opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Barkley agrees with me! Miami fans suck....

Sir Charles calls Miami Heat fans the "lamest fans in sports". I couldn't agree with him more. Even the very few Heat fans at the game last night sat on their hands most of the evening. (or stood there with their arms crossed and a scowl on their face!!)

You know why?? Because bandwagoners aren't true fans. Unless you've suffered along with your team thru the down times, you can't truly appreciate the good times. That's why the Mavs will inevitably win this series. Because we didn't try to buy it, we've earned it.

Sports isn't about instant gratification. Its about loyalty.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

These Miami "fans" are the number 1 reason I want to see the Heat fail

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    These Miami "fans" are the number 1 reason I want to see the Heat fail
    For me LeCheat is the only reason why I would love to see 2 and half jerks fail

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Barkley must be getting buried

He is a frustrated gambler

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Barkley must be getting buried

He is a frustrated gambler

and a welcher

He can take his fat ass and his debt and disappear

str8upslik
    str8upslik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Being a Knicks fan, i couldn't agree with the OP any more. im not one of those who think just because we have two superstars now *cough* Heat *cough* that we deserve and will get multiple championships.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Amen to OP. In a way I'm kind of glad my Lakers' dynasty is coming to a close because now we'll begin to see who the true fans are. True fans remember the bad days as well as the good ones.

I remember mowing lawns in my middle school years for 4 months just to get a pair of tickets to the god-awful Del Harris led Lakers. It was the first game that I paid my own money for tickets. I remember they got stomped by the Suns by like 20 points. I was disappointed as hell at such an epic waste of money but 5 championships later, it's a funny story and I don't regret anything.

If your team is unsuccessful–have faith! You'll get yours someday...unless you're from Cleveland

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    Amen to OP. In a way I'm kind of glad my Lakers' dynasty is coming to a close because now we'll begin to see who the true fans are. True fans remember the bad days as well as the good ones.

I remember mowing lawns in my middle school years for 4 months just to get a pair of tickets to the god-awful Del Harris led Lakers. It was the first game that I paid my own money for tickets. I remember they got stomped by the Suns by like 20 points. I was disappointed as hell at such an epic waste of money but 5 championships later, it's a funny story and I don't regret anything.

If your team is unsuccessful–have faith! You'll get yours someday...unless you're from Cleveland
    We stand by our teams in Cleveland. Win or lose. For as much hell we get for our sports teams failures at least our teams are competitive for the most part. We were just unfortunate to have some of the best players in sports to go up against. We've had great basketball teams before Lebron. The Price, Daugherty, Hotrod era was some of the best that would have won multiple titles if it wasn't for Jordan and the bad boy Pistons. Our football teams dominated for decades until the mid 1960's winning multiple championships. We would have won a couple of superbowls if it wasn't for John Elway's heroics and also good Oakland Raiders teams. Our Indians were inches away on 3 occasions but had iconic guys like Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome, Albert Belle with 1500+ homeruns between them. Find another team that had that kind of firepower. We've had some of the best pitchers in the league, several Cy Youngs.

Cleveland is a lunch pail, work horse city and so our teams. We know how to enjoy sports even if it means not winning it all. We're not bandwagon fans that latch on to the flavor of the month. Our day will come and when it does, it will be worth the wait. But we'll enjoy the ride nonetheless. This was a tough year for the Cav's but we'll never forget sweeping the Knicks, beating the Celtics to open the season and laying a revenge beatdown on the cHeat. That one win was more satisfying then all the losses

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Sir Charles calls Miami Heat fans the "lamest fans in sports". I couldn't agree with him more. Even the very few Heat fans at the game last night sat on their hands most of the evening. (or stood there with their arms crossed and a scowl on their face!!)

You know why?? Because bandwagoners aren't true fans. Unless you've suffered along with your team thru the down times, you can't truly appreciate the good times. That's why the Mavs will inevitably win this series. Because we didn't try to buy it, we've earned it.

I traveled to Dallas for Games 3 and 4. Am I going to see you in Miami Games 6 and 7?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

dallas in 7 games!

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    For me LeCheat is the only reason why I would love to see 2 and half jerks fail
    Naturally that's number 2!

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just noting the irony that the pic of Opie at the game last night was with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.

For full disclosure, I was a heat fan until the Hornets, then Thunder moved to OKC. Now heat are #2.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    I traveled to Dallas for Games 3 and 4. Am I going to see you in Miami Games 6 and 7?
    My man! You clearly aren't one of the "bandwagoneers". Anyone who actually lives in the city of said team gets a reprieve.

I have a feeling I'm a long way from being bigtime enough to afford a ticket to a Game 7 in your town! I'm not going to a game unless I have prime seats. I don't even want to think at what a prime seat would set you back for this game.

Enjoyed meeting you, pal. Hope you liked Big D. GO MAVS.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

This is pretty much stating the obvious. Florida sports in general are notorious for horrible fan support.

The Rays were about to win their division and Evan Longoria basically begged fans to come to the games.

Marlins sell like, 80 tickets per home game.

The Heat couldn't even fill 20% of the seats you generally see on television broadcasts a year ago. Their tickets now are simply an accessory.

And when this chapter closes, Miami/Florida residents will abandon them like they do to every other team that falls off.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

My man! You clearly aren't one of the "bandwagoneers". Anyone who actually lives in the city of said team gets a reprieve.

I have a feeling I'm a long way from being bigtime enough to afford a ticket to a Game 7 in your town! I'm not going to a game unless I have prime seats. I don't even want to think at what a prime seat would set you back for this game.

Enjoyed meeting you, pal. Hope you liked Big D. GO MAVS.
    I feel you. If it goes to game 7, it will definitely be over $1500 a ticket at least for any seat in the lower bowl.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

How about the Miami Hurricanes... This was halftime.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a fan of Lebron and never have been but I have more of a problem with Dallas not being able to win at this level without using a zone than anything I have seen in this playoffs. Magic, Larry, and Jordan did not even have the zone as an option. The Mavericks are a really weak team.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    Not a fan of Lebron and never have been but I have more of a problem with Dallas not being able to win at this level without using a zone than anything I have seen in this playoffs. Magic, Larry, and Jordan did not even have the zone as an option. The Mavericks are a really weak team.

Not sure if you're srs ...

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course Heat "fans" suck. They're from Miami, all "fans" there suck.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Thought he was friends with Wade.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

good post opie...i'm routing with u in this one. I'd love to see the MAVS do it...good luck

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Florida fans of every single team there are terrible (Gator fans are biggest bandwagon fans around, don't be fooled). Look at that pic from Mac4Lyfe. Marlins, Noles, South Florida Bulls, Canes, Bucs, Rays, Fins, and clearly Heat. Lightning may have had best Florida fans actually. Heat had tickets available 2 hours before game 5 against Celtics

Heat have had worst crowd by far these playoffs. Literally sit on their hands and then a few claps after an alley-oop.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

What is this "WE" stuff? Do you have an ownership interest in the Dallas Mavericks alongside Mark Cuban or are you just a fan? Assuming its the latter, then there is no relationship between you and the Dallas Mavericks or any other sports franchise in the state of Texas.

If you disagree with this, ask yourself this question:

Do you really believe the Dallas Mavericks care as much about you as you do about them?

Check out the movie "The Fan" starring Robert DeNiro if you want to see a close-up look about how foolish obsessed people can be about sports franchises.

While I despise Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and the entire Miami Heat team, there is nothing wrong with a team signing talented players in order to improve their odds of winning a sports championship.

With all that being said, go DALLAS!!
    Last edited by andywend; 06-09-11 at 12:53 AM.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

definitely the worst sportstown...they don't deserve that kind of team.... he should be playing for a nice blue collar town like Cleveland

widebody2
    widebody2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    We stand by our teams in Cleveland. Win or lose. For as much hell we get for our sports teams failures at least our teams are competitive for the most part. We were just unfortunate to have some of the best players in sports to go up against. We've had great basketball teams before Lebron. The Price, Daugherty, Hotrod era was some of the best that would have won multiple titles if it wasn't for Jordan and the bad boy Pistons. Our football teams dominated for decades until the mid 1960's winning multiple championships. We would have won a couple of superbowls if it wasn't for John Elway's heroics and also good Oakland Raiders teams. Our Indians were inches away on 3 occasions but had iconic guys like Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome, Albert Belle with 1500+ homeruns between them. Find another team that had that kind of firepower. We've had some of the best pitchers in the league, several Cy Youngs.

Cleveland is a lunch pail, work horse city and so our teams. We know how to enjoy sports even if it means not winning it all. We're not bandwagon fans that latch on to the flavor of the month. Our day will come and when it does, it will be worth the wait. But we'll enjoy the ride nonetheless. This was a tough year for the Cav's but we'll never forget sweeping the Knicks, beating the Celtics to open the season and laying a revenge beatdown on the cHeat. That one win was more satisfying then all the losses
    Those Indians were sick...I don't know how they didn't end up winning any titles? The daugherty led cavs were pretty good, but I still don't think they could have won any titles even if the pistons and the bulls didn't exist. The supersonics, the trailblazers, the rockets, the suns, and the knicks, and possibly the Pacers were better than them during their peak in the 90s (off the top of my head)

Just the fact that you guys beat the heat this year is hilarious

opie1988

what a night, fellas!!!!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

opie I called this in game 1 its on the site somewhere!! Then LakerBoy chimed in saying it's just like a Lakers game!! Air is air to him though!!