mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

another botched call decides a game

yet again a botched call be a ref has an impact on game and my bet. Anyone watch the Falcons game? ON the punt they called it a muffed punt but clearly he didnt touch the ball. But Falcons couldnt challenge it cause they were out of TOs. What a crock of shit. Philly goes in for the score to cover the spread cause of another bonehead NFL ref

Atlanta would have had the ball on their own 30 with a chance to win outright with 3 minutes left.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36

I can't understand how an official could say he saw the ball was touched. I could understand if he says he didn't see it was touched, and was wrong. BAD job by the officials, and that official should be held accountable. It was also a killer for Falcons bettors, as Westbrook scored a few plays later.

mmike032

yea they would have covered and had a chance to win.
    it cost me my bet but that doesnt matter. Its the fact that these officials are blowing these elementary calls costing a team a game.
    Same as the Chargers earlier this year. Its unacceptable and there should be some kind of rule in place where the booth can overturn a blatant bad call if its going to have an impact on the game

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i had philly -9 and had already scored it a loss, then i look back at my fantasy game and see that westbrook had just scored

got lucky, but considering how ariz fcked me i'll take it.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

This was such a bullshit cover lol. Westbrook is an idiot acting like he cares more about stats by going in for the TD rather than stepping out of bounds and letting his team kneel it out. Going for the TD like he did forces you to give the ball back and play D, I absolutely hate players who either don't realize this or don't care.

mmike032

yea BS call cost me my bet but so far the only lose for the day so I'm not bitter

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 156

I was surprised I ended up getting that cover too and I was wondering how it happened.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5221

L to W for me too plus I have Westbrook on my fantasy team, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket right now.

Bread
    I beat Robyn. A lot!
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Great minds Smitchy...Had Philly and Westbrook on fantasy. Nice.

atlsportsfan
    atlsportsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knocked me out of my bet as well, needed that one bad because I lost the Panthers game. Def blown call but Adam Jennings, the punt returner, made a bonehead play there. Should have just called for a fair catch went up and caught the damn ball not give the refs an excuse to blow the call.

Always Somethin'
    Always Somethin''s Avatar Become A Pro!

Calls helped the falcons in this game too like that BS roughing the passer in the 1st.

pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

Sometimes the headset in the refs ears is used to relay Vegas bets towards the end of games. The Vegas betting syndicate told the refs what the call needed to be and what Westbrook needed to do. They didn't even ask for a FG. They gave them an ultimatum for a TD and the refs complied because their families were in jeopardy.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by Always Somethin' View Post
    Calls helped the falcons in this game too like that BS roughing the passer in the 1st.
    correct but that had no influence on the outcome of the game.

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Sometimes the headset in the refs ears is used to relay Vegas bets towards the end of games. The Vegas betting syndicate told the refs what the call needed to be and what Westbrook needed to do. They didn't even ask for a FG. They gave them an ultimatum for a TD and the refs complied because their families were in jeopardy.
    They always decide to do this stuff at the last minute, its annoying.

smitch124

Freaking Betting syndicates are live betting now, that'll f**k things up...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    This was such a bullshit cover lol. Westbrook is an idiot acting like he cares more about stats by going in for the TD rather than stepping out of bounds and letting his team kneel it out. Going for the TD like he did forces you to give the ball back and play D, I absolutely hate players who either don't realize this or don't care.
    Gimme a break bro. This is the same guy (Westbrook) who had a break away for a TD last season against Dallas and went down at the 1 to let the clock run out. With the way Philly had been squandering scoring opportunities today, the chance to put the game to two possessions is more than enough to go for the score to ice the game. You're gonna tell me any NFL player is gonna just run out of bounds when he's got a chance for TD?

I understand being pissed if you lost the cover, but still. C'mon.

Always Somethin'
    Always Somethin''s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    You do remember last year when Westbrook took a knee on the one last season, right?

pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Gimme a break bro. This is the same guy (Westbrook) who had a break away for a TD last season against Dallas and went down at the 1 to let the clock run out. With the way Philly had been squandering scoring opportunities today, the chance to put the game to two possessions is more than enough to go for the score to ice the game. You're gonna tell me any NFL player is gonna just run out of bounds when he's got a chance for TD?

Last year the Vegas betting syndicate call for Westbrook was to take a knee to ice the game which he complied. Do you actually expect each year their demands to be the same? It's called smoke screen pal. The army uses smoke screen a lot.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice one Pavy.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank you vegas betting syndicates

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

I remember that now that it's brought up, but didn't at the time. Either way, it doesn't really matter, it was still a stupid play. Your argument about putting it to two possessions doesn't make sense.

Sorry, but players who don't realize the situation on the field like this have bugged me for a long time now. If fans can figure it out, I'm sure the coaches and players being paid millions should be able to figure it out too.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

oo