Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Deron Williams claiming NBA players will go overseas for good

If the owners want to cut salaries by one third D Will claims there will be an exodus of stars going overseas long term.

Good. Nice knowing ya. these fukks think anyone cares.

News Alert D Will- if it aint the nfl we dont give a fukk.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most of the best players are all about their legacy in the NBA. They ain't going nowhere. Ps... NFL is overrated

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I love this lockout because it's going to expose all of the ignorant arrogant thugs for what they really are.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

success
    success's Avatar Become A Pro!

The athletes never cared about the fans and if I would be a professional player I would not either. It's about the money and excelling in a game that you love-this could be on the moon.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

illini - dwill

success
    success's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    I love this lockout because it's going to expose all of the ignorant arrogant thugs for what they really are.
    You would do the same thing if you would be in their place

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    FYI bigger thugs are in NFL not NBA.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Well...he's wrong for several reasons.

Pretty much of these leagues have a limit on the number of foreigners you can have on a team. So, it's not like a team in Turkey could have a roster full of NBA players, even if they wanted to.

There are a limited number of teams in Europe with the kind of money it will/would take to lure NBA talent.

There are a number of NBA players who would not want to pick their families up and move to some place like Turkey.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Quote Originally Posted by success View Post
    You would do the same thing if you would be in their place
    So my post makes you think I would do the same thing as those I am condemning if I were in their shoes .

If this happens, not every player will be going overseas to play for good that's for sure... and those that do will be the minority.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Well...he's wrong for several reasons.

Pretty much of these leagues have a limit on the number of foreigners you can have on a team. So, it's not like a team in Turkey could have a roster full of NBA players, even if they wanted to.

There are a limited number of teams in Europe with the kind of money it will/would take to lure NBA talent.

There are a number of NBA players who would not want to pick their families up and move to some place like Turkey.
    well said doc

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

good leave. we can pretend we are betting on ncaa then.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope they do...

Fukk these greedy fukking owners, nobody wants to see a old trust fund baby smoking cigars in his suite....

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    well said doc
    Not really. He was referring to the stars that command a pile of cash. He specifically referred to Kobe and Lebron.

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    If the owners want to cut salaries by one third D Will claims there will be an exodus of stars going overseas long term.

Good. Nice knowing ya. these fukks think anyone cares.

News Alert D Will- if it aint the nfl we dont give a fukk.
    a little down cause you dont have the handles of a real player

do you still watch the NBA and point out every turnover saying its stupid but you are really only still jealous of the NBA players cause they dont have crumbled up 1's and 5's in their pockets but money clips with 50's and 100's

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

I don't see this happening. Everybody knows USA is the best when it comes to basketball. And just as importantly the most lucrative as well. Not just in terms of annual salary from a team but from sponsorships as well.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

The Players are obviously egocentric little assholes, BUT how in God's unholy fuking name do you not support them against the piece of shit owners???

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Bye bye NBA ... hello NCAA.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!

some real intelligent discussion in this thread, very enlightening. what are you guys, like 13 years old?

As for D-will, I think he's wrong. Players will go oversea for a year max but they'll be back in the NBA. He's just threatening ownership with exodus and imo it's a good tactic. The players need some sort of leverage and this is it.

btw, there seems to be an unhealthy obsession on these forums with who is or isn't a thug. Why do people give a shit if NBA is full of thugs? good, I say, we need more thugs. maybe they'll get into fights right on the court and we can get a 2-for-1 basketball game and boxing match, more entertainment for us.

seriously, thugs make things interesting. you want them in boxing, you want them in MMA, but you don't want them in basketball? makes no sense.
    Last edited by chantrain; 07-10-11 at 12:27 AM.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the top stars from the nba are never playing overseas for good, unless they are from there
    for 1 thing, most of them dont speak any language other than english
    not knowing wtf people are saying is gonna frustrate them

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Can't wait for the next year's Eurleague. Hope lockout stays and these FAs come to play in Europe I want JR Smith in my team

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Im just wondering how long lockout will take.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

I hope they do screw Stern

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

I hope Mr. Williams takes the next flight out of the country. What a Jerk!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Not really. He was referring to the stars that command a pile of cash. He specifically referred to Kobe and Lebron.
    IT'D,
    Do you really think the NBA cares if the tenth, eleventh, or 12th guys at the end of rhe bench go to Europe?

And do you really think European teams are going to pay those guys a life-style changing amount of money?

And you still have the issue of the limited number of foreigners on a team.

So, there just isn't going to be a mass exodus of NBA players going to Europe. There just isn't...
    Last edited by Doc JS; 07-10-11 at 08:23 AM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I could care less if they go overseas or not. There will always be something else to watch between the NHL, NCAA, and the NFL.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I could care less if they go overseas or not. There will always be something else to watch between the NHL, NCAA, and the NFL.

That remains to be seen because I don't know of many people "who don't care" that takes the time out of their life to write in a NBA thread during the off-season...

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I CAN HEAR IT NOW THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION IS 90% BLACK THE BLACK LEADERS LIKE JESSE JACKSON AND AL SHARPTON WILL SAY THE SLAVE OWNERS ARE SHIPPING THE SLAVES IN CHAINS OVERSEAS ITS FINE WITH ME LET THE OVERPAID JANITORS WALK IT WILL OPEN UP SOME NEW JOBS FOR OTHER FUTURE JANITORS TO MOP AND CLEAN THE FLOORS.

NOBODY GIVES A F-CK ABOUT THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION LET THEM WALK I WANT TO SEE THAT JEW DAVID STERNS FACE WHEN HE HAS TO TAKE A PAY CUT

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    the top stars from the nba are never playing overseas for good, unless they are from there
    for 1 thing, most of them dont speak any language other than english
    not knowing wtf people are saying is gonna frustrate them
    Most of them can't speak english either.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Any individual that would take the side of the NBA players over the owners are absolute idiots and this includes KingMayan and Hauntingtheholy.

Enjoy paying $500 for a mediocre seat at an NBA game? How about paying $8 for a stale hot dog?

Even with the exorbitant prices of NBA seats/concessions around the country, the vast majority of NBA owners lose money every year as player salaries have gotten absolutely out of control.

I'm sure the NBA owners know they are holding all the cards in this lockout as there is no other market that will pay these NBA thugs even 20% of what they are making in the NBA.

Deron Williams is a sub-par NBA player and probably couldn't make even 10% of what he is making now outside of the NBA.

If the NBA lockout goes on long-term, half the players will wind up in jail.

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Any individual that would take the side of the NBA players over the owners are absolute idiots and this includes KingMayan and Hauntingtheholy.

Enjoy paying $500 for a mediocre seat at an NBA game? How about paying $8 for a stale hot dog?

Even with the exorbitant prices of NBA seats/concessions around the country, the vast majority of NBA owners lose money every year as player salaries have gotten absolutely out of control.

I'm sure the NBA owners know they are holding all the cards in this lockout as there is no other market that will pay these NBA thugs even 20% of what they are making in the NBA.

Deron Williams is a sub-par NBA player and probably couldn't make even 10% of what he is making now outside of the NBA.

If the NBA lockout goes on long-term, half the players will wind up in jail.
    20%? Sounds like bs. Are you aware NBA players pay zero tax on their earnings in, say, Turkey? Exaggeration all around.

But you make a valid point. If NBA slashes player salaries, at first Americans will leave for Europe en masse, but eventually market will adjust and demand for 'NBA stars' in Europe will plummet. For years, the allure of the NBA was based on legendary players and rivalries. If these players end up going to Spain or Italy (or joining Europe-based NBA teams!!!), in ten years many more young kids in the USA will dream of becoming a pro in soccer or ice hockey rather than basketball.

If Deron Williams is right and good players start relocating, I can see European leagues becoming a lot more competitive. Chances are, a team from Europe will end up beating the USA at an Olympics one day. But as long as NBA seats are worth hundreds of dollars and a hotdogs are $8 apiece, this will be the top league. I don't see the prices dropping even if the union caves. An 'average owner' will stop losing money, and owners of good franchises will become much wealthier.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Deron Williams needs to just shut his piehole and go over to Turkey and enjoy the kebabs and play ball. All of the bullcrap threats and negotiation ploys will go on for the Summer. The NBA's biggest threat is the NFL...because the second football starts no one will give a rats ass what any of the NBA players do until February.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Deron Williams needs to just shut his piehole and go over to Turkey and enjoy the kebabs and play ball. All of the bullcrap threats and negotiation ploys will go on for the Summer. The NBA's biggest threat is the NFL...because the second football starts no one will give a rats ass what any of the NBA players do until February.
    The NBA is the biggest American sport World Wide.. Plenty of people will care.. Even the ones who claim they don't..

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post

IT'D,
    Do you really think the NBA cares if the tenth, eleventh, or 12th guys at the end of rhe bench go to Europe?

And do you really think European teams are going to pay those guys a life-style changing amount of money?

And you still have trhe issue of the limited number of foreigners on a team.

So, there just isn't going to be a mass exodus of NBA players going to Europe. There just isn't...
    Who's talking about guys at the end of the bench? I'll agree after Brandon Jennings experience that most guys wouldn't go but if you don't think teams like AC Milan and Olympiakos would drop $30 mil or more in a heartbeat to get a Kobe or Lebron then you're crazy....sort of a reverse of getting Beckham to America. A guy like Kobe who has accomplished a firm legacy in the NBA and understands what kind of impact this could secure for him globally would absolutely consider going for real.

You're the only guy who said mass exodus, but you can keep arguing in that direction if you'd like.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

In the long run this could lead to better global exposure for the NBA

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Players like Kobe and Lebron are NOT overpaid especially considering the exposure they get for any team they play for.

Its the Deron Williams's of the league making $15-$20 million per year that do the most complaining and are the most overpaid.

Real superstars like Kobe and Lebron can get similar money anywhere they decide to play but that is NOT the case for players like Deron Williams.

In any event, you have average mediocre basketball players making $5 million annually (this kind of thing happens when any business caves in and satisfies union ridiculous demands). Middle-class families are getting priced out of the league due to rising ticket prices and the majority of owners are losing bucketloads of money.

If the NBA players union won't back down to the owners then this NBA lockout is going to last quite some time.

1234 Last