Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by rocky502 View Post
    Isn't that sad that you think so little of poor people that the only option is either welfare or crime? Don't you think maybe some just need a kick in the ass to go find a job? Take away the free ride and some of them will choose swim vs. sink and actually get their shit together. Too many are reliant on the govt. teet when they are perfectly capable of getting a job. Look how many immigrants come here with virtually nothing, and one generation later are hard working, home-owning, contributors to society.
    No, most people on welfare won't work under any circumstances.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Unreal how we look for ways to fuk our own people but yet never run out of money for bombs to drop on people thousands of miles a way that have never done jack shit to us.

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

i love the bill, but its going to up the crime rate even more in areas where things are already bad

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

this will cost us here in florida more then help. There is a site telling sample size that was done in michigan and what it means for people in kentucky, Rick scott has been the worst governer this state has ever seen. He has layoff teachers left and right. He has canceled the private homeowners insurance for a lot of people that now will have to pay high rates to other places. He has a approval rate of like 1 percent or some shit. I honestly could care less about this bill, but scott is a idiot.
    In the five weeks that the program was in effect, the drug tests were positive in only eight percent of the cases, a percentage that is consistent with drug use in the general population. Of 268 people tested, only 21 tested positive for drugs and all but three were for marijuana.

which is ~1.11% of the sample size, which isn’t nearly significant enough of a sample to infer anything about the general population, but we’ll go with it for argument’s sake since the original post did. According to the previous article, there are 58,124 people in Kentucky on welfare. 1.11% of 58,124 is ~639 people. The previous article stated it was only 216. ThingsComeUndone’s math was off by quite a bit. So if 639 people are now losing their welfare benefits, that is an additional $1,533,600 in savings per year.
    Let’s do the math all over again now, and do it correctly this time. The cost of drug testing the 58,124 welfare recipients in Kentucky would be $50.33 * 58,124, which comes out to $2,925,380. The amount you save by taking away the welfare benefits of only those testing positive for illegal drugs other than marijuana is $1,533,600.

http://my.firedoglake.com/jason2890/...elfare-debunk/

gwiz
    gwiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post
    What drug testing company does he own? I think you are misinformed and confusing his 62 million investment in Solantic Corp. a chain of 32 urgent care clinics. Solantic would not bid on that job as long as Scott's shares remain in the trust.

gwiz

Quote Originally Posted by THE HITMAN View Post
    If they pass the test, it doesn't cost them anything
    and who will pay? the goverment will pay for them or as I said before and the main point being>>

the taxpayer will foot the bill

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

This will be the end of welfare in Florida, 99% of welfare recipients are on drugs

gwiz

his company specializes in drug tests according to this report and he transferred his interests to his Wife to try and seperate his name from it

gwiz

the man himself

Last edited by gwiz; 06-08-11 at 05:44 PM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    this will cost us here in florida more then help. There is a site telling sample size that was done in michigan and what it means for people in kentucky, Rick scott has been the worst governer this state has ever seen. He has layoff teachers left and right. He has canceled the private homeowners insurance for a lot of people that now will have to pay high rates to other places. He has a approval rate of like 1 percent or some shit. I honestly could care less about this bill, but scott is a idiot.
    In the five weeks that the program was in effect, the drug tests were positive in only eight percent of the cases, a percentage that is consistent with drug use in the general population. Of 268 people tested, only 21 tested positive for drugs and all but three were for marijuana.

which is ~1.11% of the sample size, which isn’t nearly significant enough of a sample to infer anything about the general population, but we’ll go with it for argument’s sake since the original post did. According to the previous article, there are 58,124 people in Kentucky on welfare. 1.11% of 58,124 is ~639 people. The previous article stated it was only 216. ThingsComeUndone’s math was off by quite a bit. So if 639 people are now losing their welfare benefits, that is an additional $1,533,600 in savings per year.
    Let’s do the math all over again now, and do it correctly this time. The cost of drug testing the 58,124 welfare recipients in Kentucky would be $50.33 * 58,124, which comes out to $2,925,380. The amount you save by taking away the welfare benefits of only those testing positive for illegal drugs other than marijuana is $1,533,600.

http://my.firedoglake.com/jason2890/...elfare-debunk/
    You go from stating 8% are on drugs to 1.1%, which is it? Multiply your savings by 8 and call me back bro, 21 of 268 is alot more than 1.1%

I think this program should be extended far beyond drugs, if you can afford a fuckin Escalade then you can afford food, if you can afford drugs then you can afford food, if you can afford to buy 3k dollar rims then you can afford food. Watching some ****** load her 2010 Escalade with 500 bucks worth of crab legs is not a reasonable welfare program

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Unreal how we look for ways to fuk our own people but yet never run out of money for bombs to drop on people thousands of miles a way that have never done jack shit to us.
    Wish you had been on a plane on 9/11 thinkin that as Muslim terrorists we hadnt done shit to sent you into a building

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I'm just talkin from an addict point of view. Underthetotal said he is an addict. No addict just walks away clean. Its a lifelong battle. You guys all want to vut welfare and food stamps. Watch the crime rate soar. When your wives are getting robbed coming from the grocery store, you will vote to give them their little bit of money their getting.
    Yup welfare has made the ghetto crime free so far

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Yup welfare has made the ghetto crime free so far
    Stop being siily. Maybe you have a point about some shit. But don't be a clown. Crime in the ghetto is bad. But if they cut welfare, it would be 10x's worse.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by gwiz View Post

Hard to believe this woman is in congress.

Happy to be moving from Florida.....dreadful state on many fronts.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Let's just make it simple...those who are not willing to take a drug test....go to a paycheck form of receiving the $$, you work so many hours per week cleaning streets....pressure washing business parking lots....construction (if skilled) on city/state buildings, lawns, any remedial tasks that need to be done....then you show up on 1st and 15th with your time card and receive the compensation. See...easier to take the drug test...otherwise don't give us any fukkin excuse that 'it's not fair to make them work'...my ass...I have to work to pay the $$ they receive....do something beneficial for ME....show us you appreciate it....keep our city clean and not ran down like your $25/month subsidized housing.....will teach them to EARN the money.

bettilimbroke999

Whats funny is that almost any job you apply for will require a drug test, yet these welfare recipients that are getting paid for nothing dont even feel they should be required to put down the drugs to receive money for free. I say **** em let em starve if they cant choose food over drugs

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Drug addiction is a disease. These people are handicapped wiith a disease. This is wrong
    Cancer is a disease, AIDs is a disease, addiction, drug or other is a sickness saturated in weakness.

bettilimbroke999

Gambling addiction is a disease....Im still waitin for my welfare check after 8 years

Mail must be runnin slow but they've managed to get 500 Oddsmaker and BetUS promos in my box in that time period

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

trace

drug addiction does not equal welfare

there are people of all economic statuses who are addicts

when i was in recovery i was in the 3% that wasn't poor, i have not looked into why that is. IMO. they were poor first, not poor because they are addicts.

i have 10 years and i don't go more than an hour without thinking about drugs, it is a part of my life, kind of like i am branded or marked.

but i will tell you that i am not poor. i was at one time in my life broke, but i educated my way out of it and made something after addiction.

you seem to be confusing addiction and handi cap

an addict has every chance in life as everyone else.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

What itchy said.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    Cancer is a disease, AIDs is a disease, addiction, drug or other is a sickness saturated in weakness.
    Substance abuse is looked at like a disease in this country. Whether its right or wrong.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not saying its a bad idea, under. I'm just saying that educating the drug addicts will do little if nothing to stop the drug use. But that's not the issue here. Nobady gives a fukk about these people and their dope habit. People just don't like other people getting a free ride. If this is a way to cut people off, then everybody loves it. You could give a fukk if they all OD tomorrow.

Laws of Natural Selection take full effect

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

when the governor owns a drug testing company it is no wonder he is going to find a way to get more business

tie in the fact that welfare recipients have no money and have to pay for these tests themselves guess who gets to pay for the tests

just another way for the rich to steal from the tax payer
    Gee Whiz, that was ONE STUPID POST FROM ONE STUPID POSTER.

A better idea would be to stop sending welfare recepients free money every week in the first place. It is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that our government sends people free money right to their door every week for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Our country needs to STOP sending those checks and use all of that money to financially assist people who work their tails off at minimum wage jobs. Assist the people who are doing their best to produce for the country and let the lazy bums rot.

At the very least, make it a requirement that in order to collect your very first welfare check, you have to submit to a birth control procedure (tubligation for women and vasectomies for men). If you can't take care of yourself and have to leech off the hard working taxpayer, then you have no business having children.

If the welfare collectors feel this birth control requirement is too evasive, then they have every right to refuse the procedure. However, THE CHECKS NEED TO STOP IMMEDIATELY.
    Last edited by andywend; 06-08-11 at 11:49 PM.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats funny is that almost any job you apply for will require a drug test, yet these welfare recipients that are getting paid for nothing dont even feel they should be required to put down the drugs to receive money for free. I say **** em let em starve if they cant choose food over drugs
    politicians are required to take drug tests?

dont answer that...its obvious you voted for Bush

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Gee Whiz, that was ONE STUPID POST FROM ONE STUPID POSTER.

A better idea would be to stop sending welfare recepients free money every week in the first place. It is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that our government sends people free money right to their door every week for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Our country needs to STOP sending those checks and use all of that money to financially assist people who work their tails off at minimum wage jobs. Assist the people who are doing their best to produce for the country and let the lazy bums rot.

At the very least, make it a requirement that in order to collect your very first welfare check, you have to submit to a birth control procedure (tubligation for women and vasectomies for men). If you can't take care of yourself and have to leech off the hard working taxpayer, then you have no business having children.

If the welfare collectors feel this birth control requirement is too evasive, then they have every right to refuse the procedure. However, THE CHECKS NEED TO STOP IMMEDIATELY.
    and you voted for Bush also...

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence understands that there is a direct link between drug related crime and lack of financial resources, its the same throughout the world...How they think this will have a positive outcome for society at large in florida is beyond me... Keep building those jails so that the innocent tax payer pays more all because of 1 persons agenda....As the saying goes "only in america" and no offence guys but its draconiam measures such as these that me thankful to not be a member of the most advanced 3rd world social order in the world that is america ...

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some of you guys must not know anyone that cheats/takes advantage of the system... I know lots and am a classy guy. I would think a lot of you degens would know even more. And you are okay with this?

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Anyone with an ounce of intelligence understands that there is a direct link between drug related crime and lack of financial resources, its the same throughout the world...How they think this will have a positive outcome for society at large in florida is beyond me... Keep building those jails so that the innocent tax payer pays more all because of 1 persons agenda....As the saying goes "only in america" and no offence guys but its draconiam measures such as these that me thankful to not be a member of the most advanced 3rd world social order in the world that is america ...
    Solution:

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Solution:

Where is this from?

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Where is this from?
    A country with A LOT lower crime rate than the US

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

That would keep those lazy fcks off their lazy asses for a week.

Make it public caning and you have yourself a winner. When they are done with that,
    make them do community service with a "I've been caned" shirt on.
    Public humiliation goes a long way in deterring crime.

bettilimbroke999

The prison population just grows and grows in the US, it is virtually no deterrent whatsoever, hell if youre living in the ghetto with all the criminals already what have you got to lose but I assure you...

Dat cane work good!

When your in Singapore thinkin about committin a crime you start thinkin bout dat cane tearing the **** out of your bare ass cheeks and you say I think I'll stay on the straight and narrow
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 06-09-11 at 06:48 AM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    That would keep those lazy fcks off their lazy asses for a week.

Make it public caning and you have yourself a winner. When they are done with that,
    make them do community service with a "I've been caned" shirt on.
    Public humiliation goes a long way in deterring crime.
    Somethin tells me when you never sit down for the next couple weeks theyll know you've been caned

No no I prefer to eat my meal standing up, yall enjoy, have a good meal

Holy **** my parking meter is about to expire (drops his food and runs out like a deer to drop another quarter in the parking meter)

ttrace35

Jeez. Now everybody on welfare is a criminal.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also tied to this bill there will be random drug tested for all government city and state employees. I'm cool with that too and you know why, cause I don't do drugs.

We already have to take a drug test in order to get hired and anytime there is any sort of work related injury there is mandatory drug testing. So if as an employee who is working for a living is required why shouldn't the person my tax dollars are supporting have to be tested as well?

First 12345 Last