GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can only get government assistance for a limited amount of time.

Why don't we drug test oil execs before we hand out more oil subsidies? Why didn't we drug testing shareholders of bank stocks before we bailed out the banks?

This is class warfare and robbery of the taxpayers by the rethuglicans. Pure and simple.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenYAK View Post
    You can only get government assistance for a limited amount of time.

Why don't we drug test oil execs before we hand out more oil subsidies? Why didn't we drug testing shareholders of bank stocks before we bailed out the banks?

This is class warfare and robbery of the taxpayers by the rethuglicans. Pure and simple.
    well i think unemployment is up to 99 weeks now, thats quite awhile. Not sure about other forms of welfare, but aren't there some that are pretty much ongoing?

GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welfare is state by state. All states have time limits and strict conditions like actively seeking work to qualify. In my state you can only get food stamps 4 or 5 times. This all misses the bigger point. Food stamps, unemployment, and welfare are insignificant portions of the budget. We waste about a trillion dollars a year on our military. Recent estimates are that 30 cents to every dollar the DOD spends is waste,fraud, or abuse. Where is the outrage for this? Why is all the outrage focused on spending that actually helps people?

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenYAK View Post
    Welfare is state by state. All states have time limits and strict conditions like actively seeking work to qualify. In my state you can only get food stamps 4 or 5 times. This all misses the bigger point. Food stamps, unemployment, and welfare are insignificant portions of the budget. We waste about a trillion dollars a year on our military. Recent estimates are that 30 cents to every dollar the DOD spends is waste,fraud, or abuse. Where is the outrage for this? Why is all the outrage focused on spending that actually helps people?
    all the outrage isnt about this, i'd like all our troops returned home, vastly cutting the military expense to what is actually necessary for defense, ron paul is the only candidate i know of that is supporting this and is trustworthy

First ... 2345