pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

overcome being 'gun shy'

I've been on a good run. but lately I've been so gun shy. for one this time of year I'm not confident. baseball and soccer is not my main sports. I've been winning, I've only had 1 losing week in the past 2 1/2 months. I do bet very small, mainly because of the confidence factor but it's becoming very hard for me to bet. I want to up my unit size and really should because I've won so much betting so little and want to capitalize more. but for some reason I'm scared I'll start losing. with football or basketball I don't have this problem, so how do I overcome this.
    Points Awarded:

nosniboR11 gave pacers101 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Scared money doesn't win. Loose all attachment to that money, hell it's in South America somewhere think of it as gone.

In all seriousness bet using a percentage, so when winning the bet size will go up.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

tough, i know what u mean...football/nba i know if i have a bad week i'll get it back..not so much with MLB

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

I wish I had that problem. I am the exact opposite.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spread out all your money on a table and think about how much more you could have. That might work. Also, listen to the song "eye of the tiger" everytime your about to place a wager.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Scared money doesn't win. Loose all attachment to that money, hell it's in South America somewhere think of it as gone.

In all seriousness bet using a percentage, so when winning the bet size will go up.
    This is sound money mgmt, it takes advantage of the streak you're on but still keeps your bets within your comfort range.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

dzzznutz
    dzzznutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

stikymess is one of the few sharps in this forum, most are bullshit wanna bees