ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

Full Tilt Poker Gave Loans to Players Without Telling Them

Full Tilt Poker Gave Loans to Players Without Telling Them

In a well-written article appearing on the pages of Subject poker, writer Noah Stephens-Davidowitz points out what he says was one of the worst kept secrets surrounding Full Tilt Poker and its most interesting “loan program”.

Turns out FTP was loaning money to players without telling them, or so that is the claim.
    From at least September of 2010 to February of 2011, Full Tilt Poker was crediting funds to US player accounts for deposits that never left their bank accounts.
    This, Stephens-Davidowitz contends, was done via the *************** deposit method that had helped build Full Tilt Poker into the second largest online poker room in the world.
    FTP had a rationale for doing this. Charges against payment processor Bradley Franzen helped shed light on what was going on.
    This (failure to credit funds) was not simply an accident, as many had suspected. Full Tilt Poker was actually accepting deposits and crediting player accounts without payment processors in place to collect the money. Full Tilt had effectively given players loans without telling them, under the assumption that they could collect the debt later. According to numerous sources inside both Full Tilt and PokerStars, FTP viewed this as an opportunity to gain US customers who were unable to deposit on Stars. This activity was so rampant that, according to Franzen’s allocution, the shortfall reached $60 million at its peak. Even for a company of Full Tilt’s size, that is a very large amount of money.
    Considering Full Tilt Poker knew they were under investigation, to say this was “reckless behavior” (assuming the story to be true) would have to be one of the biggest understatements of the year.
    To date, US players have not been paid by Full Tilt Poker. Another indicted online poker company, PokerStars, meanwhile, has paid its customers in full.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-24-15 at 11:14 AM. Reason: image does not exist

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is true this happened with FTP through the A.C.H deposit method I had several deposits of $500 $1400$and$1200 credited to my account but only to have Full Tilt come after the money 6months later.They sent emails claiming processor backups .It wasn't
    good business to do this and it probably caused customers to incur overdraft fees.

csm506
    csm506's Avatar Become A Pro!

No kidding can I have some

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Used a hedge fund I heard.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

LOL, damn it only if I knew this before it went under.. Just my luck lol..

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

So that's why the games were so loose .

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

this is old news and quite well known

ttwarrior1

id say 2 percent of poker players know and about 1 percent of sbr.

ttwarrior1

ttwarrior4 on skype, over 1k members in our poker skype room

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a scam!

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    What a scam!
    Why?, they where just giving credit to the customers.