Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Viperpiper View Post
    riggs and maxlock are the best... if your not following them next season... your a phucking idiot
    viper - you are straight up the man! has anyone ever told you that?

homey - when can i start paying for your plays? i heard you are a gangster wise guy on the vegas strip!

oh look - another well educated hoodlum from the Riggsy clan who promotes these lowlifes with cursing in their posts.

you stay classy san diego

kimho
    kimho's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah NFL is tough- try the free plays at hall of fame picks.. they are one of the best at nfl ive seen over the past few years.
    let me know what ya find out.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

I post all of my picks every weekend and Usually keep up with my record.... Until we go on vacation and I dont have wifi

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by emoney View Post
    Anybody who says they make money betting NFL either hasn't been doing it for very long and has just been lucky, or they are lying.

Nobody "caps" the games better than Vegas. All you are doing is flipping a coin, if you beleive otherwise, you are just kidding yourself. Don't get me wrong, I love betting NFL as much as anybody, but any bet you make against the spread or over/under is 50/50 and you will ultimately lose on the juice.

And please stop with the "money management" term. All that means is that you are betting less so you will lose your money more slowly.

sorry man but i would like to state my opinion that you're totally wrong. not trying to hate on you, just letting you know that what you have stated is not true in any way.

also i'd like to add that point spreads are generally for suckers, and your theory about losing on the juice can be corrected if you are able to correctly pick dogs on the ML, which is the only way to make money on the NFL.

and if you love the game and know the game, you will consistently be able to spot the dogs that will win.

people need to specify that its their opinion that its impossible to make money, as opposed to trying to knock others or be straight out arrogant by claiming whatever they say is right.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Anybody who says they make money betting NFL either hasn't been doing it for very long and has just been lucky, or they are lying.

Nobody "caps" the games better than Vegas. All you are doing is flipping a coin, if you beleive otherwise, you are just kidding yourself. Don't get me wrong, I love betting NFL as much as anybody, but any bet you make against the spread or over/under is 50/50 and you will ultimately lose on the juice.

And please stop with the "money management" term. All that means is that you are betting less so you will lose your money more slowly.
    You couldn't be anymore wrong.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Can I nominate for Misinformed post of the year?

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Can I nominate for Misinformed post of the year?
    or Troll post of the year

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post

viper - you are straight up the man! has anyone ever told you that?

homey - when can i start paying for your plays? i heard you are a gangster wise guy on the vegas strip!

oh look - another well educated hoodlum from the Riggsy clan who promotes these lowlifes with cursing in their posts.

you stay classy san diego
    They're lowlifes because they capped so well that they ended up being banned by SBR? Keep hating and they'll keep winning.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    There lowlifes because they capped so well that they ended up being banned by SBR? Keep hating and they'll keep winning.
    Sorry but they were restricted to posting in Sports Promos because they couldn't follow SBR's policy and refrain from touting throughout the forum. No one cares if they won or lost - in fact, employees don't pay attention to that stuff. I know it ruins the tale that followers like to spin, but it's true. Unfortunately the touting is continuing to happen and anyone else who cannot follow those policies will also be restricted. If you or any other poster is unsure of what SBR's policies are about overt or subversive advertising, please see the FAQ's at the bottom of the page.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Quote Originally Posted by Viperpiper View Post
    I enjoyed my 28,000 bucks from them at 100 per unit....

good to hear it

Viperpiper
    Viperpiper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

You're welcome...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    just fade every lock thread on SBR, and you'll be the best capper on the board.

Go with this and you'll be buying that new T.V. in no time

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

givemecake,

I read every post in the thread, and if I were you I'd ignore this entire thread except the ones who told you to learn how to do it yourself. Almost every post was absolute garbage.

NFL is too hard to beat - garbage
    Only cap totals - garbage
    Only bet against the public - absolutely retarded
    Vegas is the only winner - not even close
    Study projected wins - are you frickin' kidding me?
    Good cappers have the games capped by Monday - this is fairy tale propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Lots of lunacy in this thread.......................

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

The key to winning NFL is to be the book. After that only play dumb money, and drop all smart money. Ah I sound like bodog.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Read SBR, come up with your own opinion.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart45 View Post
    Good cappers have the games capped by Monday - this is fairy tale propaganda
    Curious to know why this is "fairy tale propaganda". Unless you're looking at dogs, extreme weather, or key injury info what is the point of waiting? The value of overnight/early lines over the course of a season cannot be understated enough (not to mention the odd opportunity to middle). The lines are sharp enough as it is, so the earlier you are prepared the better.

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

You guys make me laugh.

Keep flipping those coins and throwing those darts.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    The NFL can be beat and if I didn't think so it wouldn't be my main sport of focus. It's interesting that you say totals are the best bet when in fact they jumped the shark last season. Tried and true methods that involve proven strategies all went out the window last year. Average lines for totals jumped 3-4 points and overs continued to hit at an unprecedented rate despite weather, playoffs, etc etc.

The spread is sharp, but it's not as sharp as people say they are. I do agree with your last statement though. Betting overnight lines and finding the best numbers on Monday are absolutely essential for value. If you haven't capped the coming weekend before the previous MNF game has kicked off yet, then you don't know what you're doing. For the most part, dogs are games you can bet on since the squares give you a more favorable number late in the week--although you have to know which dogs to wait on and which to jump. A lot of times undervalued dogs get a great number on the opening line and if you don't jump it the sharps will make it disappear quickly.

Money management is VERY important, but 5% of your bankroll is where you should top out. If you are betting up to 25% on a single game you'll be bankrupt before the season is done.

You are spot on. Some years totals are tougher to beat than others. Those that handicap versus those that study tape will have major differences. I had a great year last year on totals via study via gametape. I was lucky, though. I've had down years with totals... But I wouldn't call 51% terrible (my worst year, although it is at a loss). Playin dogs that are well researched is ALWAYS the path to beating things, but I can give you years where it was crap... Those years are tough.

I agree with EVERY point you make, but our philosiphy is likely very different. I, also agree, that there are waaaay better places to get your money in, in other sports. For me, though, it's not only the data, it's studying tape and analyzing a dickload of things that go beyond standard variation. There's just something about NFL betting that makes it worthwhile. It's brutal. Beating spreads is very hard unless you get in early or shop very well.

I figure my perspective is different from others in how I cap. I'm not brilliant by any stretch. The NFL is brutal. It's hard to cap probability of your QB going out (ala Brady did vs the Chiefs 2 yrs back), but that, to me, has to be a factor. That's why it's VERY hard to beat and that's why I love it.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Pags

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Sorry but they were restricted to posting in Sports Promos because they couldn't follow SBR's policy and refrain from touting throughout the forum. No one cares if they won or lost - in fact, employees don't pay attention to that stuff. I know it ruins the tale that followers like to spin, but it's true. Unfortunately the touting is continuing to happen and anyone else who cannot follow those policies will also be restricted. If you or any other poster is unsure of what SBR's policies are about overt or subversive advertising, please see the FAQ's at the bottom of the page.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SBR receive a percentage of player's losses from the books if they signed up thru SBR?
    If this is the case, then isn't it safe to assume that SBR might scrutinize successful cappers even more?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SBR receive a percentage of player's losses from the books if they signed up thru SBR?
    If this is the case, then isn't it safe to assume that SBR might scrutinize successful cappers even more?
    Your right. That's why they let trolls run rampant on winning threads.

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Send JM an email and tell him you want to Win 50 grand this year and I am sure for 199.00 he will give you exact instrustions on how to do it.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Send JM an email and tell him you want to Win 50 grand this year and I am sure for 199.00 he will give you exact instrustions on how to do it.

Man, i haven't heard JM's name mentioned for a long time but that is definitely funny!!! I'm sure he has some new system this year!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There are always trolls when you win. I had a thread last year where I went 25-2 in 4 weeks of college football with a simple system I developed based on opening lines and people were trolling questioning the system trying to find faults. Who cares how the system works? If you don't like it fade it and get burned doing it.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The season hasn't even started yet... and everyone is jocking for position LOL As long as you were +$1.00 at the end of the season... consider yourself lucky... and you enjoyed some great entertainment.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

the first 5 weeks in NFL I'm probably the best the next 4 im ususally solid then the 4 after that I'm terrible then I go up to being solid to end the season then Im usually amazing in the playoffs

footballchamp76
    footballchamp76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riggs & Maxlock is where it is for NFL advice..Riggs has had a three year track record on SBR at 60% documented , and maxlock (although brief on SBR) did post an amazing 41-22 ATS (65%) documented.

I'm basing my bets according to these guys.

GL peeps
    Last edited by footballchamp76; 07-25-11 at 04:47 PM.

himeshforex
    himeshforex's Avatar Become A Pro!

king of monash hands down

First 123