jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Giants Best Team In Football

Extremely physical also, they literally kicked thew fukkin crap out of a good Pitt team today, do not go by the score.

Barring injuries they win it all pretty easy again.

My second pick is Wash

Third Phila

No one else even has a shot at being champs

Panic
    Panic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hard not to put Titans up there. Very physical defense as well. They go on top until they lose IMO.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Hard not to put Titans up there. Very physical defense as well. They go on top until they lose IMO.
    I was going to say the same thing sir. The Titans have covered every game this year thus far.

Legend4Aday
    Legend4Aday's Avatar Become A Pro!

Titans vs Giants would be a great matchup, and both of these teams have an equal chance to win against eachother currently, but to rank them it has to be the Titans over the Giants since they don't have any embarrasing losses yet this year.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

giants by a mile
    titans arent CLOSE

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

NY Giants are definitely the top team.

Cowboys - Done
    Packers - Done
    Patriots - Done

Its a new (york) era.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

Very disappointed in the Steelers today. They were mandhandled. They could have lost 30-7 if the Giants were more efficient in the red zone. Tomlin is clueless. He jumps around after every play like Wade Phillips, yet has no idea how to win a close game.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

packers werent up there to begin with

nyg
    titans
    pitt

not sure who else is up there

thoguht tb was but they lost to dall with no romo

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

I still like the Packers to be contenders, but they'll have to win on the road in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoprano View Post
    NY Giants are definitely the top team.

Cowboys - Done
    Packers - Done
    Patriots - Done

Its a new (york) era.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

are there dvisional super bowl futures? can you for instance take the nfc east as a divisional field to win the super bowl?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Very disappointed in the Steelers today. They were mandhandled. They could have lost 30-7 if the Giants were more efficient in the red zone. Tomlin is clueless. He jumps around after every play like Wade Phillips, yet has no idea how to win a close game.
    I love the steelers, and you are so right about the head coach. He is the problem. However pittsburgh had some key injuries and still almost won

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Skins don't have a shot.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Giants have had a very easy schedule

they always play well in the early part of the year...

we will see

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

and eagles as the 3rd best team in football is a joke

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Redskins and Phila play a Giant style to a lesser degree but can beat you

Guys remember the 1st game of the year When giants got off to a big lead against Wash but then it was an even game for like 3 qtrs.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Titans can beat the Colts tomomrow They are #1 for sure.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Okay, I know a lot of you Giants fans are screaming BEST TEAM, but they have played NOBODY except for the Steelers. Did they beat the Steelers? Yes. Did they manhandle the Steelers? Not to the extreme that some of you are posting. I saw the game, and sans the 4th quarter the two teams were evenly matched with the Steelers dominating at parts throughout the game. That being said, the Giants are the best team in the NFC right now. The Redskins are soft in my mind. They two have not "put away" the bad teams when they have needed to. They win in the last quarter in games, and look as though the ineptitude of the teams they are playing keep them around long enough to do it. All in all if the Titans win tonight they HAVE to be considered the best in football right now.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If the Giants played the Titans on a neutral field right now (not knowing Tennessee Monday night result), Giants would only be -2.5, so wouldn't say WAY better.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

They (The Giants) seemed to have revived the pass rush that carried them to the title last year, a great pass rush can get you a long way home or on the road.

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

this changes week to week

where were all you giants backers when cleveland pounded them on mnf

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I still like the Packers to be contenders, but they'll have to win on the road in the playoffs.
    It'd be a nice story but the Packers are as good as a doormat should they reach the playoffs.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    If the Giants played the Titans on a neutral field right now (not knowing Tennessee Monday night result), Giants would only be -2.5, so wouldn't say WAY better.
    I would be a lot of money on the Giants at -2.5 in that matchup.

CaptainFurFace
    CaptainFurFace's Avatar Become A Pro!

As we all saw last year, it doesn't matter who the best team is. What matters is how they come together and play in the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    I would be a lot of money on the Giants at -2.5 in that matchup.
    Actually I'd probably join you.

I am just saying what the line would be. I do agree that the Giants are better.

manofmyth
    manofmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    this changes week to week

where were all you giants backers when cleveland pounded them on mnf
    Exactly, don't hear anyone talking about that game. Giants only won yesterdays game because Pitt lost their long snapper for the game and year. How many teams have 2 long-snappers i have no clue, but I bet a higher percentage of teams only employ one long snapper. I mean c'mon, if Pitt doesn't lose the long snapper, Pitt wins the game. Only way NY caught up was with the long snap over the head for a safety, and good field position after the kickoff/punt after the safety. The whole game NY couldn't matriculate the ball into the endzone. Yah NY is big winners here, 4-5 times into the red zone and only come out with 9 pts in the first half? OH yes, they are the best team in football right now. Thats what you expect out of the number 1 team in the NFL right now......drive down to the goal line only to get stuffed for 4 straight downs, and sending the only consistent player on NY out onto the field to kick a FG. If it were to come down to NY vs TENN, TENN would have a field day. against pitt yesterday, NY couldn't run the ball, against cleveland, they couldn't run the ball. And against TENN they won't be able to run or pass the ball. I didn't know that the bandwagons were out already on NY........

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

doesn't matter who is considered the "best" this week...

its good discussion fodder...

but how many people would have picked the giants as the best team week 8 2007?

ALL that matters is which team is the best when 60 mins has ticked off the clock super bowl sunday.

especially in the NFL...there can be alot of ups and downs for a 16 game season..

one or two key injuries changes your team dramatically. Just ask the Patriots.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by manofmyth View Post
    Exactly, don't hear anyone talking about that game. Giants only won yesterdays game because Pitt lost their long snapper for the game and year. How many teams have 2 long-snappers i have no clue, but I bet a higher percentage of teams only employ one long snapper. I mean c'mon, if Pitt doesn't lose the long snapper, Pitt wins the game. Only way NY caught up was with the long snap over the head for a safety, and good field position after the kickoff/punt after the safety. The whole game NY couldn't matriculate the ball into the endzone. Yah NY is big winners here, 4-5 times into the red zone and only come out with 9 pts in the first half? OH yes, they are the best team in football right now. Thats what you expect out of the number 1 team in the NFL right now......drive down to the goal line only to get stuffed for 4 straight downs, and sending the only consistent player on NY out onto the field to kick a FG. If it were to come down to NY vs TENN, TENN would have a field day. against pitt yesterday, NY couldn't run the ball, against cleveland, they couldn't run the ball. And against TENN they won't be able to run or pass the ball. I didn't know that the bandwagons were out already on NY........
    Nothing you said would change the fact that Giants would be -2.5. I take it you would be on Tenn.

LT Profits

Oh and nothing to do with bandwagon. Giants and Tennessee have been 1-2 in power ratings (in THAT order) for over a month, the Cleveland game did not change that.

Legend4Aday

Isn't it obvious why the Cleveland Browns beat the N.Y Giants........

5 Power Energy Drinks!!!!!!!!

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Legend4Aday View Post
    Isn't it obvious why the Cleveland Browns beat the N.Y Giants........

5 Power Energy Drinks!!!!!!!!
    But Brady didn't play.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I need to see what Tenn is made of tonite before I give them that. Tennessee is undefeated with there best player on the bench that says a lot.

manofmyth
    manofmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT i'm not saying you're on the bandwagon......what i'm referring to is the talk that NY is the best team. which you can already tell, that I don't think they are. They are top-3 for sure. but not ready to annoint them the best in the league just yet. If they won yesterdays game with a higher offensive output, like at least getting 2 td's in the redzone during the first half, then yes. i still gotta give the nod to Tenn right now, they are still undefeated as of today. I think todays game will prove if they can win the games they need to win @ home.

Legend4Aday

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    But Brady didn't play.
    Braylon Edwards admitted he is like the 5 hour energy drink designated driver when it comes to practice, he said so himself. Drink up
    Last edited by Legend4Aday; 10-27-08 at 04:54 PM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Extremely physical also, they literally kicked thew fukkin crap out of a good Pitt team today, do not go by the score.

Barring injuries they win it all pretty easy again.

My second pick is Wash

Third Phila

No one else even has a shot at being champs
    Sharp post except not really a secret. They can run the ball and as winter gets cooking they are going to be very hard to beat.