Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Carson Palmer Sells Cincy Home for $1.915 Million...

So he sold his house for $200K less than he was originally asking for... I guess he means business when he said he wanted out of Cincy...

With Carson gone I doubt the Bengals will improve from their 4-12 season, I'd say the best they could do is improve to a 6-10 and that might change if they decide to go with the 18 game schedule...

I know a bunch of you say Carson is over the hill, but Honestly I think he's a great QB and could do wonders for another team if Brown got his head out of his ASS!!! I think he could get better value if he simply traded him and left his fukin ego aside. He'd be a great fit for San Francisco IMO...

Be Cool

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

he is coming to miami

Dax

Now that would be something I'd like to see. Him and Brandon Marshall (if he doesn't get stabbed again) will be a lethal combination... the only thing that would fuk Miami up would be that the Wild Cat play wouldn't be as effective...

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey Dax I guess he is serious when he said he was never playing for Cinn. again

tcmoody99
    tcmoody99's Avatar Become A Pro!

raiders are gonna get em. **** campbell

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

whats impressive is that he sold a $2 mil house in this market for close to asking price.

as a qb, hes cost me so much money throwing tds for the other teams already.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Must not follow the Bengals if you think we won't improve without him. Carson Palmer was a turnover machine last year. Also we had a very very difficult schedule last season, this year we have the 3rd easiest I believe. We will bounce back and put the focus back on the run game and our strong D.
    Points Awarded:

4TH AND STUPID gave Bengals28 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tcmoody99 View Post
    Like to see him with the Raiders

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    So he sold his house for $200K less than he was originally asking for... I guess he means business when he said he wanted out of Cincy...

With Carson gone I doubt the Bengals will improve from their 4-12 season, I'd say the best they could do is improve to a 6-10 and that might change if they decide to go with the 18 game schedule...

I know a bunch of you say Carson is over the hill, but Honestly I think he's a great QB and could do wonders for another team if Brown got his head out of his ASS!!! I think he could get better value if he simply traded him and left his fukin ego aside. He'd be a great fit for San Francisco IMO...

Be Cool

with all due respect bro, your post is terrible!!

carson palmer is horrible. for somebody who makes lines you should know better! he is the main thing holding cincy back and his departure automatically improves the win column by +2 ..minimum

as a hardcore football fan i am apalled by your view on this frachise. carson is awful and im stunned you feel differently

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by tcmoody99 View Post
    I'd love to see that happen.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The games I watched the past couple of seasons had me seeing a Carson Palmer with absolutely no zip on the ball. Good head, less than average arm, great name, bad game quarterback. A middle of the pack starter, nothing more nothing less.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

have there been more over rated QBs come into the league (that had semi good to great college careers) than out of USC? Maybe the guys from BYU that played for Lavelle Edwards, But I suppose a Steve Young and a Jim Mcmahon could excuse the 10 or 12 other stiffs who won every collegiate award imaginable but sucked in the NFL.

Palmer had that one magic year when their defense was decent and they beat up on a bunch of overrated competition in the Pac 10 then beat up on a Big 10 patsy that was ranked way higher than they should have been. So he was seen as a lot more than he really was. Other than his senior season (his 5th season actually) he wasnt all that great. Wasnt even good actually. But neither was USC for the most part at that point. So he got cut some slack I suppose. But neither he, nor Leinart, or Booty (who had a better starter record than Palmer did), and even Sanchez, I think he is as over rated as the others, but he gets way too much credit for only having a few NCAA starts, havent done too much in the NFL. Sure Sanchez made the AFC championship game two years in a row, but mostly as a tag along, with that defense if he was even moderately good they would have cashed one in. All he had to do was be better than Roethlisberger in the 'dont make any mistakes' department.
    Points Awarded:

SBR_John gave wantitall4moi 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

guy is a terrible quarter back!

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

guy has had a rough career thus far, but he does have the talent, you never know he could have one big season left

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

sadly the bengals owner wont trade him

benjamincarm
    benjamincarm's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is out of there IMO.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Guys just a businessman. Asking for 2 million selling for 1.9 is not bad deal at all in this economy. Guy could get into real estate when his careers over.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meanwhile Ocho Cinco sells his dildo collection

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

Once free agency starts, hes still going to field many offers

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

who the hell would choose to live in cincy?

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11099

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    who the hell would choose to live in cincy?
    I live in Cincinnati

He may be a good fit elsewhere, but Brown won't trade him. He is as stubborn as they come.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody's getting what they're asking for in real estate these days, certainly not some washed-up quarterback in Cincinnati. You'd probably have to pay me $1.915 million to move to Ohio.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

In this climate, sellers typically ask 100k+ more than they should for that price range, so as to let the buyer think they are getting a great deal.
    Closing costs were about 100k more, so the net was roughly 1.8 million.
    Should not matter at all to Palmer with his contract.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

we will be playing in a better team.. sucks if browns or bengals draft u.. its a hell hole

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    with all due respect bro, your post is terrible!! carson palmer is horrible. for somebody who makes lines you should know better! he is the main thing holding cincy back and his departure automatically improves the win column by +2 ..minimum as a hardcore football fan i am apalled by your view on this frachise. carson is awful and im stunned you feel differently
    Granted Palmer hasn't been the same after his knee Injury back in 2006 (which was potentially a Career-ending blow) and his elbow injury in 2008, but if you check his stats for the 2005 season he was getting of to a great start in his 3rd year as a pro with over 3000 passing yards, 32 touchdowns and only 12 interceptions and a 101.1 pass rate %, And on the YEAR of his Injury (2006) he had over 4000 passing yards, 28 TD's and 13INT with a 93.9 pass rate %, taking the team to the playoffs... SO, and with all due respect from one Football fan to another, I don't understand how you can say that he's the one holding Cincy back, if anything he brought Cincy up a Notch... and if he would have been able to stay healthy I'm pretty sure that he could have continued to improve and be a top 10 rating QB. NOW to Clarify I'm Not a Cincy Fan but I know that Palmer had the talent and could have done wonders for the Bengals...

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

might be the worst qb in the league

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24752

I'd like to see him come down to Miami; think it would be a good fit.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    might be the worst qb in the league
    I'm always up for a good debate. what do you base yourself to make these claims?? Cuz I doubt it's his stats...

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Redskins should get him, he would be a king there

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

fwiw Vikings being mentioned for Palmer on ESPN radio earlier this week.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is cincy just going to let him walk?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He needs to go to a running team and be a game manager, because that arm is shot.

Dax

I heard that the Seahawks were looking at him... Cincy should just f'n trade him and get some value outta him since he's not gonna play at all for the Bengals...

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I'm always up for a good debate. what do you base yourself to make these claims?? Cuz I doubt it's his stats...

Palmer is definitely not the worst QB in pro football. That honor goes to Jake Delhomme followed closely by Jimmy Clausen. But I did see Carson Palmer play live last year and he has lost all of his arm strength. He was floating balls up in the air for easy interceptions. Maybe he just had a dead arm.

12 Last