WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Write it down now

Lakers are head and shoulders above any team in the NBA now with Bynum. Lakers over Celtics in 5 in the Finals barring any serious injury to the Lakers. This team is better than the Kobe/Shaq Lakers without question. Maybe the best offensive and best defensive team in the league.

Odom is overrated. He is a serious offensive liability. He is like a shorter version of Mutombo.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Lakers aren't better than the Celtics. The Blazers are playing HORRIBLE!!! Cavs actually played better, fundamentally. This is 1 sloppy late game. Plus, its only the first game of the season.

Celtics win it all again this year. Bank it bro.

WileOut

Nah man the two teams were pretty close last year and that was without the Lakers inside star. I can't fathom a team with Gasol and Bynum on the inside. 2 legit 7 footers. 3 point shooters coming out of their ears. Oh and Kobe in his prime. Also 2 great point guards and 2 great 3 men in Odom and Radmonovik. This team may be the most loaded team I've seen in my lifetime.

Celtics are a great team but they are old and inconsistent. This Lakers team will walk through the Celtics.

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post

Celtics are a great team but they are old and inconsistent. This Lakers team will walk through the Celtics.
    How are they inconsistent? You only saw this group of players together for 1 year, and that year raised a banner. You can't judge their pasts with prior, shiitty teams (clippers, sonics, crappy celtics, timberwolves)

Might be older players, but this is a new era.

WileOut

See the playoffs last year. The Hawks and the Cavs, 2 mediocre teams both took them to 7 games. It seems like only 1 of the big 3 of Celts has a great offensive game every time out.

Analyze the teams. The Celtics starters are better at 2 positions, the Lakers are better at 3 starting positions. PG, SG, and Center. The Lakers bench is now better. Lakers have the better coach and the biggest star. I just think the Lakers are better but we will see the Celtics are a great team but 1 year older. Lakers except for Fisher are all in their primes.

Tsoprano

See the playoffs last year. The Hawks and the Cavs, 2 mediocre teams both took them to 7 games. It seems like only 1 of the big 3 of Celts has a great offensive game every time out.
    Wile, that was their first year ever as a team in the post season. Everyone glooms on that, in fact right away took them out of the title run when they lost to Atlanta. Cavs were NOT a mediocre team. After that, they won in less time to the Pistons, than the LAKERS.

You can't say Bynum will be the difference keeping the lakers from losing EVERY game in the regular season (like they did last year), or preventing a 39 point blowout in the finals.

They learned a lot form those first 2 rounds, but certainly shouldn't be judged by it in a title race this season.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

This team is so deep it's scary. But at the same time, there's so much talent in the NBA right now it'd be way premature to crown them. There's a lot of good teams that will give the Lakers a real run for their money, even if no one knocks them out.

WileOut

You are right, I admit the Celtics are great. But Bynum is potentially an all star that they didn't have in the playoffs. In the west, the toughest conference, the Lakers still finished 1st last year without ever having Gasol and Bynum on the same team. Good point about the Celtics blowout Pistons and the blowout of the Lakers though. But this Lakers team is young and hungry and loaded. We'll see man.

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Hornets are the team to beat in the West. Posey will kill the Lakers again in the playoffs.

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh sorry.....write it down!!!!

WileOut

West is loaded, man are they loaded.

East top heavy but old too.

Hornets a great team so is Jazz and Rockets.

IDENTITY
    IDENTITY's Avatar Become A Pro!

wile, u from california sir?

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers win it all

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by IDENTITY View Post
    wile, u from california sir?
    Nah Georgia.

Tsoprano

You are right, I admit the Celtics are great. But Bynum is potentially an all star that they didn't have in the playoffs. In the west, the toughest conference, the Lakers still finished 1st last year without ever having Gasol and Bynum on the same team. Good point about the Celtics blowout Pistons and the blowout of the Lakers though. But this Lakers team is young and hungry and loaded. We'll see man.
    Bynum 50% hype, we never got to see him under pressure, at important times in a season. We saw him off to a great start last season, but don't have a good enough NBA resume yet, to make such claims.

I'd rather have Posey on my team, than Bynum. Bynum has only 2 points so far (late in the 3rd quarter), and if any player gets injured, he has even more of a load to carry.

But bro, its definitely VERY close with who can take the title this year. It can go either way, so get ready for a great season!

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

bynum is trash

ZBOIZ

You People Dont Forget About My Hornets!!!!

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    bynum is trash
    High five, pal!!!

lol

(and yes, Hornets are definitely title contendors)

ZBOIZ

The Guy Is Big Time Overrated!!!!

Anyone On Here Tell Me What This Guy Did???

WileOut

Gonna be a great season. Bynum isn't going to have great numbers because of Gasol and his experience.

But look at Bynums season numbers last year. He got it going and when he did he put up some nice numbers. But on this team there is just so many weapons. Expect Kobe to average less points than he ever has. Expect that from all the players on the Lakers. There will be a lot of blowouts too and less minutes for their starters.

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    The Guy Is Big Time Overrated!!!!

Anyone On Here Tell Me What This Guy Did???
    Lakers are beating the Blazers by 19 points, and even in such a good game for LA, Bynum only has 2 points in the 4th quarter.

I hope he does good under pressure when they NEED the offense.

WileOut

Chris Paul may be best point guard since Magic.

Tsoprano

Chris Paul may be best point guard since Magic.
    NO, Rondo is!

But yea, Chris Paul is fantastic.

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers are head and shoulders above any team in the NBA now with Bynum. Lakers over Celtics in 5 in the Finals barring any serious injury to the Lakers. This team is better than the Kobe/Shaq Lakers without question. Maybe the best offensive and best defensive team in the league.

Odom is overrated. He is a serious offensive liability. He is like a shorter version of Mutombo.
    LOL Season has just started and LA is head and shoulders above any team. What a joke!

Tsoprano

We can't sleep on the Rockets this season with Yao available (and Artest).

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

No mention of my Spurs in this thread at all. Nice. Had Gino been healthy last year we would have beaten the Lakers... You Laker fans can't deny that