1. #1
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Play the NFL Referee Angle Tonight

    Think about it.

    Undefeated team at home (6-0), NFL can extract a lot of mileage out of this. Titans are not the most public team, but what better stage to make a statement on than Monday Night Football surpassing the NFL version of the NY Yankees?

    Now I'm not saying anything is "RIGGED", so don't quote half of my post and be all , but is it possible that just maybe Manning may not get those ticky tacky Pass Interference calls every 40yo incompletion?

  2. #2
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 64,711
    Betpoints: 104975

    There may not be many opportunities for PI calls with Manning on his butt all night.

  3. #3
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    There may not be many opportunities for PI calls with Manning on his butt all night.
    I concur LT. Indy's run is over and the public refuses to believe it.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  4. #4
    AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-16-08
    Posts: 5,872
    Betpoints: 1215

    I am getting the feeling that CrazyL starts threads like these and with stupid teasers just to get a rise out of everyone on the site....

  5. #5
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    I am getting the feeling that CrazyL starts threads like these and with stupid teasers just to get a rise out of everyone on the site....
    Is it really so unheard of that a ref would keep their flags in their pocket to push the agendas of the league? I mean, have you watched NBA playoffs lately?

    I'm not suggesting the outcome is decided, just that some games are officiated a little more "opinionated" than others.

  6. #6
    Chi_archie
    Ghost
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 46,237
    Betpoints: 64

    I think it is worth floating the idea out there..... the NFL is facing an image problem in a lot of ways, and they have to "promote" their product... and need good story lines.

    we saw how this played out in the MMA world with kimbo slice as the "product"

    and we know that referees are not immune to being 'dirty' like what's his face in the NBA 2 years ago.

    in addition, somthing to think about with NFL referees... is that they really don't get paid very much... I think they basically have to have a full time job in addition to being a ref... its not a full time thing like an mlb ump or nba ref or hockey official.

    so you can look at in 2 ways... they are doing it for the LOVE of the sport ect, worked their way up from high school or whatever... and they will act honorably and impartially towards that sport... and their employer (nfl) doesn't pay them enough to influence them to compromise their standards.


    BUT it could also mean you get 1 bad apple that is down on his luck, house in foreclosure 3 kids going to college, wife's cancer medical bills to pay,....

    now that guy is susceptible to some underworld action paying him off to "shave" some points or whatever..

  7. #7
    AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-16-08
    Posts: 5,872
    Betpoints: 1215

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Is it really so unheard of that a ref would keep their flags in their pocket to push the agendas of the league? I mean, have you watched NBA playoffs lately?

    I'm not suggesting the outcome is decided, just that some games are officiated a little more "opinionated" than others.
    But there is something that you are missing on this...this isn't the NBA playoffs. As far as I have read and seen the NFL is much more diligent in their background checks of their refs and making sure that the guys are the field are being as unbiased as possible. I know that there will always be one bad egg in every bunch and be able to trick the system but I think Football might be the best of all the major sports when it comes to officiating.

  8. #8
    InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-28-08
    Posts: 15,244

    Steady @ -4

  9. #9
    Chi_archie
    Ghost
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 46,237
    Betpoints: 64

    well I guess this can get anywhere from 24k-70k a year... not bad for 20ish games

  10. #10
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    But there is something that you are missing on this...this isn't the NBA playoffs. As far as I have read and seen the NFL is much more diligent in their background checks of their refs and making sure that the guys are the field are being as unbiased as possible. I know that there will always be one bad egg in every bunch and be able to trick the system but I think Football might be the best of all the major sports when it comes to officiating.
    I'm not suggesting there are rogue officials that are paid off by the mafia. I'm implying that there could possibly be a situation where the officiating of a game was a little more "opinionated" to push through the leagues agenda- coming right from the top. So background checks are meaningless when it's right from the source. Again, I'm not trying to suggest that the outcome is decided, just that it MAY be officiated a certain way. Think revenue.

  11. #11
    AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-16-08
    Posts: 5,872
    Betpoints: 1215

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    I'm not suggesting there are rogue officials that are paid off by the mafia. I'm implying that there could possibly be a situation where the officiating of a game was a little more "opinionated" to push through the leagues agenda- coming right from the top. So background checks are meaningless when it's right from the source. Again, I'm not trying to suggest that the outcome is decided, just that it MAY be officiated a certain way. Think revenue.
    Hey I guess anything is possible and Money really does talk.....So it could happen...that would be something if it was ever found out that there was even a hint of this going on. Could you imagine??

  12. #12
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    Hey I guess anything is possible and Money really does talk.....So it could happen...that would be something if it was ever found out that there was even a hint of this going on. Could you imagine??
    Yeah, but each ref probably signs some kind of non disclosure form that if broken would probably cost them their life savings, and not to mention they'd be discredited and outcast in the public limelight considering how many friends and how powerful these sports leagues are. I'm beginning to sound too much like ShamsWoof10, though, so I'll digress. I just thought it was an interesting angle.

  13. #13
    BobHarvey
    951
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-08
    Posts: 3,987
    Betpoints: 128

    Crazy L,

    Do we know if that referee who did the South Carolina game is on the crew tonight? If so Manning and Collins should be on the lookout.

  14. #14
    Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-06
    Posts: 6,878

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I concur LT. Indy's run is over and the public refuses to believe it.
    As usual, BBD is ATFOI !!!!!

    Yes, Indy has had some injury issues this year. Maybe even more than their fair share...but as happens to teams sometimes in the NFL, THEY GOT OLD OVERNIGHT.

    This is not the Indy team that has won at least 12 games the past several years. This is a team that will be lucky to get a wild card and will be one and done in the playoffs.

    Tonight, I expect Tennessee to run the ball down Indy's throat and Indy not being able to do anything about it.

    Indy can't run the ball at all. Tennesse is very difficult to run on consistently anyway and I expect Indy to have a hard time protecting Peyton. It's hard to throw off your ass...

    Doc

  15. #15
    BobHarvey
    951
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-08
    Posts: 3,987
    Betpoints: 128

    34-28 Tennessee

  16. #16
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    34-28 Tennessee
    Safe to say you like the over?

    Good luck tonight.

  17. #17
    rm18
    jags ML 9/10
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 19,110
    Betpoints: 868

    you can get over 50.5 +300 at bookmaker

    SBR Founder Join Date: 9/20/2005


  18. #18
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    you can get over 50.5 +300 at bookmaker
    Worth a shot in your opinion?

  19. #19
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 64,711
    Betpoints: 104975

    Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    34-28 Tennessee
    I doubt it will be that hight scoring Bob.

  20. #20
    Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-08
    Posts: 3,254

    more like 23-17

    Robust

  21. #21
    BobHarvey
    951
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-08
    Posts: 3,987
    Betpoints: 128

    L.T.

    Tennesse will run thru the Colts offense like a sieve. Without Bob Sanders, hell Kelly Collins might have throw a TD. Add in four rushing TD's and Tennesse has done its part.

    Manning is good for at least three TD's and the Colts get a field goal or two. are your there. I agree with an earlier poster. If the UNDER looks to good to be true, it probably is.

    OVER!

  22. #22
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 64,711
    Betpoints: 104975

    Bob,

    Titans will run the ball successfully, yes. But that will also serve to eat up a lot of clock.

    And I would not be so confident that Manning will throw more than one touchdown pass, given that the Tennessee defensive line should overwhelm the Colts O-Line.

  23. #23
    BobHarvey
    951
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-08
    Posts: 3,987
    Betpoints: 128

    Tennesse will run thru the Colts offense like a sieve. Without Bob Sanders, hell Kelly Collins might have throw a TD. Add in four rushing TD's and Tennesse has done its part.

    Manning is good for at least three TD's and the Colts get a field goal or two. are your there. I agree with an earlier poster. If the UNDER looks to good to be true, it probably is.
    It wasn't exactly 34-28 but how about 31-21. Tennesse wins and covers, the OVER cashes in as well.

    Love it!

  24. #24
    Chi_archie
    Ghost
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 46,237
    Betpoints: 64

    nice work BOB

  25. #25
    BobHarvey
    951
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-08
    Posts: 3,987
    Betpoints: 128

    Thanks Chi Archie

Top