dr03
    dr03's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are getting pretty riled up about the election

-Threats from both sides of the aisle.
    -Stupid talk about riots, buying guns.
    -Racism, ageism, sexism.
    -People not thinking logically and posting stupid stuff.
    -People thinking McCain or Obama has the power to turn the US into the greatest or a hell on earth nation.

Me, I already voted for Obama, and realistically I'd give McCain a 5 percent chance of winning, but neither of these guys will be a savior. Neither of them will bring the end of the world, or make us some god like country. The change has to come from within. All of this are hopes belong with President McCain or Obama is just more evidence of how really screwed we are. It's not the president, it's the people who continue to screw this country over. Blaming a democrat or republican is just a convenient excuse.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who ever wins is going to have a hell of a job cleaning up bush's mess. its a hard path to follow

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

You think now is bad, wait till Obama wins then you will see what riled up means.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by dr03 View Post
    Blaming a democrat or republican is just a convenient excuse.
    As well as a sign of ignorance. Great post dr03, but I'm afraid you have a much better chance of hitting a 13-team parlay this weekend as you do talking sense into many of the posters to whom your message was intended.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think people would be as riled up if not for neo-KOOKs like ms (hiding as Sinclair) posting lies, urban legends and racist crap.

I do think one man can make a difference. Just look at Clinton. Under his leadership it was 8 years of growth and great prosperity. But it can also go the other way. Under Bush and his criminalistic policies it was the worst 8 years.

I'm not an Obama fan but if neocons hate him so much that they are willing to carve their own faces to blame it on him, then he must be a great man.

President Obama.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

If you don't vote or agree with Obama you're a racist immediatly. I don't get past his title as "Democrat" let alone his complection.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dr03 View Post
    -Threats from both sides of the aisle.
    -Stupid talk about riots, buying guns.
    -Racism, ageism, sexism.
    -People not thinking logically and posting stupid stuff.
    -People thinking McCain or Obama has the power to turn the US into the greatest or a hell on earth nation.

Me, I already voted for Obama, and realistically I'd give McCain a 5 percent chance of winning, but neither of these guys will be a savior. Neither of them will bring the end of the world, or make us some god like country. The change has to come from within. All of this are hopes belong with President McCain or Obama is just more evidence of how really screwed we are. It's not the president, it's the people who continue to screw this country over. Blaming a democrat or republican is just a convenient excuse.
    Co-sign.

Sinister Cat
    Sinister Cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

SBR encourages it to generate posts/traffic (see BBD's political posts, continued posting of MS/Larry's stuff in "Player's talk" forum, etc)