Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Fans of The Wire and The Sopranos, did you ever watch Brotherhood? Great f'n show!!

I just discovered it at the library while I was looking for stuff to watch.

It's an hour-long drama series that ran for three seasons on Showtime starting five years ago.

It's obviously inspired by the true story of the Bulger brothers, because it's set in Providence, RI, and is about a family man who's a politician and his brother the gangster who returns to town after being away for several years. Like I said, it plays like a cross between The Wire and The Sopranos, it's great!

Just terrific acting and writing. It should have been a huge hit, but I think a lot of people missed it. Showtime must have not gotten the word out enough, because the quality is right there with The Sopranos, which was a massive hit. Too bad, it should still be going. Anyway, I'm a tough critic and I can vouch for the quality -- really good shit, check it out!!!

I can't wait to pick up Season 2...

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

There will never be another Avon Barksdale or Tony Soprano those are classics .Game of Thrones is pretty good because of the tit action.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

thks for the heads up I will watch it..huge fan here and miss these shows along with Lucky Larry..Deadwood too

vcj16
    vcj16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

Game of Thrones is the best show right now until breaking bad starts again

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    thks for the heads up I will watch it..huge fan here and miss these shows along with Lucky Larry..Deadwood too
    Cool, Strait, you will thank me for sure -- let me know, 'kay? It gets better as it goes too.

They'll never be another The Wire, but it's good to know there are other great shows out there!

As for great shows still running, I'm psyched for the return of True Blood on Sunday Breaking Bad on July 17, and Dexter in September!

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Capy....watched Brotherhood since it started. They kind of piggybacked on the whole Mob thing with the Sopranos, just made it the Irish.

I really liked the first couple of seasons, but it seemed to go downhill pretty quickly after that. Have you ever heard Tommy Caffee speak when not in character? He's got about the thickest Australian accent I've ever heard. Unreal that he could pass as a Rhode Islander as well as he did.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Capy....watched Brotherhood since it started. They kind of piggybacked on the whole Mob thing with the Sopranos, just made it the Irish.

I really liked the first couple of seasons, but it seemed to go downhill pretty quickly after that. Have you ever heard Tommy Caffee speak when not in character? He's got about the thickest Australian accent I've ever heard. Unreal that he could pass as a Rhode Islander as well as he did.
    Opie, I didn't finish reading your second paragraph because I don't want to be pre-influenced... but glad to find someone that watched and enjoyed the show... I'm picking up season 2 from the library today!

Just a shame that some really awesome acting performances and a solid storyline went mostly unnoticed by the public!

Some of the "side" characters are just awesome... I LOVE the Pete McGonagle character... Decco... Mo... they're all great really.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

thanks, will have to check that out on netflix

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Falcon, think the streaming ends on 7/1. Watched the first 2 years, got a little stale toward the end of season 2. Still worth a watch.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14742

Quote Originally Posted by lemart5 View Post
    There will never be another Avon Barksdale or Tony Soprano those are classics .Game of Thrones is pretty good because of the tit action.
    I agree on the tit action with Game of Thrones.

Camelot on Starz was good for that as well

orioles
    orioles's Avatar Become A Pro!

You want "The Wire"? I can take you on a tour and you can experience the real thing. Homocide too. Both Simon.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by orioles View Post
    You want "The Wire"? I can take you on a tour and you can experience the real thing. Homocide too. Both Simon.
    Not following. You mean a tour of inner-city Baltimore, or another David Simon show? I would def check out your real tour if it were safe!

HenryHill
    HenryHill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watched all 3 seasons when they orginally aired on showtime a few years back. GREAT SHOW.

However, The Sopranos is the best show in television history.

bossyamber
    bossyamber's Avatar Become A Pro!

Omg I love that show!!!..wooohooo!!!!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by bossyamber View Post
    Omg I love that show!!!..wooohooo!!!!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Bump for the Sunday morning crowd.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Is it on demand? I've never heard of it but I loved the sopranos. I'll have to find it

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Is it on demand? I've never heard of it but I loved the sopranos. I'll have to find it
    No, not On Demand right now (although you never know when Showtime could put it on there)... use your library network or Netflix. Enjoy!