neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Your worst sports bet?

What is your worst sports bet, by that I mean, it looked like you had the win, and it was snatched from you.

For me it was the Chicago Cubs / Phils game.

Phils up 3-0, entering the 6th I think, I am like coo. Got a strong back bull pen cubs struggling on offense. Cubs score 1, then 1 in the 7th. Then the 9th comes around, they got Madison coming in, facing the bottom portion, he gets 1 out. then the next two hitters are some of the worst cubs hitters. Soto, and Colvin. Soto hits a homerun, so its a tie game. I am like okayyyyyyyyyy. We should get out of this Colvin coming up.

Nope, Homerun. but WAIT, an instant replay saves it, and its not a HR its a double!

They get out of it.

Scoreless in the 10th.

The 11th comings around, and Colvin hits this chopper ground ball that the pitcher couldnt get to fast enough to pass it off. So he reaches 1st. So okay. Dempster comes up to bunt him over. But there is a Wild pitch. Colvin at 2nd 0 out. But dempster strikes out trying to bunt. Next guy stirkes out looking.
    Next guy, hits a ground ball, easy ground ball to Planco. Planco could of tagged Colvin, but really no need to easy ass throw to 1st. Nope, bad throw, throw gets away Colvin scores, and cubs score one run.

Phils then don't score

Cubs win.

After this, I think I am taking a break from betting.... My heart needs it, and so does my wallet.

Vondy
    Vondy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball betting can be such a crapshoot!

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I was on the Phillies tonight too. Far from my worst lost though.

neverstoppers23

Yeah, that is the rule out on baseball. This year I am having such a good run on baseball picks, I guess i was due for one like tonight. The last 5 games or so I bet on 4 of them went into extras.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

had the heat tonight not good

neverstoppers23

Maybe I am just over-reacting on this is my worst lost. Sometimes I play the 25 cent slots for shits and I won 150 yesterday. So I put 200 on the phils. When I should of just cashed out the 150 I won from the 25 cent slots. So I am really pissed at myself.

As you can tell by that statement, I am a pretty low betting type person.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    What is your worst sports bet, by that I mean, it looked like you had the win, and it was snatched from you.

too many for me

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

2006 Bengals vs Chargers

The Bengals twice led by 21 points 21-0 in the first quarter and 28-7 at halftime before the Chargers rolled to six touchdowns, five on consecutive possessions, in the second half. Had 1100 on it.

neverstoppers23

Wow CB, i guess that one does beat up mine.
    Its just that I am in a rut, and this bet does not help me at all. Which is why I am just taking a break from betting for at least 2 weeks to clear my mind.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Today's game: $300 first Quarter on Dallas. Com' On dude a hail mary from center to rob me blind.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Wow CB, i guess that one does beat up mine.
    Its just that I am in a rut, and this bet does not help me at all. Which is why I am just taking a break from betting for at least 2 weeks to clear my mind.
    I forgot what made even worse. I was getting +1

Cincinnati made a 44-yard field goal to make it 42-41 with 7:48 left, but the Chargers then used a 13-play drive to go 72 yards, a drive capped by Rivers' scoring pass from the 5 to tight end Brandon Manumaleuna with 2:29 remaining.

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4971

i remember one game where i had stanford +10.5 and in overtime ucla got up 10 with 1 second left on the clock and kevin love chucked it down the court for a meaningless layup at the buzzer, still hate that motherfukker

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I lost NBA unders back to back bets due to games going to OT with clutch shots.
    Absolute heartbreakers. But than again, i won a few overs because the game went to OT.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

If a 3 run blown lead is your worst beat you either haven't been betting that long or you have been very fortunate...heck a 3 run blown lead wouldn't even make my top 100.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

not my worst, my best baseball one is when the cubbies down 1 and i took -1.5 bottom of the ninth.. 2 outs.. 2 men on.. boom! home run.. i cover!

worst are most all my other baseball bets.. lol

Robust

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    If a 3 run blown lead is your worst beat you either haven't been betting that long or you have been very fortunate...heck a 3 run blown lead wouldn't even make my top 100.
    Its not that, they blew a three run lead. Its how they blew that lead, and that lead to a win that is pissing me off. There was two outs, man on second, easy out, just throw to first. But Planco missed the throw.

Yes I am new to betting, I have just started actively betting in the last 10 months or so.

thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

My biggest bet and worst bet to date was 275$ on the Miami Heat to win the finals.What the fuk!!!!

Stalker1992
    Stalker1992's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lost 50 $ , for a draw Moldova - Sweden.

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps
    donnyguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8759

I bet balls out on the under in the Ohio St/Miami championship game, AKA the Willis McGahee game. Quarters, halfs, the whole shebang. College refereeing and college overtime are a joke.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

phils/cubs last night/ miami heat last night/ yankees last night

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Today's game: $300 first Quarter on Dallas. Com' On dude a hail mary from center to rob me blind.
    One man's misery is another's good fortune:

Wager details for ticket number 81824850-2:
    Wager Type:Money LineWager Status:
    WinRisk / To Win Amount:100.00 / 375.00 (USD) Accepted 6/9/2011 9:15 PM - EST
    Won: 375.00 Amount Paid: 475.00 Sport / Period:Live In-Play Basketball / 1st Quarter Line:
    Miami Heat 6/9/2011 9:00:01 PM - (EST)+375
    Opponentallas Mavericks

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

i chased after losing on the bluejays, then went in on the heat, i wasn't even going to play the heat, but the toronto loss emotions got the best of me

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is full, of misplaced commas.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

The bowl game last year that Missouri played in. Mizzou was UP by a touchdown with about 3 minutes left and had the ball. Gabbert rolls out, looks like he's going to run, his receiver starts blocking for him, and then Gabbert just throws it right to the defender who was covering that receiver. Lost by 3 if i remember correctly.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    i agree....this would prolly not make my top 200 worst beats... i guess OP should feel lucky.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Last night I took the Dodgers with Kershaw on the mound and some new guy for the Rockies. Dodgers lost it all in the last innings.
    I hate the Dodgers! Now they are tied in last place with the Padres, good!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Last night I took the Dodgers with Kershaw on the mound and some new guy for the Rockies. Dodgers lost it all in the last innings. I hate the Dodgers! Now they are tied in last place with the Padres, good!
    There is always another side as I took the Rockies. Seems like I am rarely on the winning side for these ones. But cannot believe how blew that.

vieruccio
    vieruccio's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whole hockey, every game!!!
    I hate NHL!!

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    There is always another side as I took the Rockies. Seems like I am rarely on the winning side for these ones. But cannot believe how blew that.
    So you do understand what I am going through....unreal.

hardball
    hardball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

The New York Giants blowing a 21 point lead with half a quarter to go vs the Cowboys....

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Every RAS bet I placed in January and February. Most were guaranteed losers at halftime. Quit betting completely after that fiasco. Only bet betpoints now.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11873

Alabama/Auburn of last season, I had Alabama ML.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

None of these r even close!!

I lost $3,480.00 on this game my worst beat ever!! Ill never forget it!!

July 28, 2001: Pirates 9, Astros 8. The previously listed 12-11 games all featured miraculous comebacks in the bottom of the ninth, but there is no question which rally was the most spectacular of all.

For eight-and-a-half innings, this game was pretty boring, as Houston entered the final part of the final frame, cruising to an apparent 8-2 victory. When the first two Pirate batters led the inning with fly outs, the end seemed near. Who ever heard of a team coming back to win when trailing by six runs with no one on in the bottom of the ninth?

Well, first Kevin Young doubled, but that didn't matter. Next Pat Meares, of all people, slugged a two-run homer. According to WPA, Pittsburgh's chance of winning rose from zero percent to zero percent with that blast. They were down by too much.

Adam Hyzdu greeted a relief pitcher with a single, and then Tike Redman drew a walk, but this was merely a nuisance, not a threat. At most you could give the Pirates credit for not rolling over. Their win expectancy now stood at a whopping one percent. Big deal.

Jack Wilson singled in the next run to make it 8-5. Yeah, I'm sure Astros manager Larry Dierker was upset by now. This game should've been over with a while ago, and instead Jason Kendall walked to the plate as the game's tying run.

Time for closer Billy Wagner to enter. No one expected he'd be needed that long ago, but that's how it goes. Fortune still favored the Astros, though. They had a three-run lead with only one out to go—plus Billy Wagner hadn't blown a save in nearly three months.

Be that as it may, his third pitch hit Jason Kendall, putting the tying run aboard. Even worse, the next batter was the most fearsome hitter to don the Pittsburgh uniform since Barry Bonds left for greener pastures: Brian Giles. With Houston leading 8-5, Giles connected on Wagner's second pitcher for an unlikely walk-off grand slam.

The achievement was so great that Pittsburgh players and fans can be forgiven if they forgot that the victory gave the Pirates a record of only 40-62. Still, for one glorious moment, there was nothing better than to be a Pittsburgh Pirate.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

today - nadal ,

dochall2u
    Update your status
    dochall2u's Avatar Become A Pro!

plenty of them and another bad one waiting around the corner.

12 Last