crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Unreal....
    the doofus also believes ben stein is a great economist cause he has a degree from columbia. the same idiot who famously proclaimed subprime mortgage crisis would blow over and encouraged people to buy homes while real economists were sounding the alarm.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    neocons hate him cause he tells the truth.

theyd rather listen to hannity and limbaugh and their manufactured lies.

The truth? Like how higher taxes in the 90s were the reason we had prosperity and lower taxes in the 00s is why we didn't??

rsnnh12

Unreal....
    See my post above... Maher is an idiot. Funny, but an idiot

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    The truth? Like how higher taxes in the 90s were the reason we had prosperity and lower taxes in the 00s is why we didn't??
    That is pretty great isn't it

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

proofs in the puddin.

rsnnh12

the doofus also believes ben stein is a great economist cause he has a degree from columbia. the same idiot who famously proclaimed subprime mortgage crisis would blow over and encouraged people to buy homes while real economists were sounding the alarm.

You sho am smart. He specifically said that subprime mortgages were a small fraction of what was out there... half of 1% to be precise. How is that wrong?

But you still think Cheney is a lying prick because he donated millions to charity, so clearly you aren't the brightest poster here

rsnnh12

proofs in the puddin.

You can't be serious.

Please explain how higher taxes created the internet/.com boom. I look forward to your response

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Reds_FAN View Post
    That is pretty great isn't it
    common sense is funny...

rsnnh12

common sense is funny...
    I'll repeat it for you too

You can't be serious. Please explain how higher taxes created the internet/.com boom. I look forward to your response

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

99 percent of Bill Mahers comment add nothing to debate, or discussion. They are just meant to inflame, and incite flame throwing back so people watch his show. The guy is a tool IMO, I like watching his show sometimes but like a lot of liberal commentators Ala keith olbermann they come off so smug, like they are right on every issue, from social issues to fincial issues to war time decisions they are right, and never ever wrong. And not only are they right but the republicans are dumbass mother fuckers who just want to destroy 99 percent of the country and give all the money to the rich. He honestly beliefs this bull shit. I don't understand why he is allowed to say such inflammatory things just because his show is on HBO. He should be held to the say standard as any other political commentator.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

I'll repeat it for you too

You can't be serious. Please explain how higher taxes created the internet/.com boom. I look forward to your response

are you saying we had money because we had new revenues from the tech boom...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

You sho am smart. He specifically said that subprime mortgages were a small fraction of what was out there... half of 1% to be precise. How is that wrong?

But you still think Cheney is a lying prick because he donated millions to charity, so clearly you aren't the brightest poster here
    he also said it would blow over and encouraged people to buy homes. spin that dumbass.

oh right, you're also the idiot who believes an internal email from an official involved in negotiating iraqi oil work with haliburton saying he did it in conjunction with the vice presidents office didnt implicate cheney.

truly a neo-nutjob.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Mayan has the least substantive posts I have ever seen on the internet.

No wit, no originality, no insight, just "..." in every single post. It is embarrassing as this is your honest best attempt at a meaningful thought.

This was also the weakest "ass tearing" I have ever seen. A factless, vanilla semi-rant. Have to be a total halfwit to be impressed by that enough to make a thread, wow.
    Points Awarded:

nosniboR11 gave Sunde91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: VegasRandy

rsnnh12

are you saying we had money because we had new revenues from the tech boom...
    What?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

You can't be serious.

Please explain how higher taxes created the internet/.com boom. I look forward to your response
    the dot com boom/bust had no significance to the economy whatsoever.

you neokooks love to claim the dot com bust cost millions of jobs and created the 2001 recession but it didnt.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Mayan has the least substantive posts I have ever seen on the internet.

No wit, no originality, no insight, just "..." in every single post. It is embarrassing as this is your honest best attempt at a meaningful thought.

This was also the weakest "ass tearing" I have ever seen. A factless, vanilla semi-rant. Have to be a total halfwit to be impressed by that enough to make a thread, wow.

I'm not here to stroke e-cocks or trying to be a "witty" poster, could care less what you punk-bitches think....

Now you just keep writing your JJgold reach-around posts... Go on now... You funny fukk..""

rsnnh12

he also said it would blow over and encouraged people to buy homes. spin that dumbass.

oh right, you're also the idiot who believes an internal email from an official involved in negotiating iraqi oil work with haliburton saying he did it in conjunction with the vice presidents office didnt implicate cheney.

truly a neo-nutjob.

More ridiculous crap from the forum liberal. Nice.

And spin what? The economy easily could have stayed afloat with the subprime bubble bursting, it just didn't work out because of a variety of factors. Is that somehow Stein's fault? And for the record, I don't think he's a genius, just smarter than liberals give him credit for

rsnnh12

you neokooks love to claim the dot com bust cost millions of jobs and created the 2001 recession but it didnt.
    You're trolling, right? You must be

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Maher is clearly telling the truth. Republicans are just in stupidity and greed denial like they always have been.

rsnnh12

The Senior Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Fran disagrees with you (as does everyone else)

http://www.frbsf.org/publications/ec...el2003-17.html

"The seeds for the subsequent drop in investment were actually sown during the boom years of the late 1990s"

"Much of the surge in business investment during the late 1990s was linked to computers and information technology. During these years, measured productivity growth picked up, inflation remained low, and the unemployment rate declined. Such observations were often cited as evidence of a permanent structural change-one that portended faster trend growth in the years ahead. Widespread belief in the so-called "new economy" caused investors to bid up stock prices to unprecedented levels relative to earnings (see Lansing 2002). It is now clear that the investment boom of the late 1990s was overdone"

You can admit you were wrong, its ok, we all can see it

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

More ridiculous crap from the forum liberal. Nice.

And spin what? The economy easily could have stayed afloat with the subprime bubble bursting, it just didn't work out because of a variety of factors. Is that somehow Stein's fault? And for the record, I don't think he's a genius, just smarter than liberals give him credit for
    hes obviously not smart as an economist since he couldnt have been more wrong.

you're clueless like he is if you believe subprime mortgage wasnt the main cause of the market crash. when you got top 5 us investment banks saddled with trillions of dollars in bad subprime loans what do you think would happen?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

You're trolling, right? You must be
    50% of dot com companies survived many years after the bust.

more people lost their jobs from 1 company (motorola) during bush's presidency than all the dot com jobs lost during dot com bust.

economy continued to grow for 4 consecutive quarters after the bust.

rsnnh12

50% of dot com companies survived many years after the bust.

more people lost their jobs from 1 company (motorola) during bush's presidency than all the dot com jobs lost during dot com bust.

economy continued to grow for 4 consecutive quarters after the bust.

You do realize that the dot com companies going down triggered a pretty big investment sell-off, right? Investments in those dot coms...

The impact was MUCH bigger than just the employees of dot coms losing their jobs

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

OP is dumb!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Maher is clearly telling the truth. Republicans are just in stupidity and greed denial like they always have been.
    Not sure, what you are trying to proof by saying this. I think a good way to show what policys work and what policies don't is looking state by state. The thing is there you have to be careful comparing them you can't compare a state like Cali to a place like North dakoata, obviously CA is going to have much more government spending on social services ect. ect.

The state I love to point out is Texas, everyone loves to hate on Texas, say people from Texas are dumb, rag on republicans from Texas. But their policies, of low taxes, have helped them recovery from this recession a lot faster then the rest of the country because business are one, moving there, not moving out. and two can hire more from the generous tax breaks.

Now saying this point, I am not one of those GOP mofos, who think taxes should not be raised on the rich. Most small businesses who care the majority of jobs in the country are not rich by any means.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Bill Maher has been doing this for as long as I can remember. I still kinda like him tho. However, what he does to Sarah Palin is unacceptable.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9195

Bill must think there was no middle class in this country until the FDR administration, and there couldn't have been a middle class in the 1800s since there wasn't an income tax and means to redistribute the wealth.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I think the point of his argument is that the Republican can give a toss about most of their voters. By making people think that jesus will get banned from this country or that someone is going to take away their jobs or someone will force them to work in a concentration camp... Yep, it's the party that's lost the plot and ignores the well being of 95% of their base with faux issues. Yep, it's the party that is in favor of not allowing workers rights. Of course if workers can't sue their employers or collectively bargain, then they can make more jobs! Wrong. The Democrats are in the pocket of the corporations and rich, also. Both parties can go f themselves. The reality is, though, now that the teabagger party was highjacked by the christian right, there's really no other party left. The crazies and 'truthers' are mauling the libertarian party, as well. Crap, they had a crooked former Republican run on their ticket last go around. They've gone off the rails.

So what Bill is saying that the lesser of 2 evils is not considered by people that are voting for a Party that has done nothing but strip away freedoms, bend over to special interest and corporations looking to rape/pillage the land, grow the government, MAUL the deficit and try to create an environment of 'too big to fail' for their donors. The typical american citizen isn't being served by either party, but one party is blatenty f'n them and playing on their ignorance and fear - and bombarding them with the greatest PR machine the world has ever seen. Bill is spot on in his argument.

Also, Maher is far more libertarian than Democrat. If the Democrats were the worst of 2 parties of f'n over the average citizen to beneift the elite, he would attack them. He is one of Obama's toughest critics, as well as the Senate (which he thinks should be abolished). You can't always paint people and use the term 'smug'. If anything, to call someone smug, you're being smug. And I'm being smug. It's a cliche'd argument about Maher. I bet if you traced it's cliche'd origin, it would be with some right wing knucklehead that is talking out of their ass. You don't think O'Reilly isn't smug? You don't think anyone in the arena isn't smug? Party affiliation/philosiphy seems to cloud that judgement.
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave McBa1n 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maher is an example of what happens to kids who are ugly and little and get picked last in gym class every day. PLEASE, you don't have to pick them first or even 2nd, but don't pick them last. The long term effects can be devastating.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Maher is an idiot. Tax-cuts for the rich in any facet are the least of our problems and even though it should be corrected it will not solve anything.

The facts are out there on which side got us in the mess and which side tried to fix it before it was too late.

Also which side countered the $60B in spending cuts with an offer of cutting $6B...

They both are full of puppets but its obvious which side is ruining this country.
    Last edited by brooks85; 07-12-11 at 09:26 AM.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

You talking about Ben Stein or Ben Bernanke?

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Everyones going off about how Maher is hateful/stupid/ridiculous but not a word about the witch sitting next to him. You know, the lady that said Jews need to be perfected, and the one who defended George Bush's SAT score of 600. Maher may be a nutjob but he pails in comparison to Coulter.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    You talking about Ben Stein or Ben Bernanke?
    ben stein.

This whole subprime mortgage mess is just an excuse for the gunslingers and river boat gamblers on Wall Street to use their tricks to move markets and make money. The economy is still very strong.

But this will all blow over and the people who buy now, in due time, will be glad they did.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2581859.shtml

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

rsnnh12

The Senior Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Fran disagrees with you (as does everyone else)

http://www.frbsf.org/publications/ec...el2003-17.html

"The seeds for the subsequent drop in investment were actually sown during the boom years of the late 1990s"

"Much of the surge in business investment during the late 1990s was linked to computers and information technology. During these years, measured productivity growth picked up, inflation remained low, and the unemployment rate declined. Such observations were often cited as evidence of a permanent structural change-one that portended faster trend growth in the years ahead. Widespread belief in the so-called "new economy" caused investors to bid up stock prices to unprecedented levels relative to earnings (see Lansing 2002). It is now clear that the investment boom of the late 1990s was overdone"

You can admit you were wrong, its ok, we all can see it
    Why are you ignoring this, crusty?

Cmon, I want to hear your response. I want to hear your argument that shows the dotcom boom and bust had no effect on the economy and thatt it didn't cause the 2001 recession.

First 12345 ... Last