Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Need opinion on live betting from game 5....

Wsex contracts bought during the game seem to be still pending. Shouldn't these be voided ?

looks like WSEX is violating its' own rule ?

A competition must be complete for trades to be considered action. If a competition is cancelled or postponed before reaching its originally intended length of play, ALL trades for the event will be refunded.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Doug,

Books could basically make their own rules with live betting. Matchbook cancelled all in-game bets made last night while Pinny is keeping them in play. I guess WSEX is another shop that doesn't settle until game is completed, even if it is not on same day game started.

And WSEX is NOT violating its own policy here. This game was neither cancelled nor postponed, it was suspended. Therefore, it will ultimately reach its originally intended length of play.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Doug,

Books could basically make their own rules with live betting. Matchbook cancelled all in-game bets made last night while Pinny is keeping them in play. I guess WSEX is another shop that doesn't settle until game is completed, even if it is not on same day game started.

And WSEX is NOT violating its own policy here. This game was neither cancelled nor postponed, it was suspended. Therefore, it will ultimately reach its originally intended length of play.
    How does Matchbook even do this ?

A guy could have bet Philly, they take a 2-0 lead, he buys TB, at a big price, creates a profit, funds get freed up, then he bets it on a late NHL game, taking account to zero. How do you sort that out ?

How can WSEX and MB do this differently ?

What a mess ?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13658

I can also add that Pinnacle's live betting wagers are still pending, as LT pointed out...On the other hand, Greek cancelled a live bet wager I had placed on their site.....

LT Profits

Doug,

Well the player would benifit there, since he wins his Phils pregame bet and has his Rays in-game bet is refunded.

Doug

Doug,

Well the player would benifit there, since he wins his Phils pregame bet and has his Rays in-game bet is refunded.
    say the guy bet Phils after a pitch was thrown, so it is indeed an in game bet. That would get cancelled at MB, right ?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    say the guy bet Phils after a pitch was thrown, so it is indeed an in game bet. That would get cancelled at MB, right ?
    Got it.

Yes you are correct. And they may cancel subsequent bets made from the expected winnings.

Doug

Got it.

Yes you are correct. And they may cancel subsequent bets made from the expected winnings.
    How do you cancel the hockey bet ? This bet matched some other guys offer ? They have to pay the other guy, if he wins.

It would a lot easier for WSEX to cancel this stuff than MB.

Doug

Doug,

If a competition is cancelled or postponed ((before reaching its originally intended length of play)), ALL trades for the event will be refunded.

This is what happened....

before reaching its originally intended length of play

MB and WSEX handling it differently is crazy.

World Series
    Postponed 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    Tampa Bay 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 5 0
    Philadelphia 2 0 0 0 0 2 4 1
    Longoria flied out to center.
    Due Up: C. Hamels (.111, 0-for-2, strikeout), J. Rollins (.241, 0-for-2, walk), J. Werth (.302, 1-for-1, single, 2 walks)
    HR: TB - None PHI - None

Recap/Box · GameCenter · Glog (Live Commentary)

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Good points made here.

And WSEX is NOT violating its own policy here. This game was neither cancelled nor postponed, it was suspended.

What's the difference in a game being suspended and a game postponed? Not being wise, I really don't know. Heard of games being suspended until the next day to be finished, also heard of games being postponed until the next day to be completed as well, I thought it meant the same thing.

Doug

WSEX resolved this well.

they gave the choice of keeping the contracts or canceling them.

I had some TB at 21 ( +376)

more Philly at an average of about 66 ( -200)

they let me cancel the Philly contracts, and keep the TB ones !

I'm happy with that.

If you don't call them, the bets stand.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Matchbook don't free up profit, just stake. So if all bets are cancelled, you still have the same funds you started with, so any future bets are still from your own funds.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If a competition is cancelled or postponed ((before reaching its originally intended length of play)), ALL trades for the event will be refunded.

This is what happened....

before reaching its originally intended length of play

MB and WSEX handling it differently is crazy.

World Series
    Postponed 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    Tampa Bay 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 5 0
    Philadelphia 2 0 0 0 0 2 4 1
    Longoria flied out to center.
    Due Up: C. Hamels (.111, 0-for-2, strikeout), J. Rollins (.241, 0-for-2, walk), J. Werth (.302, 1-for-1, single, 2 walks)
    HR: TB - None PHI - None

Recap/Box · GameCenter · Glog (Live Commentary)

It is now a moot point since WSEX gave the option, but this game was NOT postponed, it was suspended, which is a major difference.

A postponed game would have been replayed from the beginnig, meaning play was stopped before the intended length of play was reached.

A suspended game is picked up from the point where it was stopped, meaning that is will reach its intended length of play, albeit on a different day.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Good points made here.

What's the difference in a game being suspended and a game postponed? Not being wise, I really don't know. Heard of games being suspended until the next day to be finished, also heard of games being postponed until the next day to be completed as well, I thought it meant the same thing.
    A postponed game is replayed from the beginning. A suspended game is picked up where it left off.