Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Uncle Mo planning a comeback in Saratoga next month

Say it ain't so - the overhyped Uncle Mo coming back. More losing $2 tickets littered all over the track coming up at Saratoga.

JUVENILE CHAMPION UNCLE MO EYEING HIS RETURN

The very popular and undefeated 2010 two-year-old Champion Uncle Mo is eyeing his comeback! Since May 9th and having been diagnosed with cholangiohepatitis, fan favorite Uncle Mo has been recovering at Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm in Versailles, Kentucky. Entering 2011, Uncle Mo was a favorite leading into this year's Triple Crown series."If asked why I want the horse to come back so bad, the number-one reason is for Uncle Mo to prove to people that he wasn't just a great two-year-old, but he can be a great three-year-old," said owner Mike Repole. "Number two is for the fans. He has so many followers that WinStar and Repole Stable headquarters get cards and letters wishing him well. There's a lot of people who love racing who fell in love with this horse who have followed him even with him not racing, and it'll be a great day for racing if he makes it back, but I'll only race him if he's 100%. No, not even 100%, but 110%."

Repole and trainer Todd Pletcher have their eyes on Uncle Mo's potential return on August 27 at Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., in the Grade I Foxwoods King's Bishop Stakes for three-year-olds at seven furlongs.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

They'll find a walkover race, then run him in shorter races.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Yea he'll win a 4 horse field full of garbage and Repole will run his mouth some more, whoooopdie dooo

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Consider a horse doesn't make full mature until about 4 yrs. Injury is very common. Uncle Mo is an exceptional horse that didn't realize his full potential yet..

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

I will be betting against him just as I did all year.....

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

He's lost once in his life, coming out of the race very sick, and you guys act like he is garbage. I don't know if he'll ever return to top form, but this was a monster of a 2yo horse and just hasn't had a chance this year because of an illness.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

the guy who said he bets against uncle mo.....you do know money has a solid value in today's society and is quite useful??

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post

The very popular and undefeated 2010 two-year-old Champion Uncle Mo is eyeing his comeback!
    how is he undefeated? 3rd place at Wood Memorial this year...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I agree, but the owners will never let him develop. One loss, or two, and they'll retire him because they will lose stud value.

Look at First Dude? Six months ago, he was on a losing streak and appeared headed nowhere. They stayed patient with him, got him to rate, and now he's one of the better older horses in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    He's lost once in his life, coming out of the race very sick, and you guys act like he is garbage. I don't know if he'll ever return to top form, but this was a monster of a 2yo horse and just hasn't had a chance this year because of an illness.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    how is he undefeated? 3rd place at Wood Memorial this year...
    Hah - good catch. The NTRA missed that one.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Remember you can still buy a losing $2 win ticket from Uncle Mo's historical loss in Wood Memorial - only $1.25 on Ebay with free expedited shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNCLE-MO-HORSE-R...item3cb6e81ff3

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

I think they were trying to say that as a 2 year old champion he was undefeated.
    At least that's what they will say they meant.

zou1222
    zou1222's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he does come back in the King's Bishop - that could shape up to be quite a race.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

the King's Bishop should have uncle mo in it. I am a huge fan especially with the lackluster field of the derby and the triple crown in general..

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Probably getting Mo ready for the Breeder's Cup Classic if possible.....get a few under his belt...the timing might be right for a big one before the racing season ends, he wins then heads for the breeding shed.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Probably getting Mo ready for the Breeder's Cup Classic if possible.....get a few under his belt...the timing might be right for a big one before the racing season ends, he wins then heads for the breeding shed.
    To get him to the Classic, they need 2 races in him, especially since the Kings Bishop is a sprint. Maybe they could go from there to the Jockey Club at Belmont, then the Classic. I suspect they might also consider the BC Dirt Mile, which may actually be a better fit for Mo.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Dirt Mile seems like a smarter/better goal