SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Why is the bottom of PAC 10 such garbage.

USC favored by 42 two weeks ago vs. Wash. St, now they get Wash at -43...what's with these garbage programs.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

It's just not rich soil for recruiting the way Texas, Florida, Ohio etc.. are. Then throw in the fact that USC hoards every tope recruit from out west and there you have it. Not easy for those small to mid programs to win with recruiting out there, they need to build solid bases and develop their players.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Really tough to get someone to live in Pullman, Washington (Well at least voluntarily)

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Just like Big 12, ACC, Big East, and Big 10. Whore shit teams always in between.

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

seems like the bottom WAC teams can beat the shit PAC 10 teams

WSU_Tbone
    WSU_Tbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Really tough to get someone to live in Pullman, Washington (Well at least voluntarily)
    Well...I grew up in southern california and went to Wazzu....ill be the first to admit that it is a culture shock...very different from the city life....pullman is out in the middle of rolling hills with nothing around...closest city is Moscow, idaho Home of the Idaho vandals....during football season the town shuts down to goto the games...Its truly a small town of about 25-30k ppl with about 90% of the ppl either students or employees of the university...

Pullman actually grows on you and it grew on me...Best 5 years of my life and glad that I went there...Only problem is that when we get recruits there...they are only there for a weekend...and a kid from So cal or TX or even Seattle is not going to like it in Pullman on a weekend visit...you don't get the full college experience and no highly touted recruit is goiing to want to play in a town that is so far away from everything...When you play in a town like Pullman, you really need a coaching staff to be able to sell you on the program...In the old Mike Price days...he was able to sell some kids on a program that was on the rise...but it only lasted about 3 years and we came right back down and lost all the recruiting battles to Oregon and U of W...Hopefully, Wulff can change our recruiting around, and in 2-3 years we will start battling with the best of them...but as a diehard Cougar fan...its truly sad to say, I'm waiting for basketball season...lol

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

It's just not rich soil for recruiting the way Texas, Florida, Ohio etc.. are. Then throw in the fact that USC hoards every tope recruit from out west and there you have it. Not easy for those small to mid programs to win with recruiting out there, they need to build solid bases and develop their players.
    Washington isn't a small to mid program. They have an 80,000 seat stadium, are located in a major media market and were one of the top teams nationally for about 25 years up until Neuheisel left.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I don't want to hear that Washington and Washington State can't recruit because of their location, or they are too small. If Boise State can put a team togther every year that would at least finish in the upper half of the Pac 10, then those two schools should be able to...... especially Washington. The bottom line is Tyrone Willingham ran Notre Dame into the ground becuase of bad coaching and recruiting, and now he has done the same to Washington. They are probably hurting for the next 2-3 years until a new coach can undo this mess.

I believe Jim Mora Jr will tell the Seahawks No Thanks.... and take the Huskies job. As for Wazzu -- I don't know -- they couldn't beat USC's JV team. Maybe they need to pay their players better than USC to have a chance.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington Recruiting sucks Outside of Jake Locker, Ty willingham recruiting was a joke this team was taking so-so JC products out of SO CAL a few years back I know because i played against some of them. No way in hell a PAC-10 program should be taking that many Juco players. Washington State... I've been to Pullman, Washington good luck getting a top recruit from So CAL or anywhere for that matter outside of washington to go there. Stanfords admissions are tough they'll never have a elite talent team... UCLA I dont know i live 20 min away the weather is perfect, chicks are hot, good party school= good recruiting classes and last years was great, but they still suck QB injurys new coaching staff they wont suck for long. Arizona State I have no idea whats wrong with them they have talent but man do they suck. Oregon State raids Cali for talent but the big brother Oregon gets what they want first Talent wise... NIKE gives Oregon everything to a 17 year old kid thats cool.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 10-30-08 at 09:18 AM.