laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Indians fans are a joke....

At least the ones at todays game. Tomlin tosses 6 innings of no hit ball against one of the most potent offenses in the game...gives up first hit in the 7th and fans can't eve muster a standing o. What a freaking joke.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

you got that right

chemicalbrother is an indians fan

further validates what you are saying

laclippers504

Ha ha. Well I can see this wasn't much of a lively thread but nonethe less am glad someone agrees with me rofl

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

ya i guess everyone should also give standing o's when players hit a 1b, 2b and a homer too cuz its 75% of the cycle

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

i dont know about a standing o but some sort of appreciation should have been shown.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    At least the ones at todays game. Tomlin tosses 6 innings of no hit ball against one of the most potent offenses in the game...gives up first hit in the 7th and fans can't eve muster a standing o. What a freaking joke.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17176

I don't know about a standing o, but a decent clap was deserved for that.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Indians fans expect perfection so when they give up a hit they are mad not happy.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10283

It's Cleveland...what do you expect. The most tortured sports city.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

they did. wasn't quite a 'standing O', but the camera shows lots of people standing and cheering.

problem is that while the stadium was sold out, 40% of them were yankee fans (totally standard for yankee home games here).

i was watching at home in between doing things (okay, well in between drinking sessions) and it was a legit hit. cano's squibber the next AB would've infuriated me to break it up.

as for indians fans being a 'joke', that just isn't true. the team maybe, but not the fans. fans have been coming to games, wearing hats, scrambling for autographs from players that hit .245...no titles since 1948 would basically evaporate a fan base. not us dumbasses up in cleveland. we had the four hundred and change straight sellout streak in the 90's, and just about everyone that i know/hang out still watch nightly.

cleveland fans in general (browns, cavs, indians) have to be top 5ish out of american sports cities' fanbase. obviously that's debatable, but with the heartbreak and straight mediocrity we've had to deal with yet we STILL watch the game, watch the post game and then watch 'all bets are off' every single night IF we're not selling out the pitiful cavs/browns every night says something.

/rant.

sorry, i (and most national ranking whenever they do it in espn the mag or wherever) feel that tribe fans are pretty ******* dedicated fans.

THAT said, yeah, they should've given Tomlin a little more love. but again the opposite of that is probably half the people there were cheering for the hit. yankees fans invade even more than boston fans.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by sneak-a-peak View Post
    ya i guess everyone should also give standing o's when players hit a 1b, 2b and a homer too cuz its 75% of the cycle

The context of which the cycle happens is much different..considering a pitcher tossing a no no is the vocal point of the game makes the lead up the possible event different

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalbrother View Post
    they did. wasn't quite a 'standing O', but the camera shows lots of people standing and cheering.

problem is that while the stadium was sold out, 40% of them were yankee fans (totally standard for yankee home games here).

i was watching at home in between doing things (okay, well in between drinking sessions) and it was a legit hit. cano's squibber the next AB would've infuriated me to break it up.

as for indians fans being a 'joke', that just isn't true. the team maybe, but not the fans. fans have been coming to games, wearing hats, scrambling for autographs from players that hit .245...no titles since 1948 would basically evaporate a fan base. not us dumbasses up in cleveland. we had the four hundred and change straight sellout streak in the 90's, and just about everyone that i know/hang out still watch nightly.

cleveland fans in general (browns, cavs, indians) have to be top 5ish out of american sports cities' fanbase. obviously that's debatable, but with the heartbreak and straight mediocrity we've had to deal with yet we STILL watch the game, watch the post game and then watch 'all bets are off' every single night IF we're not selling out the pitiful cavs/browns every night says something.

/rant.

sorry, i (and most national ranking whenever they do it in espn the mag or wherever) feel that tribe fans are pretty ******* dedicated fans.

THAT said, yeah, they should've given Tomlin a little more love. but again the opposite of that is probably half the people there were cheering for the hit. yankees fans invade even more than boston fans.

Well said

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

They had their chance in 97

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tomlin looked great today against a very hot Yankee team

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

did you just figure this out

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

standing O for 6 innings of no hit ball? really?

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Clev was, is, and always will be a joke! They could have had Pedro Martinez, but said no thanks we like Jarod Wright better!