EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

isn't that the state that elected Bachmann ???

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    All because the evil GOP refuses to allow a tax increase on individuals making 180K+ or couples making 300K+.
    Actually this is over a fight to raise taxes on those earning over $1million per year.

"Talks broke off abruptly Thursday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported. Republican leaders rejected Dayton’s proposal that would have raised income taxes on people earning more than $1 million a year — an estimated 7,700 Minnesotans, or 0.3 percent of all taxpayers, state Revenue Department statistics indicate."

The Minnesota REPUBLICANS would rather see the entire government shutdown and 22,000 state employees furloughed than agree to a tax increase on the wealthy.

Same old same old ...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Get rid of Minn

Knock them out

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post

There used to be a time when the wealthy paid much more in taxes and we got along just fine. Now the corrupt GOP thinks they should pay zero all under the guise of job creation and growth. Bunch of crap if you ask me. This people live like kings, while the middle class is being destroyed at the hands of the GOP.
    Taxes do need to be raised no doubt. I consider my self some what independent, and its one thing I find puzzling about the GOP. Yes, there are ways to take in more money with lower taxes, but you need certain factors to meet that criteria. It just does not happen.
    Sometimes, when you do raise taxes you actually take less in. People will either down grade, or find other options. This usually happens when you raise capital gains taxes. However, this shouldn't be a huge problem if you raise income, taxes on people making over 350,000 (lets say).

The chart you posted, is some what misleading. No one paid those rates back then. If you think there are loopholes now for the rich, then there were black holes back then.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    isn't that the state that elected Bachmann ???

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

even if starting over not goin there

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I believe his name is Walter Williams. His books make it very clear what stealing from the rich is all about and why it is just as wrong as stealing from the poor.

First 12