Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peyton Manning and Brett Favre have something in common

They are both over rated and past their prime. Brett will probably retire after this year. Peyton will suffer a few losing seasons after this one and then hang it up.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Both statements are false. Peyton and Favre two of the best all times.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

bold statement. I tend to disagree. Peyton anyways.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favre yes. Peyton maybe.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36721

I think it's a little harsh on Manning to compare him to Favre at this point in their respective careers. There are more problems on Indy than just Manning, and the offense just isn't good enough any more to compensate for it. Favre on the other hand is just ridiculously bad and save for about 3/4's of last season, has been terrible for probably 5 years now. If his name wasn't Brett Favre there would be talk of a QB change i'm sure in New York.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Both statements are false. Peyton and Favre two of the best all times.
    Both are hall of famers, but they are done. Brett needs to hang it up now. I give Peyton another 2 seasons.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    I think it's a little harsh on Manning to compare him to Favre at this point in their respective careers. There are more problems on Indy than just Manning, and the offense just isn't good enough any more to compensate for it. Favre on the other hand is just ridiculously bad and save for about 3/4's of last season, has been terrible for probably 5 years now. If his name wasn't Brett Favre there would be talk of a QB change i'm sure in New York.
    I think that is right on.

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think either are washed up.

Favre throwing INTs is nothing new as he's done that even in his prime. He still has the ability to lead teams back like when he avoided a safety vs. Raiders in the final seconds to lead them to a tying FG. Also had a huge throw in OT that would've set them up for the W but the idiot TE tripped over his own feet.

And of course led them to a win Sunday with a big TD throw in the final seconds.

Peyton played well tonight, wasn't his fault that his idiot coach kept going for it on 4th down when his defense was playing well.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

The thing they'll have in common is both will be in the Hall of Fame, but with only one Super Bowl win each. Colts are looking really bad right now.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Peyton has 4 more seasons...not 1 or 2....do you really believe that? or is this just bad losses over weekend talking?

cantgetright
    cantgetright's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dead wrong about Peyton.

Legend4Aday
    Legend4Aday's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    They are both over rated and past their prime. Brett will probably retire after this year. Peyton will suffer a few losing seasons after this one and then hang it up.
    Illusion

If your serious you're mistaken, because Favre never had a great team to work with, and made things happen, and Peyton was given a good team, and made great things happen.

Btw Peyton looked good today, but their running game was terrible, and the colts defence stopped the run, but couldn't stop completions despite Kerry Collins playing Mediocre. Most people knew the Titans were the best team coming into this game. Sorry if you didn't.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Illusion,
    You just don't seem like a happy man right now. First the thread about the Titans being the worst 7-0 team of all time. Now a thread calling Favre/Manning overrated and past their prime.

Illusion, you may have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'd suggest seeing your doctor and getting put on some medication that might help your condition.

Now, that I've got my house call out of the way, we can discuss Brett/Peyton.

Now, Brett is clearly past his prime. He's 37 years old. There is no one in the NFL who is still "in their prime" at 37. Just not. Period. End of discussion. I don't think he's is a particularily good fit with the Jets. Whether they're overrated or not is a matter of opinion, I suppose.

Peyton may be past his prime but the jury is still out on that. But how many QB's in the NFL would you rather have QB'ing your team this week before you get to Manning? I know he's not having a great statistical season. But I attribute a lot of that to the fact that I don't think he's completely healthy, the Colts injuries across the O-Line, Joseph Addai being hurt which has essentially killed the running game negating the play-action pass.

Best of luck!

Doc
    Last edited by Doc JS; 10-28-08 at 04:52 PM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Brett & Peyton aren't having their respective greatest seasons this year, but they are both still top 10 QBs in the league. Consider some of the other starters on some teams right now: Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner, Gus Ferrotte, Chad Pennington. There are many teams that would love to have a Peyton leading their team right now, if not a Brett.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

The era of Eli.