obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

this place has gone to shit in the last 6 weeks..

just saying...agree or disagree but it has went way down hill.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's been okay, but players talk hasn't been up to par lately

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

A lot of the good threads get sent to the saloon.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Its summer time forum life always dead, wait until football season hopefully there is one.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Its summer time forum life always dead, wait until football season hopefully there is one.

things are always more quiet in the summer, cant say the offshore environment is great right now either

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

alot of kids disappeared just like i predicted.

Shouldnt be down with golf, tennis, nba finals, mlb, hockey finals, etc.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Obama hang in there

Forums have ups and downs

Its a dead time of the gambling season

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

it's just been a little slow but still entertaining.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

obama what would u change pal?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree. Turned to shit.

obamaismyuncle

Last edited by obamaismyuncle; 06-07-11 at 07:10 PM.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

why did I look here

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Obama... that picture

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

What picture?

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    What picture?

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    whos bright idea was the 'saloon' anyway?

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

hey obama. got any new nearby friends you can transfer ur points to. ?

i know you got off the hook on that last ghosty point transfer. but i remember u as being kind of turdy then. hard to tell from 4 months past though.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post

i know you got off the hook on that last ghosty point transfer. but i remember u as being kind of turdy then. hard to tell from 4 months past though.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Is Confession of Sins Required by God?

FEELINGS on this matter are mixed. For example, the National Post of Canada reports on one person who admits that while it is difficult to tell someone else what you did wrong, “there is something extremely freeing about having someone acknowledge it, praying with you and saying this is what you need to do.” Conversely, the book Bless Me, Father, for I Have Sinned quotes a man who said: “Confession is one of the most crippling facets of the Church. It perpetuates neurotic patterns.” What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

What the Bible Says

In the Law that God gave to the nation of Israel, we find specific instructions on what needed to be done when an individual sinned. For example, when a person sinned against a fellow man or broke one of God’s laws, he would have to confess to an appointed priest of the tribe of Levi, who would then make atonement in his behalf by offering a sacrifice to God for forgiveness of sin.—Leviticus 5:1-6.

Centuries later, when the prophet Nathan reproved King David for his sins, how did David respond? He immediately admitted: “I have sinned against Jehovah.” (2 Samuel 12:13) He also prayed, pleading with God to show him favor. The result? David later wrote: “My sin I finally confessed to you, and my error I did not cover. I said: ‘I shall make confession over my transgressions to Jehovah.’ And you yourself pardoned the error of my sins.”—Psalm 32:5; 51:1-4.

Confession of sins remained a requirement by God in the Christian congregation in the first century of our Common Era. James, the half brother of Jesus and one of the principal men of the congregation in Jerusalem, urged fellow Christians: “Openly confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may get healed.” (James 5:16) What, then, are Christians required to confess, and to whom?

What Should Be Confessed?

Every day, we imperfect humans are prone to act thoughtlessly or to misuse our tongue and thus sin against one another. (Romans 3:23) Does this mean that we must confess every such transgression to a certain appointed human authority or agent?

While every sin is an offense in God’s sight, he mercifully takes into consideration our failings because of inherited human imperfection. Indeed, the psalmist acknowledged: “If errors were what you watch, O Jah, O Jehovah, who could stand? For there is the true forgiveness with you, in order that you may be feared.” (Psalm 130:3, 4) So, what should we do when we err and sin against others, perhaps unintentionally? Recall that the model prayer that Jesus taught his followers to pray includes this request: “Forgive us our sins, for we ourselves also forgive everyone that is in debt to us.” (Luke 11:4) Yes, God will grant us forgiveness if we come to him and ask for it in Jesus’ name.—John 14:13, 14.

God will overlook our shortcomings and grant us forgiveness if we come to him and ask for it in Jesus’ name

Note that Jesus included the condition that we also forgive those “in debt to us.” The apostle Paul reminded his fellow believers: “Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32) When we forgive others their faults, we will have good reason to expect God to forgive us ours.

What, though, about such grievous sins as stealing, intentional lying, sexual immorality, drunkenness, and so on? Anyone committing such sins is breaking God’s laws and is thus sinning against God. What should be done?

To Whom Should Sins Be Confessed?

God does not authorize men to forgive sins against him; only he can do so. The Bible tells us clearly: “If we confess our sins, [God] is faithful and righteous so as to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9) However, to whom should such sins be confessed?

Since forgiveness can come only from God, confession must be made to him. That is what David did, as we have noted. On what basis, though, would forgiveness be granted? The Bible tells us: “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the person of Jehovah.” (Acts 3:19) Yes, forgiveness is contingent not only on one’s recognizing and confessing the sin but also on one’s being willing to desist from the wrong course. This additional step is often difficult. But there is help.

Recall the words of the disciple James that we referred to earlier: “Openly confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may get healed.” To those words, James added: “A righteous man’s supplication, when it is at work, has much force.” (James 5:16) The ‘righteous man’ can be one of “the older men of the congregation,” whom James mentioned in verse 14. In the Christian congregation, there are spiritually “older men,” or elders, appointed to assist those who want to gain God’s forgiveness. No, such “older men” cannot absolve anyone of sins, for no man is authorized to forgive a fellow human for a wrong against God.* However, they are spiritually qualified to reprove and readjust a person guilty of a serious sin, helping him to recognize the gravity of his sin and the need to repent.—Galatians 6:1.

Why Confess One’s Sins?

Whether the sin is grievous or not, the person who committed it has damaged his relationship with his fellow man and with God. Consequently, he may feel troubled or ill at ease. This is the work of the faculty of conscience, with which our Creator has endowed us. (Romans 2:14, 15) What can be done?

Turning once again to the book of James, we find these encouraging words: “Is there anyone [spiritually] sick among you? Let him call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.”—James 5:14, 15.

Here again, the older men, or elders, are called upon to respond to the needs of the flock. How? Not by merely hearing a confession. Rather, since spiritual sickness is involved, something needs to be done in order to “make the indisposed one well.” There are two things James mentioned that can be done.

First, there is the ‘greasing with oil.’ This refers to the healing power of God’s Word. The apostle Paul explained that “the word of God is alive and exerts power . . . and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart,” reaching deep into one’s mind and heart. (Hebrews 4:12) By skillful use of the Bible, the older men can help the spiritually sick one to see the cause of the problem and take appropriate steps to correct matters before God.

Then, there is “the prayer of faith.” Although the prayers of the older men will not alter God’s application of justice, these prayers do count with God, who is eager to pardon sin on the basis of Christ’s ransom sacrifice. (1 John 2:2) God is ready to help any sinner who is genuinely repentant and who produces “works that befit repentance.”—Acts 26:20.

The foremost reason to confess a sin is to gain an approved standing with God

The foremost reason to confess a sin—committed either against a fellow human or against God—is to gain an approved standing with God. Jesus Christ indicated that we must first resolve any difficulty with our fellow men and make peace with them before we can worship God with a good conscience. (Matthew 5:23, 24) Proverbs 28:13 says: “He that is covering over his transgressions will not succeed, but he that is confessing and leaving them will be shown mercy.” When we humble ourselves in the eyes of Jehovah God and ask for forgiveness, we will win his favor and be exalted in due course.—1 Peter 5:6.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The dog days of summer for sbr forum

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Yep obamalang is fukking scammer.. Guy is a scumbag..

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Obama hang in there

Forums have ups and downs

Its a dead time of the gambling season
    Plus you having 3rd shift "JJ" posting more in the afternoon isn't helping nor having him post as Brock and Fish isn't helping either

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

I agree... some quality posters not around much of late, i.e.: stealthy, sickler, profit, stevek are a few that come to mind.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The dog days of summer for sbr forum
    that's why Lou has to pull out all the stops to start up things.