View Poll Results: Who has had the better career? Randy Moss or T.O.?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Randy Moss

26 50.98%
  • Terrell Owens

25 49.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Moss. Straight cash homey!

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

No one fukking cares.. OP is an idiot..

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

This is a tough debate. I'll give TO the 'better career', only just.
    You see, as big of a turkey TO is, the guy works hard and plays hard. Moss, IMO, HAD the potential to be the best WR ever to play the game.... But Moss is more than a donkey, he's just a dumbarse. When broadcasters show Moss blocking as a 'highlight' of a play, that's bad (it usually has 0 to do with the play). TO always blocked. He's everywhere as good as, say Hines Ward (one of the top blocking WRs to ever play the game in the modern era). Moss, when he blocks, he's horrible. He fans a TON, if he even tries. When I watch tape of both receivers, Moss takes TONS of plays 'off'. I see TO working very very hard almost every play.

If Moss took 1 page outta TO's workbook, he could've been top 5 all time. If Moss listened to Chris Carter, he'd be the best WR of all time. PURE talent, Moss wins, hands down. But 90% of the game is half mental (to quote the Yogi). Moss is a disaster, mentally. TO is ALSO a disaster, off the field, but not on it. Owens works hard on the field. Moss, however, does when he wants to. If Moss wasn't such a headcase, he could've been a top 5 all time player in the NFL. Easily the top WR. EASY. He just isn't there.

Now, if you want HOF votes, I'm on the fence with both players, which, to me, is usually not HOF material. I would probably vote in Moss after some time. Same goes for TO. They both FIT criteria for 'first ballot', but f'n hell, Andre Reed and Chris Carter are not in, yet. Carter is every bit as good as Owens and Moss, if not better, overall. Outside of Jerry Kramer, Carter and Terrell Davis - these are the best players not in the hall, yet. Some day, the voters will realize that Davis' career MAULED Gayle Sayers. Both had little shelf life, but Davis was the TOP back in a league that had Faulk, Sanders and Emmitt, all 3 were first ballot, just saying. Pardon the tangent.

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

Definitely have to go with Moss on this one!

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

I would have to say Moss in a close call. Moss just made it seem so easy at times.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

moss is physically the most gifted receiver ever to play the game. but mentally no one outside of jerry rice wants to win more than terrell. moss a.k.a. 'i play when i wanna' has shut it down on multiple occasions, especially his years in oakland. t.o. never has and never will. incredible work ethic on the field.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Wow!!!! 15-14. You guys know your stuff. I thought Moss would be the runaway winner even though I voted for TO.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I can't believe some think these guy are not HOFers clearly #2 and 3 receivers of all time. Guys like Carter, Reed, Monk, and Swann could not shine their shoes.

TO was more complete but Moss still better because of the vertical and red zone threat he was

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

would want moss in his prime anyday over T.O

pool shark505
    pool shark505's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17481

Owens is obviously a better choice given his stability.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I think both will be in the Hall. Owens was a great WR, but in the last few years he didn't want to go over the middle and he drops a bunch of very catchable balls. However he has complied a bunch of great stats, going just off that he should be a first ballot HOF. Who knows if writers will hold back because of how he has treated his quarterback's and team-mates.

I think Randy Moss even though he has less overall stats is the better WR. In his prime I think Moss was the best ever.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I can't believe some think these guy are not HOFers clearly #2 and 3 receivers of all time. Guys like Carter, Reed, Monk, and Swann could not shine their shoes.

TO was more complete but Moss still better because of the vertical and red zone threat he was
    Possible production/achievements/stats < players who play it hard and produce and don't f over their teams.
    Comparing Carter to Moss is doomed for failure. Neither won a ring, but 1 guy had probably the 'best' hands of the modern era, and it's not TO norst Moss.
    Even putting Swann into the 'top receiver' category is laughable.. Swann was fantastic. Definitly a HOF'r compared to his era... But he's not on the level of many many other receivers. The modern age of receivers is very very deep and oft-overlooked. Guys like Jimmy Smith won't get into the hall, yet, he's every bit as talented as his peers.

I guess you have to watch players hard to see how they 'get it done'. Moss shows up on ESPN. TO shows up on ESPN, but also on tape. Moss has talent to be a top 5 ALL TIME player, along with Payton, Jimmy Brown, but he doesn't play every play... And that's why Moss is the best player in the NFL that no one cares about.

Chris Carter worked hard EVERY play and was amazing. Moss is amazing when he works hard. Sadly, talent does NOT equal productivity in the NFL. There's almost no argument. But then again, if ESPN is your only opinion, then you're right on par with most of the HOF voters, and popularity trumps proper talent.

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

randy moss, no doubt. to was a joke.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Moss actually played. TO just complained.

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moss hand down with a super bowl ring to show.

birdmanweezy
    $$$ Fly In Any Weather $$$
    birdmanweezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

TO all the way, he has had a much better career than Moss, although they are both hall of famers

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Tom Brady is not better than Steve Young, and Moss only played about 36 games with Brady out of his long career
    The numbers disagree with the first point and the second. Just saying.

rm18
    Update your status

how many games did he play with brady

Young has a higher passer rating and was a better runner although Brady greatest QB sneaker of all times.

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

TO can catch a pass in the middle of the field....and take the shot thats comin to him from the safety or linebacker...and his performance when the Eagles made the super bowl comin off that injury was amazing! So my answer is TO

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt360 View Post
    Moss hand down with a super bowl ring to show.
    Did he make a Heroic Tyree type catch after Plexico made his game winner after the clock hit :00? Other than that scenario Moss shouldn't have a Super Bowl ring.

rm18
    Update your status

Moss played on the two winningest team of all time '07 Pats and 98 Vikings, and both teams were barely over .500 before he arrived thread over.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well moss culd of been one of the best receivers ever, but he is just too damn lazy, does not play every play 100%.
    So my pick is TO, since he did play hard , just had problems catching the damn ball sometimes.

Here is too hoping we get 2 see both again playing this year.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moss....................

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember Cunningham and Culpepper throwing bombs to Moss. The Pats had a crazy year with Moss too. TO is more of a pain which took away from his career

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    No one fukking cares.. OP is an idiot..

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

More Moss than TO.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's very close, but I'll take Moss. Better playoff numbers and he was a key on some of the greatest offenses of all time.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

this is actually a very difficult question to answer because it is very close. One could argue that T.O. played on better teams, but I think I would have to go with randy moss. He has some magical moments in NFL highlight history.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's easily Moss isn't it? Moss was a monster when he came into the league and big force for the Pats. Forget the Oakland years. TO just a troublemaker.

First 12