cmendo2005
    cmendo2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Sounds like alot of crap like usual, of course Nowitzki was branded a choke and soft and not a leader for years, just because he's a better player now doesn't mean the perception of how he was prior has changed, just like Lebron is a choke and overrated now...Doesn't mean he will be forever...just that its very likely..

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Solid post. Yeah, it really does come down to that incredible drive to succeed and be the best -- you can't quantify it or measure it, some players just have it and some don't, in every sport. A lot of times the motivation comes from others telling them they can't do it (or them BELIEVING others think they can't do it)... So many good examples... Tom Brady is one of the best examples, always told he wasn't good enough, wouldn't rest until he could shove it right back at them. It's about competitiveness. And yeah, Kobe's got it, even though he's a cokk.
    here's my issue with this drive shiz. kobe has it now. but everyone forgets the 3 seasons after shaq left how horrid the lakers were. one season they won 34 games or so. and then gasol saved him as he was screaming trade me.look it up if you don't remember. lebron is 26. still younger than kobe was when he was crying like a baby and younger than mike when he got his first ring. this kid led CLEVELAND to 67 wins. and 60+ the next year. he makes everyone around him better ala magic johnson, larry bird, and he doesn't wanna be the michael jordan that carries teams.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

great article. especially the part about having gone to college making a difference. melo played with extreme confidence because he had been there before. carrying syracuse to a title. jordan won at unc. bird carried INDIANA ST to the championship, isaiah indiana, magic msu and it goes on. learning to deal with pressure is growing up. and hockey216, way to show you are retarded:
    I've seen him switch his opinion a million times, and i hardly watch his show. He flipflops worse than Jon Kerry. The guy doesn't know anything. He's consistently wrong in many of his forecasts. The other guy that does PTI, the old guy, doesn't know anything either.
    i'm sure he knows his name which you don't genius

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

^
    Who Kornheiser?
    He's a sportswriter that has no business being on TV

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

and steve nash is a player that has no business having two mvps. i hope enjoys watching finals as he never has and never will see one. try defense sometimes.

stevenash

and Kingdom is more than likely some pimpled faced geek with a dial up connection from moms basement.

I get it internet tough boy, you don't like me, guess what, I don't give a shit, I'll cry myself to sleep asshole and get over it.

Wait a minute, no need for that, I'm already over it.

p.s. my avatar doesn't kill dogs, while we are at it, what has Vick the shit stain of society ever done?

Now move on ass munch, I shit bigger turds then you.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont waste my time reading articles by a KNOWN RACIST

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

How he just gave up last year against the Celtics and then this year Game 4 Finals is just mind boggling.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Classic case of being over exposed and people getting tired of hearing about him. It happens to music and movie stars all the time.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

A lot of people in here are twisting the topic around. Wilbon's article (and my point, agreeing with him) isn't about whether or not Lebron is a douchebag. I think most of us would agree that he probably is, or at least like 70% of a douchebag... Unfortunately, many of the greatest players in all our sports are pretty much cokks... that's not the issue here (although we all really love the ones who are great but are humble, team-player type guys).

It's about people wanting to assign him his place in history on the court as "not as good as this guy" or "nowhere near that guy" just because of the last couple of games, which is ridiculous when you consider he's only played the first HALF of his career or so. You need more time. You have to wait and see, and watch. If he never can will a team to one or two championships, then we can definitely all say he's not there with the great champions.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    ESPN has good analysts?? who are they?

Barry Melrose is an ok hockey analyst. He's wrong sometimes, but he still knows the game. He's a former coach and has won the stanley cup. He coached Wayne Gretzky to a stanley cup on the LA kings. And Jason Kruk is an ok baseball analyst. As far as basketball, forget about it. Jon Barry is the best nba commentator they have, and i dont even think he's that great. Wilbon is useless. Stuart Scott is a moron with stupid catch phrases. Magic johnson only states the obvious.

Pretty much all of the sportscenter analysts don't know anything. they just read teleprompters.

Jason Kruk and Barry Melrose are ok. Boomer is an ok football analyst i guess. but i say that maybe because i dont know a ton about football.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    great article. especially the part about having gone to college making a difference. melo played with extreme confidence because he had been there before. carrying syracuse to a title. jordan won at unc. bird carried INDIANA ST to the championship, isaiah indiana, magic msu and it goes on. learning to deal with pressure is growing up. and hockey216, way to show you are retarded:
    I've seen him switch his opinion a million times, and i hardly watch his show. He flipflops worse than Jon Kerry. The guy doesn't know anything. He's consistently wrong in many of his forecasts. The other guy that does PTI, the old guy, doesn't know anything either.
    i'm sure he knows his name which you don't genius
    I said in my next post - Tony Kornheiser. I knew his name, i just didn't know the spelling, and was too lazy to look it up. Then i did and thats why i reposted. Tony Kornheiser never played sports and is basically just a guy with an english degree. He's a sportswriter and does not belong on tv. how can you be a sports analyst if you've never played sports?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    I said in my next post - Tony Kornheiser. I knew his name, i just didn't know the spelling, and was too lazy to look it up. Then i did and thats why i reposted. Tony Kornheiser never played sports and is basically just a guy with an english degree. He's a sportswriter and does not belong on tv. how can you be a sports analyst if you've never played sports?

dude you are making this too easy. ever heard of marv albert and al michaels???? what sport do you remember them playing??? how bout brent musburger. and he is a sportscaster, not sports analyst.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    and Kingdom is more than likely some pimpled faced geek with a dial up connection from moms basement.

I get it internet tough boy, you don't like me, guess what, I don't give a shit, I'll cry myself to sleep asshole and get over it.

Wait a minute, no need for that, I'm already over it.

p.s. my avatar doesn't kill dogs, while we are at it, what has Vick the shit stain of society ever done?

Now move on ass munch, I shit bigger turds then you.
    lol. your posts are horrible. ever thread i see you in. and not an internet tough guy. i will whip your ass physically as well as verbally. do not get it twisted sir.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    lol. your posts are horrible. ever thread i see you in. and not an internet tough guy. i will whip your ass physically as well as verbally. do not get it twisted sir.
    Whatever nanci-boi

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Good article thanks for posting it.

hockey216

PS everyone that told me i was crazy (for saying Wilbon and Kornheiser are idiots)... they both said miami heat would win in 5 games.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am glad the mavs won, its a team sport and it says a lot for dirk but he is not a better player because he won it, he will be remembered as a better player

labron james is the best player on the planet right now, hands down.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    PS everyone that told me i was crazy (for saying Wilbon and Kornheiser are idiots)... they both said miami heat would win in 5 games.
    They are clueless when it comes to Basketball. I heard people say that both guys are good at what they do, but having them put their 2 cents in about every sport is not doing anyone any favors. I think 1 of them is an MLB or whatever, but basketball is neither ones top sport which is why they sound like idiots when they talk about it.

First 12