jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Does anyone cook here?

Started to learn how to cook finally. After graduating college. Really like cooking now and nice to see what you can make. If so post your special meal recipes

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i make special brownies thats about all

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Cup o NoodIes, just add water

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Make a good taco salad..lettuce, tomato, onion, fat free refried beans, corn chips, grated cheddar cheese(good kind don't get any no-name brand shit) and a jalapeno pepper

I can also make some killer omelettes when my parents are away on business

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I went to culinary school back in the day and worked in restaurants for as long as I can remember. There is nothing like cooking your own great meal and having others truly enjoy it with you. If you're not already, you'll be addicted soon!

You'll also become a huge food critic lol

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I make competition tested Barbecue.....I cant share my secrets even with you Jnick!

jnickell100

Come on WV. Stop being selfish. haven't tried to BBQ yet but I fkin love ribs. Can make some mean spagetti. Pork chops and other random stuff. Just looking for other stuff to broaden my cooking

jnickell100

Vegas. Share some ideas brotha

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

on the grill every night, wife does the sides inside...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

what kind of meals are you looking for?

got some real simple ones that are phenomenal.

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    what kind of meals are you looking for? got some real simple ones that are phenomenal.
    Nothing really in particular. Just wanted to see how many cooked here cause i know the majority still has mommy cook for em

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Nothing really in particular. Just wanted to see how many cooked here cause i know the majority still has mommy cook for em

living in vegas, i eat out a lot, but here is a simple sauce recipe you can use to hook up with rice or noodles. takes 5-10 mins to make and can last a few days in fridge. the amounts used below will feed 4-6.

-6 chopped green onions
    -1/2 cup fresh chopped ginger. ---peel it and put in food processer to save time
    -a little less than 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil
    -a couple splashes of red wine or rice wine vinegar
    -about 2/3 of a jar of hoison sauce. can pick it up at any grocery store.
    -splash of sesame oil
    -splash of soy sauce
    -i add some szechuan pepper for kick

just mix it all up. should be thick and not a lot of oil.

cook up some veggies you like and dump them in a bowl of rice or noodles. then add sauce. the sauce is great by itself.

i usually grab a package or two of chicken tenders and marinate them overnight with some soy/sesame/siracha/szechuan spices/corn starch. dump some flour in bag before i empty it out into cast iron. cooks up juicy in about 4-6 minutes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no not worth it for one person

I order cole cuts and stuff

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

only dinner meal i know how to make is pasta. eat out almost every night. i wish i knew how to cook

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

just made some pork chops with white rice and green beans

was delicious

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Come on WV. Stop being selfish. haven't tried to BBQ yet but I fkin love ribs. Can make some mean spagetti. Pork chops and other random stuff. Just looking for other stuff to broaden my cooking
    Alright here.....this will get you started. Basic bbq rub and sauce. If a fat girl tastes any of this, prepare to get your weasel greased!

sent pm

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Here's an easy recipe with video instructiuon to get you started. I have a bunch of others on SBRTV if you're interested.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

WTF, Cougar! You don't make your own sauce?

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cook almost every night. I don't like packaged foods and have not been impressed with most restaurants. I go out a couple times a month to better quality restaurants/steak houses and order what I don't cook but generally I prefer to eat things I make. I like simple food and am unimpressed by foodies and their need for social recognition by stuffing the proper things into their mouth.

An easy burger recipe
    Note: I don't follow instructions precisely but flavor to taste or formulate your own based on experience.

1 Egg or whatever substitute binder
    Pack lean ground hamburger
    1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
    3 tablespoons of Dijon (or deli style if you do not like the taste)
    3 tablespoons of Ketchup
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Better if grilled. Always produces a moist burger.

I suggest you look into basic french recipes. Once you learn the techniques you can cook a variety of meals.

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4972

I cook easy meals. Night before last it was sausage and peppers over Fettucinni noodles.

Hot Italian Sausage - I cut it into bite size bites before I brown it in a little olive oil. Slice up a red pepper, green pepper, and an onion. Throw all that in when the sausage is about half way done. Cover it until the veggies are soft. Thrown in a can of chunky spagetti sauce. Season to taste. Boil your noodles while everything else is simmering. When its all done, put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with the sausage peppers and onions. Top with shredded Parm or Mozz cheese.

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cook all the time, stuffed ribs on the barbeque, with roasted potato, mushrooms and onions and some broccolli in cheese sauce. Or chicken a la king in my crock pot. Good food means everything.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    WTF, Cougar! You don't make your own sauce?
    Nah I couldn't do better than Zia's restaurant in St. Louis. Best sauce I've ever had.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

matambre "the hunger killer"

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

i make some mean filipino dishes

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    An easy burger recipe
    Note: I don't follow instructions precisely but flavor to taste or formulate your own based on experience.

1 Egg or whatever substitute binder
    Pack lean ground hamburger
    1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
    3 tablespoons of Dijon (or deli style if you do not like the taste)
    3 tablespoons of Ketchup
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Better if grilled. Always produces a moist burger.
    That's just how I make them except I use a porterhouse seasoning instead of salt and pepper.

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicks dig a guy who can "cook" ...seriously, there is nothing better than when my girl tells me she wants a steak...it's all in the preparation and planning...I marinate it from a homemade marinate for hours then place it on the charcoal grill. Then toss some soaked wood chips on the coal and let it smoke to perfection. Chicks like great meat.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I have never cooked in my life and it doesn't interest me one bit to learn.

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I have never cooked in my life and it doesn't interest me one bit to learn.
    It never interested me until a couple of months ago. I learned a couple things to cook and just want to expand. Its actually pretty fulfilling to be able to cook your own meal and eat it, its so much better tasting.

Mrmarket, ill have to give that burger a try. I can cook a pretty good burger but its plain. I get the ground beef add salt and pepper, garlic salt and seasoning salt....mix it all together and it makes a good burger.

Im really intrigued in Ribs though. Never tried to make them before, but there is nothing better than good tasting ribs that fall straight off the bone..WvG maybe you can tell me how you prep

Ced's shadow
    Ced's shadow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    matambre "the hunger killer"

Nah, real gaucho cooking requires hardcore grilling like mine LOL. Good looking boss

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I go to college in Philly right now for Restaurant Management and Culinary Arts and I can't get enough of cooking for myself.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I'm cooking a delicious roast right now.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

I make a killer pasta sauce. Don't like using spaghetti all the time, but pasta sauce goes with most pastas. I saute an onion, mushrooms, carrots, and celery, and set aside. Brown spicy italian sausage, then add vegetables (don't drain fat). Add a can of tomato paste and diced tomatoes and simmer. Season to taste. I let it simmer for 20-30 mins then cook my pasta and combine. Tastes good and reminds me of my childhood.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

does microwaving count?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Jnick- the best recipe I've found is one by Star Jones from when she was on the View. It involves baking the ribs and then grilling them and everyone I've ever served them to became obsessed with them. Google it and if the recipe involves liquid smoke then you know it's the right one.

And if you want a good cookbook, check out the massive yellow one by Mark Bittman. It's full of basics and teaches you the fundamentals of cooking but is easy to understand. I still use it at least once a week and I've been cooking for years.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Being a dago I can give a fukkton of pasta dishes. Alfredo is by far the easiest sauce to make that impresses people if they don't know how easy it is to make.

On ribs, Shari is right. Although I don't watch the view or know who Star Jones is. Emeril hooked that shit up a few years ago. Make your own rub, much more fun. Just experiment with spices and shit. Wrap in plastic wrap tight overnight in the fridge. Keep the plastic wrap on, and then wrap them in foil too. Bake em for a few hours at like 185 or 200. Grill 'em. I usually splash a little Sweet Baby Ray's on at that point. Not much, just enough to get a little glaze going while on the grill.

Here is another easy one.

Grill some Filet. Rule of thumb that shit. Use a mandolin blade to slice some potatoes real thin. Arrange them in a single layer on a cookie sheet, drizzle some olive oil on 'em and throw in the oven for about 20 minutes or so at 375. come out, throw some little dabs of butter randomly around on them, some onion powder (the most under-rated spice ever) pepper on em. Have to start the meat while the taters on cooking, but depends on how you like your steak and how thick the cut is. When it is almost done, hit that shit with some crumbled blue cheese.

Also got a killer pork chops in cream sherry sauce.

Cooking is easy, but only if you really want to do it and really enjoy doing it.

1234 Last