Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Armchair astromer discovers a cylinder structure on Mars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...gle-earth.html

Personally I think it is an alien weapon designed to kill us all.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

embedding disabled?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeDc8fubAA

original youtube user has removed all videos

Grandmaster B
    Retired

tried to embed this one also...youtube is not allowing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRTrikrVYIQ

Grandmaster B
    Retired

these comments below are very interesting....

oericsylla 1 day ago
    Did you really post this as something you discovered? LOL. you are using a simulation of what mars might look like, not actual images of it. Yes google mars using truth based information to simulate those images, but not that deep and detailed. Did you even think that the people who developed that simulation made the image that way in that specific locaiton. If this was a discovery, it would be by google, and at the same time it is not a discovery because that is simulated. LOL, Funny though

@oericsyllaIf such a simple explanation then why was the video taken down? And why the talk about ice?

goodchardonnay 22 hours ago
    goodchardonnay Just because someone took down a video that they posted, does not mean it is a conspiracy or wierd. and that was one video, you can still see all the other videos. Some people are saying it is ice because it is just another guess or theory, one that actual makes more sense and is more plauseable then the other. I am not saying that the ice theory is right, but it really is a better 'guess" then aliens living in one structure out of the entire planet or the government and NASA.

oericsylla 21 hours ago
    @oericsylla
    but you yourself posted a rebuttal that is singularly surrounded with the argument that this is a "simulated Mars image". Now you are saying it may be ice. What happened to your earlier argument? I think it looks like a structure. So where is the video with the 850,000 hits from yesterday? Just asking.

goodchardonnay 19 hours ago
    @goodchardonnay I am not saying that it is ice. for the sake of the argument, lets say that the images were accurate. In that case, it is still more likely to be ice or issues with the image than a structure we or our government or aliens put there. I am not agreeing that it is ice, it is just more plausible to be ice the what you are claiming, if that is what you are claiming.

oericsylla 15 hours ago
    @goodchardonnay you honestly can not even say that it may be ice because the image is not even clear enough to determine what it is at all.

oericsylla 15 hours ago
    @oericsylla Simulated? I think NOT. Google Mars pictures are taken from three sources: the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter on the Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft; the Mars Orbiter Camera on same; and infra-red images taken by the Thermal Emission Imaging System on Mars Odyssey spacecraft.