jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

Bookie style office pool

I am starting an office pool for NFL season (if it even happens) where i work, Just wanted some feedback on it or any suggestions. Each participant can wager up to $1,000 a week in fake money, betting the spread, moneyline, over/under or up to a 10 team parlay. Whoever has the most "money" at the end of the season wins the pot. I was planning on using either wagerstation.com's software or gamedaypayoff.com's software to track the bets.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

great idea, I wish my office wld do something like this. Standard boring pickem style is the norm where I work

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    great idea, I wish my office wld do something like this. Standard boring pickem style is the norm where I work

Yea i thought it would be a good way to change things up.....Anyone have any feedback on it?

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

i use the standard, boring, pick-em style.

i'm interested to see what kind of software/information you come across.

will look in and share if i find anything good.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I would suggest not giving them 1,000 a week. Because if someone lost a few weeks in a row they'd be resorting to hitting a big parlay and if they did they'd jump back into first place.

Id give a bankroll for the year. Say 10,000. maximum you can bet a week is 2500. if you loose your roll your eliminated.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Unless your office is full of degerates you are going to spend so much time explaining speads, parlays, over/unders.

I tried years ago to spice it up and it was horrible, end up doing just do a straight pick em.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    I am starting an office pool for NFL season (if it even happens) where i work, Just wanted some feedback on it or any suggestions. Each participant can wager up to $1,000 a week in fake money, betting the spread, moneyline, over/under or up to a 10 team parlay. Whoever has the most "money" at the end of the season wins the pot. I was planning on using either wagerstation.com's software or gamedaypayoff.com's software to track the bets.

Easy way to lose your job Son, can be misinterpreted

Be careful

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see this going very poorly and some people there are going to think you have a gambling problem

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid trying to be cute and really is going to book

Who does he think we are?

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Unless your office is full of degerates you are going to spend so much time explaining speads, parlays, over/unders.

I tried years ago to spice it up and it was horrible, end up doing just do a straight pick em.
    Full of degenerates would be an under statement. No need to explain anything.

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kid trying to be cute and really is going to book

Who does he think we are?

what?

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    I would suggest not giving them 1,000 a week. Because if someone lost a few weeks in a row they'd be resorting to hitting a big parlay and if they did they'd jump back into first place.

Id give a bankroll for the year. Say 10,000. maximum you can bet a week is 2500. if you loose your roll your eliminated.
    That's actually part of the fun of it, someone can be down then come back on some crazy parlay

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

I would say good luck, watch out on management as sometimes they tend to look down on this.

jjaycuny

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    I would say good luck, watch out on management as sometimes they tend to look down on this.
    Appreciate the concerns, However all but 4 of the people in this pool work in law enforcement. This pool is 100% legal. Even money is being wagered with no 3rd party making money.