illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can they enforce this?

Since most sites have moved to .ag and .eu etc. can the US gov do anything to the sites themselves?

My guess is that it will never be illegal for the player to place wagers online so that's okay.

The banks will have a hard time(and don't want to be responsible for) looking for gambling wires and tranactions.

So it comes down to: CAN THE GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN A WEBSITE THAT OPERATES IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

To me, this is like a us citizen going to holland and smoking pot. They are doing something that is illegal in the us but they are doing it in a place where it's legal. The websites are the property of a different country. So it's like going to a different country. Thoughts?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

No they can't but I think you will find more and more books closing their door the US players to avoid these problems

illfuuptn

^do you think the books that leave will typically be pro or rec? It seems to me that as supposed enforcment by the doj "tightens" then all the squares will leave because deposits will be harder and they might think it's really illegal. So then it will be a lot of sharps betting big with no squares. Will pro books have any reason to remain in a country that they lose money to?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

I dont think it will get to that extreme, not sure how it will pan out. A lot of Rec shops are big too, american bettors are better investing in a vpn and documents from canada or europe

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Move to Vegas, avoid all hassles

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

The US Gov't can do what ever the fk they please, if you haven't learned this yet, you never will....Even if it seems like the most idiotic and impossible move ever, the US Gov't can make it happen if they want, as the homies on 42nd would say, those fkers got juice.

illfuuptn

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    I dont think it will get to that extreme, not sure how it will pan out. A lot of Rec shops are big too, american bettors are better investing in a vpn and documents from canada or europe
    How safe would you be with an illegal vpn? What kind of trouble can you get in if caught?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

well a VPN is not illegal, so not sure the consequences

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Move to Vegas, avoid all hassles
    that is always my backup plan ...IF..things get really bad..there is still business as usual at some good shops

illfuuptn

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    well a VPN is not illegal, so not sure the consequences
    But it certainly is illegal to either use one to deliberately falsify one's location or to use one to circumvent laws. I'm not sure which one...

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

I think you would have to be a fukkin big timer for them to notice otherwise you will probably just sail under the radar

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    But it certainly is illegal to either use one to deliberately falsify one's location or to use one to circumvent laws. I'm not sure which one...
    We need to get some expert advice on that...also getting docs from canada

illfuuptn

^ Bump for expert advice...