cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Is Auburn football undervalued according to Vegas?

They are an underdog in all 8 games that are listed. Five of their opponents are favored by 9 or more points.
    Is Auburn really that bad? I do not think so.
    They always have a strong running game, and even though they lost a bunch of Oline, they will have plenty of more big guys to step in and take those starting spots.
    Everyone knows the big question is who will QB the Tigers this year.
    The worst I can recall Auburn doing in recent years is the 5-7 in 2008 when Bama blistered them in a 36-0 shutout game.
    If I can recall correctly that was with K Burns in his freshman year, who was flaky at best.
    Here are the Vegas numbers that were tweeted by Andrew Gribble.

Mississippi State a 1-point favorite
    @ Clemson a 5-point favorite
    @ South Carolina a 9-point favorite
    @ Arkansas a 9-point favorite
    vs Florida a 3-point favorite
    @ LSU 11-point favorite
    @ Georgia a 9-point favorite
    vs Alabama a 12-point favorite

I just cannot see them losing eight games next year.
    What games would you take Auburn ML?
    What games would you take Auburn + points?

Talk to me guys. As a football fanatic, I have season tickets to auburn home games. I am an Alabama fan, but football is football, and T-town is 3 hours away. Auburn stadium is three beers walking distance.
    As a gambler, I would like your insight into these games.

I like Au + vs Ga, Usce
    I like Au ML vs UF

Discuss

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

uga and uf are gonna tap that ass for sure

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Don't they have to replace the whole OL and QB? Good luck with that in the SEC. Better get out the checkbook.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

idk where all those games are being played but auburn will blow real bad this year

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

They suck. Vegas isn't wrong often

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Auburn lost ALOT of talent.

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Shittt everyone is out for revenge on Auburn this season, better believe that!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonCock View Post
    Shittt everyone is out for revenge on Auburn this season, better believe that!
    exactly
    They were lucky to win 4 games last year, won't happen 2 years in a row

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's going to be tough with so few starters returning.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't they have like 5 starters returning? Gonna be a completely different team.

benjamincarm
    benjamincarm's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they get Russell Wilson they will be a decent team.

NSN21
    NSN21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7886

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    They are an underdog in all 8 games that are listed. Five of their opponents are favored by 9 or more points.
    Is Auburn really that bad? I do not think so.
    They always have a strong running game, and even though they lost a bunch of Oline, they will have plenty of more big guys to step in and take those starting spots.
    Everyone knows the big question is who will QB the Tigers this year.
    The worst I can recall Auburn doing in recent years is the 5-7 in 2008 when Bama blistered them in a 36-0 shutout game.
    If I can recall correctly that was with K Burns in his freshman year, who was flaky at best.
    Here are the Vegas numbers that were tweeted by Andrew Gribble.

Mississippi State a 1-point favorite
    @ Clemson a 5-point favorite
    @ South Carolina a 9-point favorite
    @ Arkansas a 9-point favorite
    vs Florida a 3-point favorite
    @ LSU 11-point favorite
    @ Georgia a 9-point favorite
    vs Alabama a 12-point favorite

I just cannot see them losing eight games next year.
    What games would you take Auburn ML?
    What games would you take Auburn + points?

Talk to me guys. As a football fanatic, I have season tickets to auburn home games. I am an Alabama fan, but football is football, and T-town is 3 hours away. Auburn stadium is three beers walking distance.
    As a gambler, I would like your insight into these games.

I like Au + vs Ga, Usce
    I like Au ML vs UF

Discuss
    I see where you are going with this one, and to be honest, I'm wondering the same thing myself. Now, I guess the main thing you have to decipher is whether or not we are talking about a SU or ATS perspective with this team. From a SU perspective, I agree with everyone that Auburn is DEFINITELY taking a step back in 2011, and probably a pretty big one. However, I'm wondering from an ATS perspective if there is actually value in taking them, especially in the 2nd half of the year after the new starters settle in a bit. Early on, I can see them struggling both SU and ATS as the lines catch up and the lineup is shuffled.

Their early season play may also dictate whether or not they are over or undervalued down the stretch. If they come out on fire and light it up in their first couple of games, the public will immediately react as if they are a National Title contender again. However, if they start slow as most expect, overcompensation may take place and the move may be to play on.

The lack of experience returning and huge losses on both sides of the ball tell me that they are headed into the basement. The scary part is that EVERYONE believes this, and when EVERYONE believes something about a team, it seems like it rarely actually happens. Remember Oklahoma State last year?

Will be very interesting to see how it shakes out.

Mammon
    Mammon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn was a one year wonder

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They should be a dog in all those game but does not mean they will not win a few of them by getting lucky.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Don't they have like 5 starters returning? Gonna be a completely different team.
    Steele has 3 on offense and 3 on defense. Rebuilding year; watch other games/teams on your wide screen TV.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSN21 View Post
    I see where you are going with this one, and to be honest, I'm wondering the same thing myself. Now, I guess the main thing you have to decipher is whether or not we are talking about a SU or ATS perspective with this team. From a SU perspective, I agree with everyone that Auburn is DEFINITELY taking a step back in 2011, and probably a pretty big one. However, I'm wondering from an ATS perspective if there is actually value in taking them, especially in the 2nd half of the year after the new starters settle in a bit. Early on, I can see them struggling both SU and ATS as the lines catch up and the lineup is shuffled. Their early season play may also dictate whether or not they are over or undervalued down the stretch. If they come out on fire and light it up in their first couple of games, the public will immediately react as if they are a National Title contender again. However, if they start slow as most expect, overcompensation may take place and the move may be to play on. The lack of experience returning and huge losses on both sides of the ball tell me that they are headed into the basement. The scary part is that EVERYONE believes this, and when EVERYONE believes something about a team, it seems like it rarely actually happens. Remember Oklahoma State last year? Will be very interesting to see how it shakes out.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I can easily see Auburn losing all of those games, especially the away games. If I was going to take Auburn, I would grab the points at Clemson and at South Carolina. I picked Auburn to finish 5th in the SEC West, and so far, I have seen nothing to change my mind.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I like the points with ga clemson is shaky

benjamincarm

Auburn is going to be bad on D next year. I don't see the O keeping up the scoring they did last year. Still to be the underdog in 8 games is strange.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

They'll win a game or two they shouldn't because of Malzahn, but no way they crack the top 3 in the West.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

they were pretty bad on D last season from what I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamincarm View Post
    Auburn is going to be bad on D next year. I don't see the O keeping up the scoring they did last year. Still to be the underdog in 8 games is strange.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Will be solid this year then bad the next and looking for new coach !!!!

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

well they spent all there money on that boy last year , so every ones looking at there $$ books. so id say there back to there 4-8 years

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

I will bet that they do not lose more than 6

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

6-6 is quite possible, but that means they will have to win all of their home games except the Alabama game, because I do not see them winning any away games. Their best shot to win an away game is an upset at Clemson.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I hope they lose every phucking game by double digits, And I hope Bama hangs 50 on them while calling time-outs in the 4th quater to score again.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The Wilson thing is an interesting development. I wonder if he will get paid as much as Newton.

benjamincarm

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    The Wilson thing is an interesting development. I wonder if he will get paid as much as Newton.

I still don't understand him coming back to CFB. Not like he has a future in the NFL.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

take the points at Clemson, UGA, and M/L against South Carolina. Malzahn has scored everywhere he's been. D will be suspect early, and maybe all year. 7-5 type season with next years team and schedule setting up well for another run at the SECCG.

Personal note - lot of smack from a South Carolina team that had 56 points hung on them the last time we played (and we called off the dogs).