jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lets Be Clear Here About Real Time Injury Info

1. There is no such service that supplies this to line services
    2. To get real time injury reports/injuries you must be glued to espn news and various sports websites like espn insider, cbs sportsline, mlb.com, nfl.com, ect
    3. Most of the injury reports are educated guesses on screens and usually when a player is doubtful he will not play and when questionable he plays.
    4. NFL injury reports are live only when you watch the pre games because reporters talking live to coaches ect .
    5. When during later week key players are doubtful they usually end up playing.
    6. How many injury reports are really accuate anyway??
    7. Anytime you are watching a nba pre game, mlb pre game, ncaaf, nhl pregame , ect you have real time data but I view nothing else as real time.
    8. Trainers are not calling up Don Best and giving injury reports, line services do not have spotters at every game like sportsicker and sportsnetwork do.
    9. Sportsticker and Sportsnetwork are great for real time score feeds but not injury feeds as that is not ther focus.
    10. Most line services just get data on innuries from net and tv.
    11. The injury reports are fine with G-J and the one thing it does is save time but all those reports are very accessible on tv and net if your sharp and sitting by a computer all day but it is time consuming.
    12. Strong and accurate injury reports are as good as your staff watching satellite tv, expn news and scouring the net period.

I am by far the number one authority on line services and do reccomend G-J as the line service for the bettor.
    Last edited by jjgold; 09-22-05 at 04:28 PM.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Come on GJMike - let battle commence.

jjgold

Taxy Mikey will not fuk with me

he knows I am an expert and I can kick his ass with one plane ride in 8 hrs

GJMike
    GJMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1134

I gotta disagree with you here. Obviously anyone in the right place at the right time will be the first to get injury info. But if you have eyes and ears at every major sporting event you will consistently have the info first. I will put my challenge out to anyone, including you coach. My sources are fastest around, and will beat the internet hands down. What about non-tv games? What are you going to do then? Trust me on this coach.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by GJMike
    But if you have eyes and ears at every major sporting event you will consistently have the info first.
    Let's be crystal clear about this, Mike. Are you saying that you do have people working for you at every major sporting event? Does this mean that G&J is of no value in this manner for non-major sporting events? What determines if a game is major or non-major anyway? You've implied you do have these same "ins" for untelevised games so I'm assuming that that is not the determinant?

GJMike

Quote Originally Posted by ganchrow
    Let's be crystal clear about this, Mike. Are you saying that you do have people working for you at every major sporting event? Does this mean that G&J is of no value in this manner for non-major sporting events? What determines if a game is major or non-major anyway? You've implied you do have these same "ins" for untelevised games so I'm assuming that that is not the determinant?
    Indirectly we have someone at every sporting event that will be covered by the press. From golf and tennis to basketball and football.

The same information that is relayed to sportsticker/sportsnetwork we have as well as info from other 'guys'. Most internet sites subscribe to the same info. ESPN SportsTicker is fed from MLB.com for instance (I put this because you said this site earlier), SportsNetwork is fed from various sources, none of which beat where we get the info from. Thats really all I can say because I really cant get too into detail about the matter. Like I said, don't take my word for it, see for yourself.
    Last edited by GJMike; 09-22-05 at 05:41 PM.

jjgold

Mike I agree your line service saves tons of time instead of trying to get data on your own but it is out there for player to find also. For the big events or national tv games and every NFL game you do not need line services to get you the data as it is right in front of you on tube. I thinks its value is more college sports.

Mike what does "other guys" mean??

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

My guess is "other guys" is proprietary info. I think Mike has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to divulge his sources. It may be a good thing that he doesn't.

E

GJMike

MLB Baseball: Gm# 924 Preliminary Lineups indicate that (DH) Sweeney is NOT expected to be in the starting lineup for Kansas City.

GJMike

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Mike I agree your line service saves tons of time instead of trying to get data on your own but it is out there for player to find also. For the big events or national tv games and every NFL game you do not need line services to get you the data as it is right in front of you on tube. I thinks its value is more college sports.

Mike what does "other guys" mean??

You know damn well what other guys means..

Also, for NFL you are ½ right. Most injuries are known a week before hand. BUT, and this is big, the late breaking stuff hits our screen before the TV (if it is a TV game) and well before the internet. So you have 10 minutes right before kickoff to lay some serious action or do your favorite, middle a game.

jjgold

Mike if your watching ESPN and the reporter is on the field updating player status live how can you beat that??

GJMike

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Mike if your watching ESPN and the reporter is on the field updating player status live how can you beat that??
    Dont get me wrong, you will be able to pick some off like that for sure. But we do have get some information before cameras are even at the field, and still have the same information for non-televised games.

No way could I get 100% of the information before you... but consistently I will have them first. Your time is too valuable to track them all down, plus watch the numbers like a hawk, and everything else on your own... So let the line service do it for you at a very small cost. If G&JUpdate wins you just 1 extra play a month, you are already ahead.

jjgold

Mikey how many guys you have in locker rooms in NFL??

Let me rephrase, on any given Sunday how many teams do you cover where your guys are in the locker room??

I recomend G-J Live Lines as the number one pay service in the world

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

the thing that sucks about capping college football is that they don't have to reveal injuries...I rely on a lot of forums to try to get the news about a day ahead, but it's very difficult to distinguish what's the truth vs. what's made up...

jjgold

College foot injuiries are very hard to get unless you know people close to team which is very hard.

OldeTymePlaya
    OldeTymePlaya's Avatar Become A Pro!

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Nowadays you get text alerts of injury updates well prior to gametime even in college football

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Nowadays you get text alerts of injury updates well prior to gametime even in college football

how ?? :

jjgold

All line services do is monitor news wires, team websites, league websites, and espn

Line services do your work..of course you can do yourself

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This site is very good for college

www.collegeinjuryreport.com/college-football

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

following every team's local beat writer/reporter/insider on Twitter is the way to go for quick injury updates.

The days of journalists waiting til they are on the air to break a story/scoop/injury are long gone.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

twitter put gjmike out of business

jjgold

yeh

Line services are whore shit as far as injury updates

They get info from same sources as us

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

U.o.e.n.o

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    U.o.e.n.o
    i enjoyed that, she didnt even know it.........
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave biggie12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    i enjoyed that, she didnt even know it.........

biggie rick ross is a sick fukk!