Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ron Paul is the shit
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Somebody needs to tell that moron Ron Paul that declaring bankruptcy will default all the multi-trillion bonds China bought which will be considered an act of war and start WWIII.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
    Bernanke is nothing more than an academic hack
    Absolutely.

All of Ron Paul's dire fiscal/economical predictions he has made for years have nearly all come to fruition or most likely soon will.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Somebody needs to tell that moron Ron Paul that declaring bankruptcy will default all the multi-trillion bonds China bought which will be considered an act of war and start WWIII.
    fukk china. We all need to default on each other and start a new slate with something that is more valuable than a sheet of paper.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    fukk china. We all need to default on each other and start a new slate with something that is more valuable than a sheet of paper.
    Then Walmart will run out of goods within one day of the US defaulting to China. There would be a lot of pissed off people in the US if Walmart runs out of goods.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

One of the rules of politics is never telling the public you have to take a step backwards to go forward. People don't want to hear that programs need to get cut or taxes have to go up or we can't afford medicare. Ron Paul, right or wrong, tells what he thinks.

There aren't enough educated people not to vote for pro politicians. How great would it be if you had to pass a test to vote? The main requirement would be just proving a basic knowledge of any one of the optional categories including economics, foreign relations, healthcare, energy, education.

Even the news media who calls the races knows it's about how the candidates look and their image. CNN is ranking people after the debate on who looks presidential. What the hell is looking presidential? Why dont we get the guy from the west wing tv show up there. He's a lock.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ralphie Halves

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Then Walmart will run out of goods within one day of the US defaulting to China. There would be a lot of pissed off people in the US if Walmart runs out of goods.
    Fk em, let em burn

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19150

Unfortunately, the value of the vote has been diminished over time by the very people that are elected by the uninformed masses.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it, and jarvol

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

the mere existence of the Federal Reserve, which is neither federal nor a reserve (talk amongst yourselves), is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated upon any people ever. they've been both devaluing our currency and making themselves rich at your expense for almost 100 years now.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11258

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Just watched Inside Job. It's hard to even fathom how ******* the economy truly is.

Hard to figure out how all this happened, talk about hurting your own people. It s like they did it with no conscience. Real disturbing not to mention the broker houses scrambling and then stabbing their investors in the back by selling them 3AAA funds with subprime loans and then pooling billions in the back door and betting against them.
    Isn t that what we call treason? So many fires to put out, it doesn t matter what your political affiliation is the people we ve put our faith in over the yrs in different segments of society have let us down tremendously.

goldstein077
    goldstein077's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got to love Ron Paul lol

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8763

Ron Paul just lost any credibility he had. What an idiot.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Ron Paul just lost any credibility he had. What an idiot.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Ron Paul for God.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: maersksealand, and LostBankroll

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Everything is only worth what you're willing to pay for it. Which is to say, its only worth what you're willing to give up in exchange. The US doesn't "print its own money" because the government delegated that authority to the Federal Reserve in 1913. Up until 1913, US money had the words "United States Note" at the top rather than "Federal Reserve Note" for that specific reason.

If you're going to blame something for your problems and tell others to do the same, the least you can do is take the time to figure out how it works (or is supposed to work, at least). When the Feds announce they're raising or lower interest rates, they're not actually flipping some magic switch that sets interest rates. What they do is they buy or sell bonds on the open market to manipulate short term rates to their target level. When you reach such ultra-low inflation and ultra-low interest rates as we have now, the only thing the Fed can do to stimulate more investment and more spending (the two things that create economic growth) is to try to manipulate long term interest rates. They do this by purchasing longer term bonds in a process known as "quantitative easing" or QE. That's the only difference between what the fed normally does and QE: the term of maturity of the bonds it buys.

It is literally impossible for inflation to go up when nobody is buying anything, because without buyers there is nothing driving up prices. America doesn't have a debt/inflation crisis, we have a wage/inequality crisis. As long as taxes are so incredibly low and Wall Street remains so deregulated a small clique of wealthy bankers will be able to limit economic growth by driving up the price of things for everyone else. You can tell this is the case because stock market volume is lower than usual, indicating that it doesn't take a lot to move prices up even though nobody is buying.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

you had the chance to STFU and you missed. you're stupidity it's an insult to human nature and evolution, I know cats smarter then you.
    Points Awarded:

wtf gave maersksealand 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wtf

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

the thing is if the US defaults so does every1 else.... who's china going to fight now, every1? for money that now doesn't exist now or ever will even if they win (lol - there can not be a winner in this war)

maybe not...

the default is coming sooner or later, better sooner.
    Last edited by subs; 06-29-11 at 08:24 PM.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Unfortunately, the value of the vote has been diminished over time by the very people that are elected by the intentionally misinformed masses.
    fixed it for u

Gdog
    Gdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

ron paul gets my vote

Shack
    Shack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ron Paul / Ross Perot ticket.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Ron Paul for God.
    I agree! Well, either him or Joe Pesci.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    Hard to figure out how all this happened, talk about hurting your own people. It s like they did it with no conscience.
    Truth is, money trumps everything. My broker had to hide his perma-smile when the US invaded Iraq. Things like thousands of dead soldiers or innocents mean nothing to many if there's no column on the spreadsheet affecting their own bottom line.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19150

Quote Originally Posted by subs View Post
    fixed it for u
    Thanks for the fix Subs, but your phrase only applies to those who at least pay SOME attention to what is going on around them that may impact their lives. A definite minority in my opinion, but you are correct.
    Points Awarded:

subs gave chunk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9523

Bernanke is wrong with just about everything he says. Subprime is contained, there is no inflation. I wouldn't trust this guy to run a lemonade stand.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Federal Reserve literally electronically credits itself and other banks with trillions of dollars out of thin air. No need to pay that disastrous institution anything. Audit the Fed, and then End the Fed. Or do the latter first, either way works for me.
    Agreed. It has to go either way. It's amazing that something as powerful as the Federal Reserve has no transparency whatsoever and they're not even a branch of the U.S. Government. It's nuts.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^agree and its just as amazing when you look back on how they got control.

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws"

Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-30-11 at 08:56 AM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

Thomas Jefferson once said:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . . The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill, (1809)
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 10:18 AM. Reason: image does not exist

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Thomas Jefferson once said:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . . The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill, (1809)
    But Jeffeson made his fortune by employing slaves and getting free labor so he didn't need a bank. Sure if I was a farmer today and I had free labor at my disposal you think I'd need to borrow from my bank?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 10:18 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

But Jeffeson made his fortune by employing slaves and getting free labor so he didn't need a bank. Sure if I was a farmer today and I had free labor at my disposal you think I'd need to borrow from my bank?
    typical liberal response. change the message, change the subject, seek
    to blame the opponent for uncorrelated circumstances and suggest equivalency.

If it makes you feel better, it was the forefathers of the bankers who shipped
    the loveable negroes to the New World.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    One of the rules of politics is never telling the public you have to take a step backwards to go forward. People don't want to hear that programs need to get cut or taxes have to go up or we can't afford medicare. Ron Paul, right or wrong, tells what he thinks.

There aren't enough educated people not to vote for pro politicians. How great would it be if you had to pass a test to vote? The main requirement would be just proving a basic knowledge of any one of the optional categories including economics, foreign relations, healthcare, energy, education.

Even the news media who calls the races knows it's about how the candidates look and their image. CNN is ranking people after the debate on who looks presidential. What the hell is looking presidential? Why dont we get the guy from the west wing tv show up there. He's a lock.
    If you passed some type of literacy test, 25% of the voters in this nation would not be allolwed to vote. The number jumps to well over 50% of minoritites, such as Blaccks and Hispanics. The Liberals would never allow that to happen.

Ron Paul's problem is that he has all kinds of ideas, and absolutely no way of implementing these ideas. People who like him are idealists. Unfortunatelyh for them, we realists run the world.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

Ron Paul's problem is that he has all kinds of ideas, and absolutely no way of implementing these ideas. People who like him are idealists. Unfortunatelyh for them, we realists run the world.
    And who do you vote for that's going to make a difference? Who out of the Republican party (or Democratic party) isn't a "cookie cutter" politician who's going to do the same ******* thing as every other politician before them.

Who's that person and why????

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

LOL. Perhaps but thoses realists have been ruining America for decades and it is now nearing the precipice. It is getting close to nut cutting time.....a time for, what most would describe as, drastic changes or the end of America as we have grown up knowing it.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

crikey. so much dumb...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you passed some type of literacy test, 25% of the voters in this nation would not be allolwed to vote. The number jumps to well over 50% of minoritites, such as Blaccks and Hispanics. The Liberals would never allow that to happen.

Would the literacy test include basic spelling?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6746

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    I saw some old dude today doing this picture in real life on a street corner, just instead of a bell he had a Bible and it said more than "The end is near".... oh and he had more hair than Homer does

First 123 Last