ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Anyone ever deal with CC fraud on their card???

Logged onto my online banking account tonight to see about $400 worth of fraudulent transactions. One purchase was for cheap fukking furniture, and two were for fukking wigs.

Anyone ever have this happen? I know it's hard to prove online transactions to be fraudulent so I'm a little concerned. Don't even know how this happened. I have my card in my possession. I recently sent photos of my card to the book I play at to authorize withdrawals. I suspect some foul play. I could be wrong so I'm not gonna name the book, but that's my suspicion
    Last edited by ROFLcopter; 06-25-11 at 03:12 AM.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just ********** the transactions that you didn't make.

ROFLcopter

Yeah I already did. But if the bank can't prove that the purchases were fake, then they take back the money. Not sure how it works or how they go about proving an internet purchase was fake when these fukkers had my info in the first place

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

After seeing the Videos JJ put's up I think we have are man. Cheap Furniture and 2 Wigs.. JJ u barreled in again man??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If it's wigs it's definitely JJ who hacked your account.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Last year I was taken for over 17k in fraudulent charges to my company account. It took the bank nearly 3 months to get all my money back. They (the bank) spent months trying to find out who it was making all these purchases and transactions. I literally had to go one by one down my bank statement and call every single company who charged the card. Eventually I got lucky and a cust service rep from nike online gave me the address the products were shipped to, (even though he said it was illegal for him to do that).
    The fukking people who stole my card even paid their god dammed power bill with the card, and the power company three states away from me would not disclose who used my card, said it would have to be subpoena for the information in court. What a croc of shit, but I hope you get your money back fella. Whether its ten dollars or ten thousand, it really sucks especially if its during a slow part of the year.

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I had this happen to me (not the wig part) but I did have fraudelent transactions. Should be no problem to get your money back if you did not make purchases, I had no problem. Also, whenver you send your card to a book, take the pic to photoshop and "black out" the *** number. This makes it much more difficult for others to use your card. I have always done this and have never been questioned about it...hope this ends well for you.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Last year I was taken for over 17k in fraudulent charges to my company account. It took the bank nearly 3 months to get all my money back. They (the bank) spent months trying to find out who it was making all these purchases and transactions. I literally had to go one by one down my bank statement and call every single company who charged the card. Eventually I got lucky and a cust service rep from nike online gave me the address the products were shipped to, (even though he said it was illegal for him to do that).
    The fukking people who stole my card even paid their god dammed power bill with the card, and the power company three states away from me would not disclose who used my card, said it would have to be subpoena for the information in court. What a croc of shit, but I hope you get your money back fella. Whether its ten dollars or ten thousand, it really sucks especially if its during a slow part of the year.

wow...unreal. did they get arrested ?

in2thethickofit

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Dam, mine was only a couple hundred. Any arrests made?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    wow...unreal. did they get arrested ?
    No idea, but surely they have. The address I was given by nike was nearly 500 miles away, so I never went there to look for anyone. I did however know a guy within 10 minutes of the place, and had him ride by , it turned out to be an abandoned house. The thief was using that address to have products shipped to. After I did the bank's homework and found out where all this stuff was being shipped to, they started crediting me back the money almost instantly. As of yet, I have not received the overdrawn charges (almost 4k worth) I am still waiting on it to be given back. Its a real fiasco.

However, why in the world they would think they could pay a powerbill and it not blow up in their face I have no idea? The funny thing is though when I called their power company, the people told me they could not disclose any information as it would be a violation of some identity protection act. I told those fuckks you are now hiding the criminal and screwing over the one that actually had their information stolen. Needless to say if I did drive that far, the power company would have been a must stop at place so I could drag that fat whore outside by her hair and beat her senseless with a garden hose. It was a huge headache to deal with for quite a while.

in2thethickofit

cant cal lit, it is just like alot of other criminals who end up getting caught because of greed and a "can't catch me" attitude. they may have been smarter at the beginning but then slipped up and made a stupid mistake. criminals suck, hope the 4k comes back to you...

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some info to help you guys out: When disputing a charge, most banks give you back the money next morning and worry about solving it later (if you falsely ********** that's when you will incur heavy penalties, probably lose the account and definitely the money that was falsely disputed, in other words if you make a purchase and say it wasnt you and they find out it was you you are in deep sh*t!!). Most of the time no company will release the personal information of any client unless there is a court order. Let's say you owe me $5,000. I know your CC number, if they didnt require a subpeana, I could just call and say I need the address because you were making purchases with "my" card then just show up at your house for my $5,000 (terrible example, I know just trying to give some insight). More times than not people are telling the truth about their card being stolen and needing the address but there are some cases where people attempt to steal personal info to attack or steal from a person. I feel bad for you though pal cause I know it's a lengthy and difficult process. I hope everything works out for you buddy, and I am very confident it will just make you sure you tell 100% truth 100% of the time.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Is this a DC drawing straight from your bank, or CC?

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Get a fcking safety deposit box and only put cash in accounts when you need to pay stuff off people.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If it's wigs it's definitely JJ who hacked your account.

2 wigs, though. I would definitely suspect JJ, but would take a look at Peter Loshak as well. Might have been a joint effort by them.

ROFLcopter

Quote Originally Posted by in2thethickofit View Post
    I had this happen to me (not the wig part) but I did have fraudelent transactions. Should be no problem to get your money back if you did not make purchases, I had no problem. Also, whenver you send your card to a book, take the pic to photoshop and "black out" the *** number. This makes it much more difficult for others to use your card. I have always done this and have never been questioned about it...hope this ends well for you.

Yup i always black out the security code as well. I have the card in my possession so i don't know how this happened. Maybe it was JJ or the girls i talk to on my phone sex chat lines

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

I never have personally, but my parents were taken for about $4g about 2 years ago. I guess somehow the crook got their Home Depot card and went crazy with it buying all sorts of shit. They also had their CC and they were also paying their power bills.....dipshits.

They eventually found out where the people lived somehow and it was a little town about 20 minutes outside of their home in Fresno. The crooks had a ton of other fraud charges from a while back.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Get a fcking safety deposit box and only put cash in accounts when you need to pay stuff off people.
    No......just get a card to use for online purchases only and keep the limit low at $500 or so.