shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Learn the game is nadal was injured he would not be -500 on the grass vs a decent opponent. Maybe if he kept the injury a secret but once it goes public all over the media that nadal is hurt etc etc... books would find out the real info and if he was truely hurt he would be probably a slight favorite not -500
    Yep, you're exactly right. In smaller tournaments there's always more of a chance that injuries won't be reflected in the line because fewer people pay attention or even bet those tourneys but not in a Slam. If anything, Nadal's probably a bit underpriced right now because bettors are throwing money on the injury theory. People need to remember that this is Mardy Fish we're talking about. I'm not saying he doesn't have a shot to win as any player does on any given day. But to bet based on Nadal being injured isn't the wisest idea imo.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Well said.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Fish may take a set or two to a tiebreak but can't seem him beating Nadal here..

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Nadal is a drama queen, he wishes he was playing football (soccer) so he could roll about and pretend to be injured, he isn't injured he was running about like road runner against Del Potro.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am playing Fish as well and I also like Lopez +7 1/2 games against Murray.
    Last edited by BET THE HOOK; 06-29-11 at 08:35 AM. Reason: mispelled word

dzzznutz
    dzzznutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

fish wont win a set, nadal is in destroy mode 6-2 6-4 6-4

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

small play on Fish is the only way to fly here.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

all in on nadal/andrea parlay

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    He's not injured. If you're betting based on that or hoping for a retirement, you may wish to reconsider.

Defending champion Rafael Nadal said on Tuesday he will be fit to play his Wimbledon quarter-final against Mardy Fish after a scan revealed he had not suffered a serious left foot injury.

The world No.1 suffered the injury in the first set of Monday's last 16 win over Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro and immediately revealed that his future participation in the tournament was in doubt.

But the 25-year-old revealed on his Facebook page that he will be fit to tackle Fish on Wednesday.

"Yesterday after the match I went to take an MRI at a London hospital," he said.

"During the match I thought I had something serious. But as the match went on the pain got better and thankfully the tests don't show an injury."

"Today I will practice at 4.30pm and I'll play tomorrow. Thanks all for the support."
    that says the pain got better not completely went away and by the tests not showing an injury- he means theres no kind of tear or sprain or break or anything like that.

we know he's playing or we wouldnt be betting on him. you dont get paid for a walkover.

secondly, i took fish because of the way hes striking the ball lately- its going to cancel out a lot of nadals speed and agility advantages he usually has.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Nadal got no injury, Fade Fish. Nadal is a lock.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    that says the pain got better not completely went away and by the tests not showing an injury- he means theres no kind of tear or sprain or break or anything like that. we know he's playing or we wouldnt be betting on him. you dont get paid for a walkover. secondly, i took fish because of the way hes striking the ball lately- its going to cancel out a lot of nadals speed and agility advantages he usually has.
    Glitch, I'm the biggest dog lover out there so I totally understand and I wish you the best of luck with your bet. I'm on the opposite side as I have Nadal in a parlay but it's all good

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

thanks and i definitely understand what everyones saying too. rafas the best player in the world. id wish you goodluck also but you shouldnt need it. +500ish in this situation just seemed like it was worth a small play.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I keep forgetting how lame is Fish against TOP 3

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nadal burying him

Americans suck in tennis

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO