fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hack-a-Shaq 5 sec into the season, hilarious BUT

This is absolutely hilarious.

But, it points out something very serious. If the ultra-competitive Popovich is willing to openly fool around like this in a regular season game... well, it gets back to something that I think about often, how seriously do players and coaches take every game during the marathon season? It can hurt us bettors a lot when teams take nights off but is it possible even the coaches don't always take things too seriously? It can be fatal for us bettors.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

everyones seen this by now atleast twice.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

popovich is one ugly fukk

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by pat venditto View Post
    everyones seen this by now atleast twice.
    I did a search for it on this site and I couldn't find it posted. Anyway, my point still stands.

rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

A play like this reduces the Spurs chance of winning the game, it is a valid point I was extremely mad

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/20/2005

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    A play like this reduces the Spurs chance of winning the game, it is a valid point I was extremely mad
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It's like putting out a big neon sign that says "We don't really care that much." And I mean, it's just the first game, I understand it from their perspective.

But, when you're betting significant money, you want to bet on something reliable. This proves that they're not always too reliable, it's a fact.
    Last edited by fearless; 10-31-08 at 12:55 AM.

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    But, did you think it was funny?

rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by fearless View Post
    But, did you think it was funny?
    yeh sure it was funny

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36

actually the spurs don't care if they foul shaq 20 times a game.
    that was the point. They always grab shaq away from the ball. Which brings up the bigger issue in the NBA: that should be one shot and the ball...its kind of ridiculous.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rm "extremely mad" don't you think that is extremely over reacting ? its was a joke funny as shit get a since of humor ...and eidolon it's not "ridiculous" shaq should start making free throws and it will end if they make a rule just because of the hack a shaq it would be sum shit !

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by thejrichshow85 View Post
    Rm "extremely mad" don't you think that is extremely over reacting ? its was a joke funny as shit get a since of humor ...and eidolon it's not "ridiculous" shaq should start making free throws and it will end if they make a rule just because of the hack a shaq it would be sum shit !
    But, that play could cost the Spurs the game in many ways. For example, what if Finley was red hot and he fouled out and it cost the Spurs the game? Or what if that foul meant that the Suns got a few extra free throws in the first quarter (a few extra points could easily be the difference in the game). Look, Popovich knows all that, it's clear that for that game he simply didn't care that much! If that doesn't bother you as a bettor, I don't know what will!

rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO

maybe i was not that mad but I had 500 on the game, and I think that move probably cost me $5. But it is more the principal than the money, I get mad especiall when coaches do dumb stuff thatcost me money. Like when Crennel always kicks field goals when they should go for it

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!

long season. it is sad when you have money on the game, you take it too seriously.

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    long season. it is sad when you have money on the game, you take it too seriously.
    You have to admit that that play proves that the Spurs weren't taking the game totally seriously though. Right?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not really a problem that motivations fluctuate during the long season. The trick is to find out when teams don't really care (and when they do).

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/14/2005

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    It's not really a problem that motivations fluctuate during the long season. The trick is to find out when teams don't really care (and when they do).
    What's your feeling on the Spurs right now? I bet they lose in Portland.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to admit that that play proves that the Spurs weren't taking the game totally seriously though. Right?
    yeah, i do see a lot of horse play in mlb games where i have couple of dimes riding on it. nothing you can do at that point, but to pray your bet will cover.

rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO

What's your feeling on the Spurs right now? I bet they lose in Portland.
    If the Spurs won game 1 I would definitely like Portland, but think they may put up a good effort. Roger Mason Jr. was a big addition for them

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

spurs will rebound vs Portland ... I had spurs in the game vs the suns they didnt play spurs defense that game. Lack of focus...