1. #36
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by EBSB52 View Post
    Illustarte how you think he wants to purge the admin of any moderates.
    The way he just purged his campaign plane of any non-sycophantic press.

  2. #37
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    The way he just purged his campaign plane of any non-sycophantic press.
    If you wish to explain that, fine, but it doesn't address my question.

  3. #38
    JC
    JC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-05
    Posts: 481

    The Democratic leadership in Congress is spineless and deserves to be purged. They have caved into the Bush on the war, the Patriot Act, and all of that FISA nonsense.

    If they really wanted to stop funding the war, that's what they should have done, not put a bill forward at all. The pattern of putting bills forward with withdrawal conditions, getting them vetoed, and then claiming they did all they could was total BS. Funding the troops is an affirmative step. They don't have to do it at all if the President won't accept their terms.

    The democratic leadership stands for nothing and tip toes around in fear of offending the right. When the Republicans win, they act like Republicans. When Democrats win, they move center and act like they could be thrown out any moment.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/23/2005


  4. #39
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    >>>>>>>>>>The Democratic leadership in Congress is spineless and deserves to be purged. They have caved into the Bush on the war, the Patriot Act, and all of that FISA nonsense.


    Not to mention the Overtime Bill which they caved into toward the end of his 1st term. I agree.


    As for war funding, then the rhetoric is that the Dems won't support the troops and then we have 8 more years of this crap. I think in part they are spinelsee, and in part they have to bide their time to get control, then we'll see what they can do/can't do.

  5. #40
    ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-08
    Posts: 20,615

    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    The Democratic leadership in Congress is spineless and deserves to be purged. They have caved into the Bush on the war, the Patriot Act, and all of that FISA nonsense.

    If they really wanted to stop funding the war, that's what they should have done, not put a bill forward at all. The pattern of putting bills forward with withdrawal conditions, getting them vetoed, and then claiming they did all they could was total BS. Funding the troops is an affirmative step. They don't have to do it at all if the President won't accept their terms.

    The democratic leadership stands for nothing and tip toes around in fear of offending the right. When the Republicans win, they act like Republicans. When Democrats win, they move center and act like they could be thrown out any moment.
    yep
    but they are still better than the gop war machine

  6. #41
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by EBSB52 View Post
    If you wish to explain that, fine, but it doesn't address my question.
    Does this seem like someone who is seriously interested in including ideas from all?


    Barak Obama Kicks The Dallas Morning News Off Campaign Plane


    Journalists from three major newspapers that endorsed John McCain — the Washington Times, the New York Post and the Dallas Morning News – have been booted from Barack Obama’s campaign plane for the final leg of the presidential race.

    Dallas Morning News Editor Bob Mong told FOXNews.com that the “indication” from the Obama campaign was that they were kicked off the plane since they don’t represent a national outlet and they don’t represent a swing state.

    “We argued that [considering] the size of the Morning News and stature, we obviously would want to be on board,” Mong said. “We’re obviously not happy about it, and continue to protest.”

  7. #42
    JC
    JC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-05
    Posts: 481

    The original endorsement in this thread is very well done and right on target.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/23/2005


  8. #43
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    Does this seem like someone who is seriously interested in including ideas from all?


    Barak Obama Kicks The Dallas Morning News Off Campaign Plane


    Journalists from three major newspapers that endorsed John McCain — the Washington Times, the New York Post and the Dallas Morning News – have been booted from Barack Obama’s campaign plane for the final leg of the presidential race.

    Dallas Morning News Editor Bob Mong told FOXNews.com that the “indication” from the Obama campaign was that they were kicked off the plane since they don’t represent a national outlet and they don’t represent a swing state.

    “We argued that [considering] the size of the Morning News and stature, we obviously would want to be on board,” Mong said. “We’re obviously not happy about it, and continue to protest.”


    Again, I don't care if he did, let's focus on issues, not rhetoric. But to ensure source, do you think citing the source is important? Why don't you. Furthermore, maybe it was time to leave so he kicked them off, I just don't see this as imperant.

    Clinton getting a BJ and lying = don't care. GWB being the first criminal elected president = don't care. Obama kicking journalists off, if indeed he did for whatever reason = don't care.

    The issues that matter are things like what they plan to do with the government, taxes, welfare, war, etc.... stick to issues that matter if you can.

  9. #44
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Since I have to find my own reference, here it is. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...orsing-papers/

    They state that since they wanted to add 2 Chicago-based papers, they didn't want to add another aircraft, the reporters would have to find their own way from those networks. So what? It's his show, he can do what he wants. They have been with him since 07 per the article and this last leg he wanted a couple of hometown papers involved, BFD. And the 10B/month war drags on killing young kids and you care that these reporters have to fly commercial? He didn't kick them out of the campaign, just didn't have room for them.

  10. #45
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by EBSB52 View Post
    Since I have to find my own reference, here it is. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...orsing-papers/

    They state that since they wanted to add 2 Chicago-based papers, they didn't want to add another aircraft, the reporters would have to find their own way from those networks. So what? It's his show, he can do what he wants. They have been with him since 07 per the article and this last leg he wanted a couple of hometown papers involved, BFD. And the 10B/month war drags on killing young kids and you care that these reporters have to fly commercial? He didn't kick them out of the campaign, just didn't have room for them.
    Nice spin. The message? If your not in the tank, you're off the plane.

  11. #46
    ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-08
    Posts: 20,615

    wheres the wmds larry

  12. #47
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    wheres the wmds larry
    Are all you Obama nuts this clueless?

    Woman: Barack Obama Will Pay My Mortgage and Fill My Gas Tank

    http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=797441

  13. #48
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    wheres the wmds larry
    They're on the airplane, which is why Obama kicked off the RW reporters; he thought they might stumble upon them.

  14. #49
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    Nice spin. The message? If your not in the tank, you're off the plane.

    So let's get this straight, Obama tolerated them since 07 sometime, probably a year or more, but this last leg he wanted to help out some hometown paper friends so he kicked out the bigs to make room for them. Brilliance, you think it's a LW conspiracy to make something secret or some other nutjob conspiracy? Larry, all you have to do is to look up and see the black helicopters.

    If Obama was so anti-Fox and the sort, they never would have been on the aircraft for the first year, but you want to focus on the last week? They have no right to be there, it's strictly priv.

  15. #50
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    They support a carbon tax for the pseudo-science of global warming.

    Not exactly "very, very conservative"
    Pseudo-science? Lol. Every reputable scientific journal has accepted global warming, and the man-made causes. There are about 1% of PhDs that don't accept man-made global warming. These are mostly in the employ of the polluting companies.

  16. #51
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Pseudo-science? Lol. Every reputable scientific journal has accepted global warming, and the man-made causes. There are about 1% of PhDs that don't accept man-made global warming. These are mostly in the employ of the polluting companies.
    http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...nG=Search+News

  17. #52
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    Are you arguing that man is not causing global warming because some places are having record colds? Are you serious?

  18. #53
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Are you arguing that man is not causing global warming because some places are having record colds? Are you serious?
    Even most of the neo-cons have it figured out. I guess the ame reasoning goes with Jebus belief; if they're wrong, it won't matter and no one will be here to tell them that they were wrong.

  19. #54
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Are you arguing that man is not causing global warming because some places are having record colds? Are you serious?
    No, I am arguing that man is not causing global warming because temperature levels are lower than they were 10 years ago despite increased CO2 emission levels and no definitive causal relationship has ever been established between any non-negligible rises in ambient temperatures and CO2 levels, anyway.

    But if you want to drink that koolaid, fine; this is one argument I am not going to pursue here.

  20. #55
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    No, I am arguing that man is not causing global warming because temperature levels are lower than they were 10 years ago despite increased CO2 emission levels and no definitive causal relationship has ever been established between any non-negligible rises in ambient temperatures and CO2 levels, anyway.

    But if you want to drink that koolaid, fine; this is one argument I am not going to pursue here.

    Well then explain the melting polar ice caps, sea life migration by mistake due to shifts in temperature and all the other anomolies. Look, we're just infants in the scientific world, we can cut-n-paste a few things, but we are just receptors to the scientific geniuses and if I'm going to be mnisguided by someone, I chose them rather than an obviously biased RWer.

  21. #56
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by EBSB52 View Post
    Well then explain the melting polar ice caps, sea life migration by mistake due to shifts in temperature and all the other anomolies. Look, we're just infants in the scientific world, we can cut-n-paste a few things, but we are just receptors to the scientific geniuses and if I'm going to be mnisguided by someone, I chose them rather than an obviously biased RWer.
    Normal temperature fluctuations wish have been occurring for thousands of years? Recent temperature increases have been recorded throughout the solar system. Damn Halliburton and those SUV owners for causing global warming on Jupiter.

    But, I discuss this on other forums. As far as politics goes, I'll just be content to trash the Marxist Obama here.

    Lot's of evidence presented against the global warming hoax here:

    http://www.heartland.org/NewYork08/proceedings.html

    Either view it or not.

  22. #57
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    I don't need a powerpoint presentation. I believe in the scientific process. Hypothesis, test the hypothesis, public, subject your ideas to peer review.

    The scientific community has accepted that man is accelerating global warming. The link between CO2 emissions is not just correlated historically, but now being modeled to explain why.

    The GOP agenda has long rejected these facts, as any sane policy would cost big business money. I'll probably start a new thread on this one topic.

  23. #58
    MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-12-07
    Posts: 12,125
    Betpoints: 793

    And what are the stakes if you are wrong, Larry? If people who actually listen to the vast majority of scientists are wrong, we ween ourselves off of foreign oil dependency and create a new environmentally friendly industry with innovative jobs and technology to bolster our economy. Gee, wouldn't that be terrible? Who's drinking the kool-aid?

  24. #59
    ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-08
    Posts: 20,615

    larry
    does every belief you hold come to you from the far right wing of a political party? can you not make up your own mind?

  25. #60
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    I don't need a powerpoint presentation. I believe in the scientific process. Hypothesis, test the hypothesis, public, subject your ideas to peer review.
    You believe in science? Then you must know the current accepted test of whether or not a hypothesis is scientific in nature?

    Explain how under this premise that global warming theory can even be considered science?

  26. #61
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    And what are the stakes if you are wrong, Larry?


    BS alarmist rhetoric


    If people who actually listen to the vast majority of scientists are wrong, we ween ourselves off of foreign oil dependency and create a new environmentally friendly industry with innovative jobs and technology to bolster our economy.

    Alternative energy methods are great (has nothing to do with CO2 emissions, though). It's just that there are going to be none that are economically feasible or some time


    Who's drinking the kool-aid?

    you

  27. #62
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    You can focus on the semantics of science, or its reality. I know the scientific process and its shortcomings. The reality is science has embraced global warming as a theory that describes what is happening. The best information we have says we are contributing to global warming, and we will cause irreversible harm to our environment if we ignore the problem.

    Would you ruin our environment and country as a leader, because you disagree with the methodology of the 1000's of smartest people in the world? Of course you would, because this is how you raise money to get re-elected. The manufacturers, auto makers and mining conglomerations are thankful that you can be bought.

  28. #63
    ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-08
    Posts: 20,615

    20 years ago larry would have said, why use computers, typewriters are just fine

  29. #64
    Larry Sinclair
    Larry Sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-08
    Posts: 101

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    You can focus on the semantics of science, or its reality. I know the scientific process and its shortcomings. The reality is science has embraced global warming as a theory that describes what is happening. The best information we have says we are contributing to global warming, and we will cause irreversible harm to our environment if we ignore the problem.

    Would you ruin our environment and country as a leader, because you disagree with the methodology of the 1000's of smartest people in the world? Of course you would, because this is how you raise money to get re-elected. The manufacturers, auto makers and mining conglomerations are thankful that you can be bought.
    It's not semantics. It's a definition of what separates science from metaphysics. At one time science was established if a hypothesis was testable. Now, the current indication of science is if a hypothesis is falsifiable. It is impossible to falsify (or test either for that matter) global warming, because no matter what happens, the GB alarmists tell you GW is causing it.

    All of the following are attributed to GB:

    warmer weather

    cooler weather

    rain

    drought

    more hurricanes

    less hurricanes etc

    No physical testing has established GW. It was supposedly established through climate models. The real world weather has never followed what this model said it would do.

    This nothing more than a scheme to transfer wealth.

  30. #65
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577
    Betpoints: 3561

    So you're saying since we can't test this, let's ignore the scientific consensus?

  31. #66
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    It's not semantics. It's a definition of what separates science from metaphysics. At one time science was established if a hypothesis was testable. Now, the current indication of science is if a hypothesis is falsifiable. It is impossible to falsify (or test either for that matter) global warming, because no matter what happens, the GB alarmists tell you GW is causing it.

    All of the following are attributed to GB:

    warmer weather

    cooler weather

    rain

    drought

    more hurricanes

    less hurricanes etc

    No physical testing has established GW. It was supposedly established through climate models. The real world weather has never followed what this model said it would do.

    This nothing more than a scheme to transfer wealth.


    >>>>>>>>>>>>This nothing more than a scheme to transfer wealth.

    Here come the black helicopters again. Larry, science doesn't claim to know everything, in fact, true scientists don't use the word, "proof." Science meerely establishes cause and effect in conjunction with probability. You come off as a guy wandering around angry as if everyone is reaching into your pockets. If science wanted to use their evidence to make money, they could do a better job than they are. Sad thing is, if we get more neo-con gargabe in office and things keep going, finding a person who denied global warming will be like finding a person who admits they voted for Bush, esp the second time.

  32. #67
    MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-12-07
    Posts: 12,125
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sinclair View Post
    It's not semantics. It's a definition of what separates science from metaphysics. At one time science was established if a hypothesis was testable. Now, the current indication of science is if a hypothesis is falsifiable. It is impossible to falsify (or test either for that matter) global warming, because no matter what happens, the GB alarmists tell you GW is causing it.

    All of the following are attributed to GB:

    warmer weather

    cooler weather

    rain

    drought

    more hurricanes

    less hurricanes etc

    No physical testing has established GW. It was supposedly established through climate models. The real world weather has never followed what this model said it would do.

    This nothing more than a scheme to transfer wealth.
    Transferring wealth from the Middle East to American ingenuity would be a horrific residual effect, wouldn't it Larry?

  33. #68
    EBSB52
    EBSB52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-08
    Posts: 606

    To add commentary, another strange thing is that Larry wrote:


    Sunday NFL -- 10 star guaranteed lock!!!!
    Bengals +7 1/2 over Jacksonville


    The winless Bengals are a lock, yet global warming is contribed by the geniuses of the world in some simultaneous conspiratorial fashoin. Larry hasn't been drinking coolaid, but he has been drinking

  34. #69
    ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-08
    Posts: 20,615

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Transferring wealth from the Middle East to American ingenuity would be a horrific residual effect, wouldn't it Larry?
    as long as the gop says its ok to buy from oil barons, then its ok
    the minute they accept global warming, what will larrys excuse be then

  35. #70
    reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-02-08
    Posts: 3,567

    How exactly is this redistribution of wealth that these pissants are so afraid of supposed to take place?

First 123 Last
Top