bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Do ppl really "volunteer" for the military right now?

I mean, why?

Do they just love these Vietnam type of pointless waste of life wars or do they have no other financial opportunities whatsoever and get suckered in by the signup bonus?

I cant imagine anyone at this point believing the lives taken/lost in Iraq have been any benefit at all to this country

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 296

Well if there is no mandatory draft serving in the military is volunteering.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Well kids who are IDIOTS throughout High School and Middle School sign up during their Senior Year of High School.

They realize that they really have not shot at getting good grades in College, so they choose the Military and the signing bonus plus guaranteed pay.

Alot of the soldiers already have 1 or 2 kids at home and need to start paying the child support in some fashion

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Well if there is no mandatory draft serving in the military is volunteering.
    Pavy you're really going for quantity over quality lately bro, no offense but posts like this should get betpoints deducted from your account

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Well kids who are IDIOTS throughout High School and Middle School sign up during their Senior Year of High School.

They realize that they really have not shot at getting good grades in College, so they choose the Military and the signing bonus plus guaranteed pay.

Alot of the soldiers already have 1 or 2 kids at home and need to start paying the child support in some fashion
    I agree with this, you even see ads on TV of we'll "help" you get your GED, basically bend the rules and cheat to get some illiterate **** to pass a test a monkey could pass. I mean really that's the intelligence level the army is looking for at this point, someone incapable of even passing a basic reading/writing test so when they offer them a 25k signing bonus they're like **** yea!

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

dude getting paid to kill arabs?? what more do you want in a job man! its like paintball but 1000 better and they pay you!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

The military can be a great way to go for many people. A lot of benefits. A lot of training that you really can't get anywhere else. The private sector is always looking for those with military experience. You can work anywhere in the world and the pay is great. I know a great deal of people of various ages that have done very well with their experience. If you decide to make a career out of the military, that can be a very good route to take as well.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

wars are fought by the poor for the rich.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Joining the military, what a great way to end up in an early grave while doing the dirty work of evil people.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post

Those statements are complete bull shit, and the statistics back just the opposite.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    dude getting paid to kill arabs?? what more do you want in a job man! its like paintball but 1000 better and they pay you!
    I dont agree with the logic behind the creation of Israel, I dont particularly care to kill or die to defend their "holy land" nor do I care to kill or die to increase some oil companies profits. Its time for the world to be at peace and this country is on the verge of economic collapse, we got bigger problems than spending another 4 trillion killin xxxxxx
    Last edited by sam9ball; 07-04-11 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I mean, why?

Do they just love these Vietnam type of pointless waste of life wars or do they have no other financial opportunities whatsoever and get suckered in by the signup bonus?

I cant imagine anyone at this point believing the lives taken/lost in Iraq have been any benefit at all to this country

I just wonder how people such as yourself are goofy enough to post trash like this...you have no concept or idea what it's like to be in the military. I've come to believe you make threads like this just to piss people off...get a life

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

With way the economy is right now, the Military is probably the way for most folks fresh out of high school. Plus them guaranteeing to see action with better pay and bonus than it was 10 years ago, people are more willing to join.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

I mean, why? Do they just love these Vietnam type of pointless waste of life wars or do they have no other financial opportunities whatsoever and get suckered in by the signup bonus? I cant imagine anyone at this point believing the lives taken/lost in Iraq have been any benefit at all to this country

there might be something wrong with you

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    The military can be a great way to go for many people. A lot of benefits. A lot of training that you really can't get anywhere else. The private sector is always looking for those with military experience. You can work anywhere in the world and the pay is great. I know a great deal of people of various ages that have done very well with their experience. If you decide to make a career out of the military, that can be a very good route to take as well.
    E-1's start at 1200 bucks a month. Whats so beneficial about that? Plenty of entry level jobs offer affordable health care, pension, 401k, sick leave and vacation. Only benefit to the military is the GI bill and the free school(not sure if these 2 are the same). I used to sell candy in school and make 200 a week 8 years ago. No need to go to iraq to make a few more bucks.

If you join the military and your in it for the money your a idiot. Most do it for the pride and even that is very questionable to me.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    E-1's start at 1200 bucks a month. Whats so beneficial about that? Plenty of entry level jobs offer affordable health care, pension, 401k, sick leave and vacation. Only benefit to the military is the GI bill and the free school(not sure if these 2 are the same). I used to sell candy in school and make 200 a week 8 years ago. No need to go to iraq to make a few more bucks.

If you join the military and your in it for the money your a idiot. Most do it for the pride and even that is very questionable to me.

I would say many do it for pride in their country.....there's a small percentage that do it for the benefits/money because it's a great way to help fund school for some that aren't fortunate enough to have families that can afford tuition. But a large part do it because it's a drive to be part of a great team and transition from boys/girls to men/women. You would be amazed how many say "I'm only staying for 4 years", and when the time comes they re-enlist. You either have it, or you don't....it's not for everyone. But there's nothing better than wearing the uniform and being with your squadron/battalion and going out and delivering the goods.

You are all correct...people die....that's part of the business. No one ever said War was easy and clean....you're trained to do bad things to bad people....sorry but those are the rules. If people can't accept those facts then they should stay away and go find another career.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I would say many do it for pride in their country.....there's a small percentage that do it for the benefits/money because it's a great way to help fund school for some that aren't fortunate enough to have families that can afford tuition. But a large part do it because it's a drive to be part of a great team and transition from boys/girls to men/women. You would be amazed how many say "I'm only staying for 4 years", and when the time comes they re-enlist. You either have it, or you don't....it's not for everyone. But there's nothing better than wearing the uniform and being with your squadron/battalion and going out and delivering the goods.

You are all correct...people die....that's part of the business. No one ever said War was easy and clean....you're trained to do bad things to bad people....sorry but those are the rules. If people can't accept those facts then they should stay away and go find another career.
    Bad things to bad ppl huh, how exactly were the Iraqis bad? You're about as dumb and brainwashed as a human being could possibly be, if you dont see the Iraqi war as nothing but a complete waste of life and trillions of dollars you're out of your mind

Dirty Sanchez

Bad things to bad ppl huh, how exactly were the Iraqis bad? You're about as dumb and brainwashed as a human being could possibly be, if you dont see the Iraqi war as nothing but a complete waste of life and trillions of dollars you're out of your mind
    Not even going to fall for your game....I've got some great friends that are Iraqi....and lost some great friends that understood the risks....go ahead and name call and throw all the insults you want....it says alot about a you.

bettilimbroke999

Not even going to fall for your game....I've got some great friends that are Iraqi....and lost some great friends that understood the risks....go ahead and name call and throw all the insults you want....it says alot about a you.
    I feel safer knowing those "bad" Iraqis with all their WMD are dead, 3 trillion well spent

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Joining the military, what a great way to end up in an early grave while doing the dirty work of evil people.
    Ignorance. The mortality rate for military personnel is LOWER than the same for their gender and age. Accounting for people of similar health, it's higher, but in the same way that 2 cents is higher than 1 cent.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    E-1's start at 1200 bucks a month. Whats so beneficial about that?
    Dude, you don't think a lot of people coming out of high school would like that? There's the health benefits, job security, relatively high status, and a lot of enlisted people don't start at E1.

poochiecollins

I mean, why? Do they just love these Vietnam type of pointless waste of life wars or do they have no other financial opportunities whatsoever and get suckered in by the signup bonus? I cant imagine anyone at this point believing the lives taken/lost in Iraq have been any benefit at all to this country
    The U.S. military presence does exist outside of Iraq, believe it or not.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15206

Like Rambo said when he was in the military he was somebody in charge of million dollar pieces of equipment, but back home he was unfit to wear a hair net and wash pots. The government lies to these guys and says they will get great jobs when they get out but that's not true and why they come up with all these fake illnesses and cry when they don't get their free money for an imaginary illness.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Like Rambo said when he was in the military he was somebody in charge of million dollar pieces of equipment, but back home he was unfit to wear a hair net and wash pots. The government lies to these guys and says they will get great jobs when they get out but that's not true and why they come up with all these fake illnesses and cry when they don't get their free money for an imaginary illness.
    you know nothing of which you speak

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

"You can be a Captain or a nobody, when your luck runs out you die, thats how war is." - Bernie