ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Roger Clemens trial tommorrow

1. Who is paying the money to fund this trial? Its expected to last 6 weeks??????? why 6 weeks
    Are these attorneys really waking up in the morning to try to put clemens in jail and getting paid for it?

Cashman or whoever he is does not sound credible on an level. yes clemens probaly took gh , but
    Clemens became a better pitcher because he developed a split finger fastball. He did not improve
    his strength, endurance, or anything. He pitched much harder in the 80's and early 90s.

He never flunked any test. Hell if andy pettite took gh then probaly 90 percent of mlb took hgh or roids.

We have much bigger problems in the world then having a 6 week trial for roger clemens

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

clemens never did any juice, or any illegal drugs not allowed by mlb. he would never lie.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I agree with TT....bigger fish to fry at this point.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Its not really about him taking it, its about him lying about it to congress. If he would just admitted like a man to the charges, say yeah i took HGH sometimes to recover from X injury. The public would probably have forgiven him and he wouldn't be facing prison time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I hope he goes to prison and gets it in the ass

He is a piece of garbage

No way to throw that hard at an advanced age
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

ahayes
    ahayes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

let it go why wast the time

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ever heard of Nolan Ryan?

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Sets a bad example if you take an oath not to lie and then outright lie to Congress. Clemens only has himself to blame for being an arrogant a-hole.

ttwarrior1

jj he wasn't throwing that hard, not even close to what he was before. He developed a split finger fastball and off speed pitches.

As far as lying. I don't trust cashman.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Sets a bad example if you take an oath not to lie and then outright lie to Congress. Clemens only has himself to blame for being an arrogant a-hole.
    U r right about the arrogant a-hole part. I met him when I was little and he was playing for the red sox. He was my fav player up until that day.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Will be fun to watch him lie.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

SO ROGER DID YOU TAKE STEROIDS

I DONT KNOW I MISS REMEMBERED

MISS REMEMBERED OH ROGER YOUR SCREWED

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

he wont get punished....oh well

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Do you still believe Palmero took steriods? lol

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Clemens is going on trial for perjury , not illegal drug use. That seems like it was years ago he testified. It will cost Clemens alot of money for defense. He is facing 6 counts and the Feds have a 90 per cent conviction rate.

Also this prosecuter got Miguel Tejado to plea bargain to a misdemeaneor for the same type of charges.

BTW its Brian McNamee.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Brian Cashman's lawyers considering filing suit over this thread right now....

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trial is a waste of time and money.

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares, he took some juice now has a JJ-sized rooster

keenecharger21
    keenecharger21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Nothings goignto happen there just wasting time

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I believe in Santa Clause , the tooth fairy, easter bunny, OJ, and the Rocket.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

It really is amazing how much time these trials take. Such a waste of money- they could definitely do something like this in less than a week.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Bonds gets it, he lets his water carrying boot, lick do the time for him.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    clemens never did any juice, or any illegal drugs not allowed by mlb. he would never lie.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24992

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Its not really about him taking it, its about him lying about it to congress. If he would just admitted like a man to the charges, say yeah i took HGH sometimes to recover from X injury. The public would probably have forgiven him and he wouldn't be facing prison time.

Exactly. Even McGwire has at least partially recovered after coming clean.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The worst part about it is that Clemens never had to testify. He volunteered. His ego and his legacy got the best of him.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

roger is dumber than a post. a red neck texan who got caught and wasn't smart enough to admit it. andy pettite wouldn't lie and now roger must pay.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I hope he goes to prison and gets it in the ass

He is a piece of garbage

Probably cost you a few hairpieces huh JJ...

Scalamanga
    Scalamanga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Maybe Roger and Barry can split a cell.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares, I forgot about this moron until now

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

He might want to plead guilty so he can get house arrest.

ttwarrior1

casey anthony trial ended just in time for his trial to get more plubicity

ttwarrior1

Roger Clemens had participated in his final major league game a few months earlier, not that he didn’t have a final pitch in him.
    "Let me be clear,'' Clemens told a congressional subcommittee in February 2008, "I have never taken steroids or HGH.''

Former Yankees pitcher Andy Pettitte is just one of the notable figures in the Roger Clemens trial.

Such bold statements eventually led to perjury and obstruction charges against Clemens, a seven-time Cy Young Award winner who will enter court this week in his latest — and most perilous — attempt to clear his sullied name. Jury selection begins Wednesday in Washington, D.C., in a trial that is expected to last up to six weeks.
    Clemens became defiant when he was first linked to the use of performance-enhancing drugs in the 2007 Mitchell Report that detailed baseball’s steroid era. His continued contrariness all but guaranteed the 24-year major league veteran would end up in a courtroom, where he faces 21 months in prison under current sentencing guidelines and up to a $1.5 million fine if convicted of all six counts.
    “Clemens was a loud, outspoken and aggressive player,” said Mac Mukasey, a former federal prosecutor. “It was clear he brought that same approach to this case. Clemens essentially challenged Congress to prove him wrong. He dared them.”
    Former congressman Tom Davis, who headed the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said he offered Clemens an opportunity to forgo his 2008 hearing.

Instead, Clemens put on a show where he famously said longtime friend and teammate Andy Pettitte “misremembered” a discussion about performance-enhancing drugs and disputed the claims made by his former friend and personal trainer, Brian McNamee, who sat two seats away.
    Clemens also rebuffed a plea bargain that would have resulted in no jail time but would have forced him to admit he used banned substances.
    Clemens, 48, has been quiet in recent months because a gag order was put in place in the case. However, he did tell a Las Vegas radio station in April “alls you have to do is know how to read” to see he’s innocent. Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ Houston-based attorney, has been similarly brash, filing a since-dismissed defamation suit against McNamee and by repeatedly berating him, whether in court or elsewhere.
    “Hardin should have done whatever he could to keep Clemens’ mouth shut,” said Peter Keane, dean emeritus of the Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco. “Clemens is the ultimate loose cannon, and unfortunately for Clemens, his lawyer is an enabler. When your client is driving himself off a cliff, you don’t push the accelerator down.”
    It’s not yet clear whether Clemens will take the next step, logical or not — testifying in his own defense.
    Experts believe Clemens is in a much more tenuous position than all-time home run king Barry Bonds, who went to trial for similar charges in March. (Bonds was found guilty of one count of obstruction, but jurors were deadlocked on three counts of perjury.)

Plenty of athletes have made an epic career blunder. Check out the

Clemens made many of his statements, which will be dissected under oath, in public. Bonds testified behind closed doors to a grand jury investigating Bay Area Lab Co-Operative (BALCO), a company in Burlingame, Calif., that distributed performance-enhancing drugs.
    Clemens also will be confronted with physical evidence and, arguably, a more formidable witness list headlined by Pettitte. As in the Bonds case, the government is expected to try to prove that perjury will not be tolerated and to use high-profile athletes to show youngsters the downside of performance-enhancing drugs.
    The BALCO case, the Mitchell Report, exposes written by Jose Canseco and the trials of arguably the best slugger (Bonds) and pitcher (Clemens) of their era have left the public with “steroid fatigue,” as doping expert Gary Wadler calls it. The use of performance-enhancing drugs might not be as sexy a topic as it once was, but the man charged with policing drug use by U.S. Olympic athletes believes the Clemens case should still be pursued.
    “Fraud, corruption and drug abuse are all important and should be exposed,” said Travis Tygart, CEO of the US Anti-Doping Agency. “Our research shows there are 165 million people in the U.S. who cite a deep, personal connection with sports. They see doping as its biggest threat. People get sick of the headlines, but doping remains a threat to one of the most important social institutions.”

The investigations, often spearheaded by federal agent Jeff Novitzky, have cost millions of dollars, and they likely won’t stop with Clemens. Seven-time Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong is under investigation by a federal grand jury in Los Angeles empanelled to examine whether he defrauded his team’s main sponsor, the US Postal Service, by using performance-enhancing drugs; Armstrong has denied using PEDs.
    “I think the public has already formulated an opinion on both Clemens and Armstrong,” said Victor Conte, cofounder of BALCO. “I definitely don’t think it’s worth spending tens of millions of federal tax dollars to go after them. When is enough, enough?”