learned some submission defense he would be unstoppable. Steroids isn't all you need, but obviously they give you a huge edge.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

This guy is a delusional bum. He says that Silva wrapped his legs around him on the ground but Sonnen is a wrestler who make Silva fight him on the ground. And Silva didn't have a single mark on his face but Sonnen was bleeding all over the place and tapped out.

This guy makes excuses like no other.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

alot of people dont like him but i think he is funny

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Gotta love this guy!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

He's the most interesting fighter.

I hope he is wrong about Okami defeating Silva.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I don't think Okami takes Silva unless he gets extremely lucky like Tito Ortiz did

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

This type of mania is common with bi-polars as well as borderline personalities. Though, in Chael's case it just might be all the steroids.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Chael is the undisputed #1 P4P troll in mma...

Dude's funny.

WONOFTHEGUYS
    Update your status
    WONOFTHEGUYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2233

funny

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post

That is complete horseshit. Chael got caught, and followed it up with a pisspoor attempt at trying to lie his way out of it.

1. The first thing you do is inform the athletic commission if you're planning on getting hormone replacement therapy or HRT, so you can it approved by them BEFORE the fight. HRT isn't somethng that's regularly awarded by an athletic commission. Meaning, at the very least you'll need a doctor to provide the proper documentation.

He's got to show what you're taking, what else you've tried, what didn't work, and why you can't compete without this current therapy. All of that gets forwarded to the commissions own doctors, and until they all sign off on it, an exemption isn't granted.

2. Chael started claiming HRT, AFTER he got busted. There's no documentation whatsoever in either California or Nevada for a HRT exemption with Sonnen's name on it. Zero evidence or documentation showing what he was taking, or what his testosterone levels were before the fight. Not only that, Chael only decided to inform the CSAC of his high testosterone level right before the fight when he took his piss test.

He did provide a doctor, at the appeal hearing, who stated he was on HRT, that essentially saved him from being out a year as opposed to six months.

3. This is replacement therapy, the same kind used by Randy Couture and Dan Henderson. They've reached a certain age where their bodies are producing significantly less testosterone then they were at 30. Replacement therapy essentially means they are supplementing their testosterone levels so they're back to normal. That means even on HRT, you're going to have normal range where your reading can fall into and nothing is supposed to comeback elevated.

Chael's tests returned showing he had testosterone levels four times higher than normal. He had plenty excuses why it happened, unfortunately he couldn't produce one single document to prove the legitimacy of any of them.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    He did provide a doctor, at the appeal hearing, who stated he was on HRT, that essentially saved him from being out a year as opposed to six months.
    ha And that doctor was one of the strangest dudes I've ever seen, he was a bumbling idiot, could barely string a sentence together.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha And that doctor was one of the strangest dudes I've ever seen, he was a bumbling idiot, could barely string a sentence together.

That doctor was the best part of the whole trial. Total nutjob.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Chael is the undisputed #1 P4P troll in mma... Dude's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    That is complete horseshit. Chael got caught, and followed it up with a pisspoor attempt at trying to lie his way out of it.... He had plenty excuses why it happened, unfortunately he couldn't produce one single document to prove the legitimacy of any of them.
    These pretty much sum up my thoughts. He's a great talker, has good wrestling skills, and has NEVER cared enough to learn how to defend getting subbed from top position, the Silva situation was only the most notable example of this.