raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

yeah i get drunk and think very little of thugs that use drug and gang banger money to get into the business...they werent low level guys though...they made enough money to pay guys to turn their jibberish into good raps and add sick beats...those dudes were out of the street corner business a long time before they wanted anyone to think they were... both got killed because they wanted everyone to think they were something they no longer were and maybe never were in the first place...too stupid to keep their mouths shut and just sit back making mad money through music

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    im saying you obviously have no idea what the difference in "rap" and "hip hop" is... read my post from before (about neither being a part of hip hop...well, biggie had a little hip hop in his albums) and then get back at me... and to answer your question, yes, we would be listening to the exact same stuff on the radio, with or without tupac or biggie...different genre of music
    He did both. Your obviously an idiot and didn't go partying much in your younger days. Rap music is usually too hardcore in the clubbing or the partying scene dance wise to the ladies, so it's need to be more hip hopish softer. "California love", "How do what it", and "I get around" were all legendary Tupac song's created before he was dead. Those songs were all being played randomly at virtually every high scale club you got to in California today. All three songs has nothing to do with gangbanger and hardship in life, verses just having fun partying and hanging out with women. Of course he has plenty of other hip hop songs too, that just the one on top of my head.

You obviously didn't listen to any of his music, so you obviously don't know whathafuk your talking about. Even the Music billboard classifies him as a hip hop Artist, who is in the top 100 best selling artist ever, selling well over 75 Million records.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Rip rick

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

2Pac is one of the greatest rappers, if not the greatest.

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Tupac personalized rap on a level that had yet to be seen in the Hip-hop community. Tupac rapped with an inflection and crossed over into the movies to garner a wider fan-base. He was a PR genius but not at all the best rapper.

My problem with Tupac, as I got older, was the lack of accountability he shows for himself and to those he influences with his music. He seems to dismiss and justify people doing things that are detrimental to the community because "thats just how it is".

The Tupac/Biggie thing was one of the WORST things that happened to the industry because it sensationalized the "beef" component of music which, in my opinion, is just a lame, bush league way to garner attention and to put your name out there.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didnt Puff and BIG set him up at quads

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Cant beleive people are calling Tupac average.

One of the best minds in rap ever.

And he would have an empire like JZ had he not been shot dead.

tat1980
    tat1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Pac told stories he was great at it just like BIG. Two of the best of all-time. BTW guy that confessed will be dead soon.

Fa11en

He did not confess to killing Pac, just the 1994 shooting, OP put up misleading title.
    Points Awarded:

tat1980 gave Fa11en 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Oh god, so you're one of those people who reached a certain age, and quit listening to new music, thinking that only anything made before 1992 was any good. Lame.
    lame or not, its true. New music sucks.

Tupac was piece of a shit thug and the world got a little better than day that fuk died. It was funny listening to him when I was in 6th grade but you have to grow up eventually, even if it is just a little bit.

ill never forgot this doosey from the lyrical genius Tupac haha

response in some interview-
    "I wont change the world but my music will spark the mind that changes the world."

something dumb like that. I remember the day I heard that I realized how ******* dumb this guy was. All your music ever sparked was crime.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-16-11 at 09:31 AM.

jayroy25
    jayroy25's Avatar Become A Pro!

2pac could convince god thgat the sky is green and grass is blue

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Bingo He's also an average rapper who wouldn't have been shlt if he wasn't controversial....guy was a PR genius
    average rapper??? your trippin! he was a straight poet!!!!

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

I thought mobb deep had something to do with the studio shooting. they were young crazies then. I heard they were at least at the door as lookouts or something dressed all in their camo gear cuz I remember pac doing an interview saying that when he walked past them into the studio and they didn't acknowledge him, he knew something was up. Then he went upstairs and Big was in the studio and tried to reassure him that everything was cool (obviously in the know) telling pac he just read the situation wrong but pac tried to get out of there so he and his boys went downstairs in the elevator and when the doors opened on the first floor, dude had a gun in their faces and told em to strip all their valuables and leave them there and pac being the G he is just started being like "fuk you pussy niga" and the dude just shot him. Thats the night of the infamous photo of him giving the finger to the camera in a stretcher lol you don't get any harder than that dude.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

You guys are all wrong!

"Wham" was responsible for the rap movement.

There is NO DOUBT that JJ was grooving to this gem back in the day!

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lame or not, its true. New music sucks. Tupac was piece of a shit thug and the world got a little better than day that fuk died. It was funny listening to him when I was in 6th grade but you have to grow up eventually, even if it is just a little bit. ill never forgot this doosey from the lyrical genius Tupac haha response in some interview- "I wont change the world but my music will spark the mind that changes the world." something dumb like that. I remember the day I heard that I realized how ******* dumb this guy was. All your music ever sparked was crime.
    You obviously know nothing about the dude. His work reflected his life. Watch interviews when he was a high school student. He was incredible at dissecting his culture and pinpointing what was wrong with his community and he was so bright and excited to talk about the change he wants to see, but like any man who lives in that turmoil for long enough, he started to adapt and get dragged in. Read his poems, read The Rose That Grew From Concrete. If you start there, and work your way chronologically through his almbums and work, then you can listen to the digression from a young, bright-eyed, "gonna change the world" black man to a another lost soul, another destroyed life. It's kind of sad but you have to understand his upbringing, his connection with the Black Panthers and the hatred that surrounded black people in those times. Use his metaphor of the rose because it fits it purposely. He was a very smart, very bright boy that went to performing arts school at a young age. He was a colourful rose that sprouted through the cracks of gray, unforgiving concrete. That is an amazing sight and great accomplishment to be able to beat the odds and grow in such an environment. However, over the years that tough, unforgiving concrete (his impoverished surroundings) couldnt provide the necessary nourishment to allow the rose to continue to thrive with bright colours and a strong stalk. So it slowly wilted away and was no longer beautiful and destined to stick out and change the landscape of that concrete forever, it just crumbled into dust and dirt on the concrete floor like everything else around, thus regressing to the more likely scenario in which he was just another weed, another product of the unforgiving concrete.

Fa11en

As Biggie was 4 times the size of Pac, He was also 4 times the rapper/lyricist/storyteller/ect... Pac was EXTREMELY overrated. I liked him and can still listen to his songs but he gained his following through his inflection and his ability to get people to identify with him and his "struggle". The irony is that his "struggle" was mostly manufactured and he is a walking contradiction- his principles, or lack thereof, were weak and for that reason I can't really get into his music anymore. That being said, he also paved the way for several other rappers to be able to further identify how their personal ideals/feelings/thoughts are in constant strife with the system they are involved in and the institution's expectations of them.

My issue is that he would talk about the ills of the system he is in but never give a solution to the problem, or demonstrate how to do things differently. He would further perpetuate stereotypes, misnomers, and his "thug-life". He was the one who introduced the idea of glamorizing a "thug-life" and now we got a bunch of rappers "keeping it real" on their way to millions but never offering a solution to the societal problems they made all their money bitching about. Instead, they justify their negative actions, and dismiss their shiitty behaviors because others "forced their hand".

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by 305GURU View Post
    Didnt Puff and BIG set him up at quads
    Big had no knowledge of it. Puff kinda worshipped Jimmy at the time, but highly unlikely he was involved either. The 2 kids from Mob Deep had nothing to do with it. They couldn't leave Queens without getting their shit snatched back then.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

give two fuks about his "music?" but liked him in Mickey Roarkes Bullet

The guy who played the killer transvestite in silence of the lambs came down a rope and slit his throat..can you dig it?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Put the lotion in the basket

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

i honestly thought he was in witness protection

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lame or not, its true. New music sucks.

Tupac was piece of a shit thug and the world got a little better than day that fuk died. It was funny listening to him when I was in 6th grade but you have to grow up eventually, even if it is just a little bit.

ill never forgot this doosey from the lyrical genius Tupac haha

response in some interview-
    "I wont change the world but my music will spark the mind that changes the world."

something dumb like that. I remember the day I heard that I realized how ******* dumb this guy was. All your music ever sparked was crime.
    I use to be know Tupac and your comments are straight up foul. Celebrating someone's death, no matter how bad you think of them is wrong IMO. Tupac was flawed just like most of us, he made bad decisions just like many of us and he disrespected people just like many of us. He was trying to do the right thing but got caught up like many of us. I believe he was ready to grow up but that opportunity was taken away from him.

Lyrics aren't necessarily a reflection of who you are as a person. Hollywood's perception of him and Biggie is far from the truth.

tkim8404
    tkim8404's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 982

Tupac would've done alot with his fame and fortune unlike so many of these other rich celebrities.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

tupac is living in the witness protection program huh??

First 12