onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was the moon landing a hoax?

im sure it was real but something happened or they must have seen something on the moon or along the way (maybe UFO), poor buzzy became a drunk cause of this

what u guys think

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you're a fukin idiot

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I think you're a fukin idiot

what do u mean? could u go a bit farther

onetrickpony

oh let me guess u ran out of booze

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Jesus. Hasn't anyone thought this conspiracy through?

In 1969 they didn't have the special effect capability to even come remotely close to faking it.

Has anyone seen a sci-fi movie from 1969? Does it look even remotely real?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

SportsbetTracker
    SportsbetTracker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Jesus. Hasn't anyone thought this conspiracy through?

In 1969 they didn't have the special effect capability to even come remotely close to faking it.

Has anyone seen a sci-fi movie from 1969? Does it look even remotely real?
    Actually, "2001, A Space Odyssey" was noted for its realistic space scenes.

But the OP's claim is almost as wacky as the Clippers having any chance at winning an NBA Championshp. For a more comprehensive article on moon landing hoaxes, go HERE.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by SportsbetTracker View Post
    Actually, "2001, A Space Odyssey" was noted for its realistic space scenes. But the OP's claim is almost as wacky as the Clippers having any chance at winning an NBA Championshp. For a more comprehensive article on moon landing hoaxes, go HERE.
    thanks dipshit, i should have mentioned i dont need a brainwashed opinion

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by SportsbetTracker View Post

Actually, "2001, A Space Odyssey" was noted for its realistic space scenes.

But the OP's claim is almost as wacky as the Clippers having any chance at winning an NBA Championshp. For a more comprehensive article on moon landing hoaxes, go HERE.
    I've seen 2001, I never once thought it looked as real as the moon landing footage.

It looks fake, like computer modeling of that time always did. It was a bit more polished, so I get what you are saying but still, ultimately unrealistic.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

And it was concocted by David Stern.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

onetrickpony

Jesus. Hasn't anyone thought this conspiracy through? In 1969 they didn't have the special effect capability to even come remotely close to faking it. Has anyone seen a sci-fi movie from 1969? Does it look even remotely real?
    coug i have but can u tell me why we havent went back since then?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post

what do u mean? could u go a bit farther

OTP you're better than this....these kind of threads are ttwarrior psycho level...not you...damn

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

"Capricorn One" was a great movie. You never see it on tv anymore.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

coug i have but can u tell me why we havent went back since then?
    Lots of reasons. In the 1960's whatever money NASA needed to achieve the promised first landing was made available. However, once the major pieces of the Apollo engineering work were finished, funding began to shrink. The United States was willing to spend what was needed to beat the Russians. But, once the Space Race was decisively won, the country's political leaders decided that the cost of a continuing lunar program was more than the country could afford. The space budget even shrank to the point that NASA had to cancel three Apollo missions for which flight vehicles had already been built. The 1986 Challenger accident was another, there was a noticeable change in the national commitment. The accident and the public reaction to it, convinced Washington that the country wanted to spend more in order to have a respectable and productive space program. Currently, the demands of social programs have come into direct conflict with the space program.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

The US couldnt get a rocket off a launchpad without it exploding in 1959. The russians were clearly superior with the technology, but lo and behold, 10 years later, the US go to the moon -which required a massive leap in technology compared to just orbiting the earth- and amazingly in 1969 it all went down without a hitch! This is why conspiracy theories exist lol

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

This thread's got it all. Even a guy posting a wikipedia link and acting like he's fukkin genius for doing so

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    This thread's got it all. Even a guy posting a wikipedia link and acting like he's fukkin genius for doing so
    Assuming you are talking about the answer I gave OTP.

Sorry, it's not from Wikipedia. It's from a real article.

Here's the entire story if you feel like reading it.

http://www.solarviews.com/eng/apoepi.htm

I assumed it would be easier to read a summation, so that's what I did.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

The moon is a hoax. Its actually an alien craft that has a secret deal with the government.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: borednaz

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    The moon is a hoax. Its actually an alien craft that has a secret deal with the government.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Assuming you are talking about the answer I gave OTP. Sorry, it's not from Wikipedia. It's from a real article. Here's the entire story if you feel like reading it. http://www.solarviews.com/eng/apoepi.htm I assumed it would be easier to read a summation, so that's what I did.
    actually it was sportsbet tracker...he even called it a "comprehensive article"

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

actually it was Sportsbet tracker...he even called it a "comprehensive article"
    Oh, I didn't even see that.

Hold on a tick.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

"The Flat Earth Society was one of the first organizations to accuse NASA of faking the landings"

refrain87
    refrain87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

no we didnt land on the moon, it would explain why we haven't landed on the moon since then. I'm pretty sure we'd want to do more experiments on the moon itself.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by refrain87 View Post
    no we didnt land on the moon, it would explain why we haven't landed on the moon since then. I'm pretty sure we'd want to do more experiments on the moon itself.
    No, it wouldn't. Read, brother. The money to go there was there at that time because the funding for it was supported by the politicians in power. When shit got bad in the 70's people had already had enough of spending money on wars and the economics of the country by the time of the late 70's and early 80's didn't allow for missions...then the Challenger incident basically brought everything to a standstill. Now we spend a lot of that funding on social programs.

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    "Capricorn One" was a great movie. You never see it on tv anymore.
    yea right its on my sho, starz channels all the time!

onetrickpony

Lots of reasons. In the 1960's whatever money NASA needed to achieve the promised first landing was made available. However, once the major pieces of the Apollo engineering work were finished, funding began to shrink. The United States was willing to spend what was needed to beat the Russians. But, once the Space Race was decisively won, the country's political leaders decided that the cost of a continuing lunar program was more than the country could afford. The space budget even shrank to the point that NASA had to cancel three Apollo missions for which flight vehicles had already been built. The 1986 Challenger accident was another, there was a noticeable change in the national commitment. The accident and the public reaction to it, convinced Washington that the country wanted to spend more in order to have a respectable and productive space program. Currently, the demands of social programs have come into direct conflict with the space program.
    thats convenient, the govt says they wont fund it, am i the only one who sees the irony in that

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

i actually know a couple pretty intelligent people that are convinced we never landed on the moon. *shrug*

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

thats convenient, the govt says they wont fund it, am i the only one who sees the irony in that
    yep, it is a bit ironic with all the other spending going on.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

No, we just simply don't have the money since they choose to piss it away on social programs that have been proven are useless. There's only so much you can borrow and print.

onetrickpony

No, we just simply don't have the money since they choose to piss it away on social programs that have been proven are useless. There's only so much you can borrow and print.
    u keep thinking that, they got u hook line and sinker

whats a few trillon more to the current debt

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

u keep thinking that, they got u hook line and sinker

whats a few trillon more to the current debt
    Explain how they "got me"

I am pretty well informed.

That is, I don't believe most of what is spoon fed to me, I try to get news from multiple sources then form my own opinion based on facts. From what I can tell, we landed on the moon, and basically since 1986 our country has spent a hell of a lot of money on things like policing other nations. 54% of our discretionary spending is spent on the military. And 72% of our mandatory spending is used on Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. I am not saying stop putting into social security in order to fund the space program, but all those baby boomers got older and now what? These programs are a complete mess. There are lots of reasons why we can't afford to go to the moon, economics is merely one.

onetrickpony

Explain how they "got me" I am pretty well informed. That is, I don't believe most of what is spoon fed to me, I try to get news from multiple sources then form my own opinion based on facts. From what I can tell, we landed on the moon, and basically since 1986 our country has spent a hell of a lot of money on things like policing other nations. 54% of our discretionary spending is spent on the military. And 72% of our mandatory spending is used on Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. I am not saying stop putting into social security in order to fund the space program, but all those baby boomers got older and now what? These programs are a complete mess. There are lots of reasons why we can't afford to go to the moon, economics is merely one.
    were in trillion dollar debt but we were at war with 3 countries so whats the problem with going more in debt when it comes to researching the moon. explain ur economics there

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

were in trillion dollar debt but we were at war with 3 countries so whats the problem with going more in debt when it comes to researching the moon. explain ur economics there
    I suppose it depends on if you want roads and some sort of social structure.

You have to make choices.

onetrickpony

I suppose it depends on if you want roads and some sort of social structure. You have to make choices.
    so this moves from military budget to infrastructure up keep preventing us from going back to the moon

123 Last