ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

If rickie weeks gets passed round 1, he will win

he has the most endurance of the contestants and peter gammons says he is the most impressive batting practice home run hitter he has seen except for mike stanton

Best slow ball hitter in the field is ortiz,

Ortiz gets lazy as the derby continues and can't catch up with fast balls but in the home run derby he will excell at hitting the slower pitches.

Ortiz has stated he will be thrown pitches around 60 mph tonight in the derby, tip

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

If stanton was in this he would win...kid is a bomb hurler

ttwarrior1

The 2011 Home Run Derby has a couple familiar faces this season, including two previous champions as “team captains.” 2010 winner David Ortiz will captain the American League, and 2009 winner Prince Fielder will head up the National League team. Of the eight 2011 participants, only four have previously appeared in the Derby before – Matt Holliday and Adrian Gonzalez are the other two.
    Real quick side note: Ortiz has been in the contest four times before 2011 – not surprising. But can you believe Matt Holliday has been in the Home Run Derby twice before? I was surprised by that. That means after the derby this year that he will have been in as many derby’s as Prince Fielder, Ryan Howard, and Albert Pujols. No diss to Holliday, but that seems like a lot for the guy when compared to those three home run titans.
    This year, Papi and Prince could pick players for their team without regard for whether or not the players are All-Stars. Both AL and NL homer totals will be added up to determine a winning team, captain, and charity. But don’t worry – there will still be an individual winner. Otherwise, the scoring format of the tournament will be the same.
    The returning champs are well favored, but Blue Jays slugger Joey Bats is at the top of the list of favorites. Bautista has two home runs in 34 career ABs at Chase Field – but those dingers all came pre-2009 when he was a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates, so who knows what to really expect from him? Ortiz has only batted 7 times in Chase Field, and has never gone yard. Prince has 4 home runs in 66 plate appearances at the Chase.
    Among the other participants, Adrian Gonzalez played in Chase Field for years before getting dealt to Boston, and he hit very well there – going yard 13 times in 169 ABs there. Matt Kemp has hit 5 bombs in 124, Holliday only hit 4 in 167, Rickie Weeks has hit 2 in 59… and Robinson Cano has gone 0 for 13 in Arizona.
    2011 Home Run Derby Odds

• Jose Bautista: 5 – 2
    • David Ortiz: 3 – 1
    • Prince Fielder: 3 – 1
    • Robinson Cano: 5 – 1
    • Adrian Gonzalez: 6 – 1
    • Matt Holliday: 6 – 1
    • Matt Kemp: 8 – 1
    • Rickie Weeks: 12 – 1

So, after all of that, who’s gonna win this thing? Find out AFTER the jump…
    Who we like in 2011: Adrian Gonzalez.
    Why? The shortest porch is in left field (330 feet), but that’s only four feet shorter than right field. The center field distance of 407 feet also seem to favor right-handed hitters, which is probably a big reason why Vegas loves Joey Bats the most. We like him to compete – but win? Nah.
    With his career performance at Chase Field, his tendency to avoid the gaps when he hit home runs, and his status as a non-first timer in the derby, A-Gonz looks like a great bet to take the title in 2011. Check out his 2011 home run landing spots below, plus get some more insight from us on who his top competition will be after the pic!

Based on their 2011 home run landing spots, look for Bautista, Ortiz, Cano and Holliday to be Gonzalez’s top contenders. Weeks also fits a similar home run profile, but I just can’t imagine him competing in this thing (seriously, say this out loud to yourself – “Rickie Weeks, Home Run Derby Champion” – can’t do it without laughing, can you? Me either).
    Left center and right center are actually the deepest parts of Chase Field (413), and this seems to work at a disadvantage for Fielder and Kemp. They simply have too great of a frequency of hitting their homers in the gaps.
    So, what do you think? Who’s going to win the 2011 HR Derby? Let us know in the comments below!
    Last edited by ttwarrior1; 07-11-11 at 05:30 PM. Reason: my right

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

What's the Batting Lineup tonight #1-8?

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like weeks to do some damage, which means he will prob hit 2 hrs

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Thank you, I have been saying this since he was in. 15/1 is crazy odds for him. The guy will probably hit the furthest home run today.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Thank you, I have been saying this since he was in. 15/1 is crazy odds for him. The guy will probably hit the furthest home run today.

i got him hitting the most in round one, but Holliday the furthest.

Love your avatar BTW, Aqua Teens are fukkin great and meatwad is my guy!!!!!!!!!!

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Most of the guys have advantages on him it is a lefty park, Bautista can counter this by being one of the most extreme pull hitters of all time.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Yeah, weeks at 15/1 is too good to pass up. At least put 5 bucks on it people that is 75 bucks. Whats the worst that can happen.
    I really put a lot on Prince making it to the 2nd round. I hope I am not being too much of a homer here, i hope there is not terrible shadows today when they play. I still remember it screwed Prince 3 years ago.
    Anybody know if the roof is going to be open or closed? If its open obviously there will be a ton more Hr's which will give the bigger odds guys a better chance.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Yeah, weeks at 15/1 is too good to pass up. At least put 5 bucks on it people that is 75 bucks. Whats the worst that can happen.
    I really put a lot on Prince making it to the 2nd round. I hope I am not being too much of a homer here, i hope there is not terrible shadows today when they play. I still remember it screwed Prince 3 years ago.
    Anybody know if the roof is going to be open or closed? If its open obviously there will be a ton more Hr's which will give the bigger odds guys a better chance.

i read roof will be closed until final then they will open it.

ttwarrior1

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Are you stupid

xxdjstriderxx
    xxdjstriderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

not a chance

ttwarrior1

Can you read, it said if he gets passed round 1. Read moron

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

my buddy bet to win a few hundred on every other contestant to hit more hrs then weeks... of course I pussed out.. he just made an easy few k

guess it turned out to be free money

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Weeks was a friggin flame-out bigtime.....he might as well head for dinner because his night is over

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Weeks was Weak........................

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Typical warrior thread.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Still outperformed Bautista and Kemp